The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: jough on December 19, 2005, 12:02:30 am

Title: Custom Ranks / Titles
Post by: jough on December 19, 2005, 12:02:30 am
Hey kids,

I have a list of the custom titles/ranks, but no connection between user and rank.

So if your rank isn't showing up right, let me know and I'll set it right.

Also, if you want a custom title and have not had one previously, a $20 donation to the tip jar will get you set up, and also will help support the board and its hosting, etc.

If no one hits the tip jar (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=donations%40plagiarist%2ecom&item_name=Achewood%20Message%20Board&item_number=TOUAMB&no_shipping=1&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD&charset=UTF%2d8&charset=UTF%2d8) then I'm going to have to load the board up with HELL OF ADVERTISING - you know, stuff that flashes, spins, makes noise, covers up half the screen when you penis-over it, pops-up, under, around, and through, etc.

Title: Re: Custom Ranks / Titles
Post by: AlohaDawg on December 19, 2005, 04:04:18 am
THIS IS A SILLY FEATURE BUT I LIKE IT
Rather than special Ranks, maybe there is some feature of this board that would be worth donating to have...is there such a thing? Or is it possible to make advertising, etc. invisible to those who donate?
Title: Re: Custom Ranks / Titles
Post by: Choop on December 19, 2005, 05:35:43 am
Christ-all, can you disable the friggin' marquee?

Personally-customizable titles are meaningless. If you can limit the option to moderators, that would be cool. Otherwise, though I know naught but ColdFusion, I'll learn how to write a dang ol' mysql trigger or php or perl or ksh or whatever fuckin script to relate the titles to post-number-based.
Title: Re: Custom Ranks / Titles
Post by: jough on December 19, 2005, 08:07:52 am
Okay, also, those who used to have custom ranks/titles but no longer have them may not be able to post until I reset your user group permissions.

There were about 50 of you who had custom titles, so I'm trying to trace you all down and get you set up, but in the meantime, PM me if you can't post.
Title: Re: Custom Ranks / Titles
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 19, 2005, 02:49:51 pm
Testing one two.  Yee haw.
Title: Re: Custom Ranks / Titles
Post by: AugustWest on December 19, 2005, 03:33:21 pm
I've missed your old avatar Asherdan. Thanks for going back to it.
Title: Re: Custom Ranks / Titles
Post by: sjlimmer on December 19, 2005, 04:17:03 pm
Check baby check baby check baby check
check check baby check check one two

Guess y'all are stuck with me a little longer....
Title: Re: Custom Ranks / Titles
Post by: Turbo Ninja on December 19, 2005, 05:21:12 pm
Tuaca, anyone?
Title: Re: Custom Ranks / Titles
Post by: CortJstr on December 19, 2005, 05:28:25 pm
Quote from: sjlimmer
Check baby check baby check baby check
check check baby check check one two

God DAMMIT! Now I'll spend the rest of the afternoon randomly informing people that they are not from Brighton.