The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: otter on December 19, 2005, 06:46:10 am

Title: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for britches
Post by: otter on December 19, 2005, 06:46:10 am
I have often had this exact reaction to being up at 5 am. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12192005)

I don't think I've ever hid in the hallway and did, uhh, whatever Teodor's doing there.  Funny, though.

(Also: the idea that you can be the Anthony Kiedis of something is worth at least 5 extra points.)

(edit: added synonym for the p-word, on V-Adore's suggestion)
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: AlohaDawg on December 19, 2005, 06:53:09 am
Include the permalink when making first posts

Why piss everyone off with your second post?
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: mudokon on December 19, 2005, 07:22:30 am
Yeah, this happens to me all the time. Usually I'll just hide in the bathroom until the coast is clear, such as the recent time when my sister's friend wanted to meet me. I had to calmly explain to him that I couldn't come out of the bathroom because I had neglected to clothe myself.

Also, you didn't piss me off, for what it's worth (not much/nothing).
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: jough on December 19, 2005, 08:49:45 am
It's never too early for pantalones.
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: JorgeFabregas on December 19, 2005, 09:36:13 am
I'm wearing some right now at this ungodly hour.  :o
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: jough on December 19, 2005, 09:41:04 am
Otter, why did you have to go and piss off EVERYBODY because you forgot a link?

I mean, damn, man.  Why the hell did you piss off EVERYBODY?

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!?!?!?

Also: Welcome to the board. ;)
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: otter on December 19, 2005, 10:02:08 am
Sorry, everybody!  I am not real good at things.

(Also, thanks, Jough :))
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: LCB on December 19, 2005, 10:03:29 am
Do sweat##### count, because that's what I'm wearing right now.

I'm going to assume that's Onstad's tapered leg with the disturbingly thin ankle and small foot.
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: JorgeFabregas on December 19, 2005, 10:06:07 am
Someone once told me that sweat##### mean you've given up, but I don't know if that's true.
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: theinevitable on December 19, 2005, 12:01:23 pm
I did almost this exact thing. yesterday.
at about 1 am.

it was very cold. and I needed something from my car. bad choice. not only was I #####-less, I was doing a sort of awkward run/jump combo because of the temperature.
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: CortJstr on December 19, 2005, 02:15:26 pm
Someone once told me that sweat##### mean you've given up, but I don't know if that's true.

Only if you wear them in public. They are however perfectly acceptable for lazy afternoons around the house, early morning trips to your mailbox, and Critical Laundry Situations.
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: side_show on December 19, 2005, 02:37:26 pm
Teodor has a cute little bum.

Why are bums always amusing?  I mean, always amusing, sometimes disturbing?
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: jcreed on December 19, 2005, 02:58:47 pm
I still don't get the angry face he's making in panels 15 and 16.

The thing about little dogs with unclipped toenails is the God's honest, though. Lord. My family's dog, every morning KLAK KLAK KLAK all the time. And then it would run around on the carpet just to lull you falsely into believing the ordeal was over, and at the very precipice of unconsciousness KLAK klak KLAK KLAK klak all over again.
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: side_show on December 19, 2005, 03:45:54 pm
I still don't get the angry face he's making in panels 15 and 16.

to me it looks like he is straining to stay frozen in place.  That is my guess.
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: jcreed on December 19, 2005, 03:54:32 pm
to me it looks like he is straining to stay frozen in place.  That is my guess.

maybe he has some anger left over is all, from being woken up at 5:30am.

The main thing I am afraid of is that there is some obscure cultural niche somewhere out there wherein a stuffed bear raising his arms with much fury and wearing a christmas stocking over his dinger is a common occurrence, so much so that other persons aware of this cultural niche can make reference to this, thereby making cool people --- that is, the ones that have heard of this, such as not me --- chuckle.
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: yu-huang on December 19, 2005, 04:54:36 pm
Téodor's pudgy body verges on the repellent to me (which adds to the funny, actually). A small stuffed bear with man-titties, depicted with all its dewlaps and crevasses... he looks like an oiled-up bonsai sumo wrestler. >_<
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: ndpatel on December 19, 2005, 08:18:26 pm
i find myself actually amazed that onstad didn't go for the kill and have the stocking labelled "PHILIPPE".
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: Turbo Ninja on December 19, 2005, 08:33:35 pm
We didn't see Teodor return the stocking to the rightful place (by the chimney, with care), so we can only assume that he's still wearing it and that This Will End Badly.  I know I would be disappointed on Xmas Morn to find that my stocking had been used to cover someone's junk.

Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: robot_roll_call on December 19, 2005, 08:55:55 pm
We didn't see Teodor return the stocking to the rightful place (by the chimney, with care), so we can only assume that he's still wearing it and that This Will End Badly.  I know I would be disappointed on Xmas Morn to find that my stocking had been used to cover someone's junk.

That really depends on whose junk it was covering.
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: V-Adore on December 19, 2005, 09:23:54 pm
I like this comic. It's an unusually... well, loving depiction of nude Teodor, particularly in the ass, but that makes it funny; I like seeing a lot of artistic skill applied to something trivial.

Also, is this the most of Chris we've ever seen at a shot? My guess would be yes.
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: Golfhaus on December 19, 2005, 09:45:54 pm
Also, is this the most of Chris we've ever seen at a shot? My guess would be yes.

I think from a perspective of acreage, we saw more of him here (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06142002).

But from a "more than we wanted to see" perspective, then yes, seeing him in his boxers fits the mold.
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: V-Adore on December 19, 2005, 10:09:54 pm
I think from a perspective of acreage, we saw more of him here (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06142002).

But from a "more than we wanted to see" perspective, then yes, seeing him in his boxers fits the mold.
I was also thinking in terms of his actually being a character in the strip (ala his blog persona), not as present in the weird, unspeaking-set-piece kind of way he is there. Has Chris-the-blog-character ever appeared before? I really can't remember.
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: wombat on December 19, 2005, 10:37:15 pm
Chris just walks past a jumping-up-and-down alive stuffed animal with a Christmas stocking over his naughty bits, without stopping.  He doesn't even notice.  It says a lot about what it must be like to live there.
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: Bozack on December 19, 2005, 10:43:02 pm
Chris just walks past a jumping-up-and-down alive stuffed animal with a Christmas stocking over his naughty bits, without stopping.  He doesn't even notice.  It says a lot about what it must be like to live there.

At 5:30 in the damn morning, I could probably get dickslapped by an alive stuffed animal and not notice. I mean, god, how can you be at Satan's Hour?
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: mudokon on December 19, 2005, 10:58:21 pm
I was also thinking in terms of his actually being a character in the strip (ala his blog persona), not as present in the weird, unspeaking-set-piece kind of way he is there. Has Chris-the-blog-character ever appeared before? I really can't remember.

Would this (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03222005) count?
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: rumpy doppelganger on December 20, 2005, 08:50:43 am
i enjoyed the alt text when i didn't know who anthony kiedis was. then i got the reference with the internet, now it is slightly less funny to me because it makes sense

still gives me a laff
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: Roger on December 20, 2005, 07:48:39 pm
The alt text is the best part of the strip, followed closely by the "too early for p4nts" idea. But the whole concept of one being the Anthony Kiedis of a certain activity just by engaging in it wearing nothing but a sock over your genitalia is endlessly amusing. Think of the possibilities...
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: Emergent_C on December 20, 2005, 09:46:05 pm
Come on, guys. Clearly he was going for this:
(http://www.io.com/~cwagner/sa/tiki-god-2.jpg)
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: Undertoad on December 20, 2005, 11:55:39 pm
The whole point is to impersonate the sash, and the hook on which the stocking originally rests.

Since you can't impersonate the little piece of wood holding up the sash and the hood, you have to impersonate the attitude of the little piece of wood and that is what Teodor is doing.

That's how I see it anyway
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: antioch on December 21, 2005, 01:35:34 am
The alt text is the best part of the strip, followed closely by the "too early for p4nts" idea.

12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts

 Come on, people, quit trying to jock the filters! Seeing 'p4nts' so often makes me want to say, "I've D2BaD." I would study, but I have little to no respect for the internet.
 
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: V-Adore on December 21, 2005, 02:07:55 am
Come on, people, quit trying to jock the filters! Seeing 'p4nts' so often makes me want to say, "I've D2BaD." I would study, but I have little to no respect for the internet.

Agreed. Folks, if you want to filter-jump, use synonyms! Why not use "trousers" or "pantaloons" or another fanciful leg-covering word of your choice? Hell, I enjoy this board giving me an excuse to use "automaton," which otherwise I get to use all too rarely.
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: Phasma Felis on December 21, 2005, 02:12:18 am
The whole point is to impersonate the sash, and the hook on which the stocking originally rests.

Since you can't impersonate the little piece of wood holding up the sash and the hood, you have to impersonate the attitude of the little piece of wood and that is what Teodor is doing.

That's how I see it anyway
He definitely looks like he's trying to impersonate something. Haven't a clue what it might be. Your guess is as good as any.
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: side_show on December 21, 2005, 05:59:23 am
Agreed. Folks, if you want to filter-jump, use synonyms! Why not use "trousers" or "pantaloons" or another fanciful leg-covering word of your choice? Hell, I enjoy this board giving me an excuse to use "automaton," which otherwise I get to use all too rarely.

Oh really?  Is it poor netiquette to - as you say - "filter-jump?"  What about filter-hump?  If so, I was unaware.  I do love the word automaton though.  Also "dungarees" and "jodhpurs" are fun too.  As in " I say, is that automaton wearing dungarees or jodhpurs while fuck*ng that stallion?"  Yeah, I love the word fuck*ng too much - I refuse to use any other word.
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: V-Adore on December 21, 2005, 06:01:02 am
Oh really?  Is it poor netiquette to - as you say - "filter-jump?"  What about filter-hump?  If so, I was unaware.  I do love the word automaton though.  Also "dungarees" and "jodhpurs" are fun too.  As in " I say, is that automaton wearing dungarees or jodhpurs while fuck*ng that stallion?"  Yeah, I love the word fuck*ng too much - I refuse to use any other word.

I think of it less as poor netiquette and more as limited creativity. It's easy to type p4nts (well, not easy to type, but you get what I mean) and harder to use actual meaningful synonyms.

Also, an automaton would always wear jodhpurs when engaging in coitus with an equine. It's just what's done!
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for britches
Post by: otter on December 21, 2005, 06:44:51 am
How's that?  I was going to change it to "culottes," but that might have implied that Teodor was a sans-culottes.  Also, the word "britches" makes me giggle.
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for britches
Post by: V-Adore on December 21, 2005, 07:36:28 am
How's that?  I was going to change it to "culottes," but that might have implied that Teodor was a sans-culottes.  Also, the word "britches" makes me giggle.

It makes me giggle, too. Also, full points for sans-culottes ref.
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: Roger on December 21, 2005, 06:24:54 pm
Agreed. Folks, if you want to filter-jump, use synonyms! Why not use "trousers" or "pantaloons" or another fanciful leg-covering word of your choice? Hell, I enjoy this board giving me an excuse to use "automaton," which otherwise I get to use all too rarely.

I almost went with "calças", which is portuguese for that-which-cannot-be-named. But I thought that since the thread title was wearing p4nts it was the commonly accepted filter-jumping technique. I happen to despise hackspeak too, by the way.
Anyway, now I'm curious about this filter thing. Is there an index of such objectionable words?
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: V-Adore on December 21, 2005, 08:37:06 pm
Anyway, now I'm curious about this filter thing. Is there an index of such objectionable words?

No, and as far as I know that's by design. It's one of the few remaining throwbacks to the Dumbrella boards, where such filters were arbitrary, capricious, and mysterious. As far as I know, they change only by the whim of Jough (or me, I suppose, but this is not an admin power I actively use).
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for britches
Post by: Golfhaus on December 21, 2005, 09:02:40 pm
I would love to see Jough just one day add "p4nts" to the filter, replaced with, oh, I dunno. "Anal leakage," maybe.

"Yeah, the strip's good, but most of the characters don't even wear anal leakage."
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for britches
Post by: CortJstr on December 21, 2005, 09:19:53 pm
My favorite filter ever was a place that changed "first post" to "I lust after small children." Now that is a mother fuck*ng filter!
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for britches
Post by: Golfhaus on December 21, 2005, 09:22:45 pm
A board I used to frequent had all the :)s filtered to display things like "I like c*ck." The forum owner, it would seem, HATED :)s, and figured anyone who needed  a visual reference to detect sarcasm wasn't going to work out on the forum anyway.
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: Bozack on December 26, 2005, 10:33:03 pm
No, and as far as I know that's by design.

Actually, there is such an index, but it's kept at the Vatican.
Title: Re: 12-19-2005: Ugh oh god too early for p4nts
Post by: pmcd9 on December 27, 2005, 04:40:32 am
-=My daily image blog: Image of the Day

I'd like to hang out with these Santa's (http://cellar.org/2005/santaspeedo-women.jpg).  Uh, on second thought Maybe Not (http://cellar.org/2005/santaspeedo-phillyboys2.jpg).

~Paul