The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: evan on December 21, 2005, 08:24:27 am

Title: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
Post by: evan on December 21, 2005, 08:24:27 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12212005

Why does Chris want Teodor to be naked so badly? Why are the boxes of books so small?

Either way I'm just glad I didn't order any books.

If you're not satisfied with the amount of entertainment in today's comic you can spend a few minutes trying to figure out the physics surrounding the shelves in the last panel.
Title: Re: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
Post by: JorgeFabregas on December 21, 2005, 08:50:28 am
Why has Teodor changed his tune on public nudity? http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11262001
Title: Re: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
Post by: bonaparte on December 21, 2005, 09:40:14 am
I don't think he's singing a different tune so much as he's pissed at being asked to help ship orders at five in the morning.  He doesn't really want to go get clothes, he just wants an excuse to go back and get in bed.  We all know the bear has few qualms about showing off his body. 
Title: Re: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
Post by: Null on December 21, 2005, 01:05:34 pm
This one made me laugh.  The Holidays are the perfect time for this sort of cynical stuff.
Title: Re: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
Post by: wombat on December 21, 2005, 01:06:08 pm
This was one of the correct choices for thread title.  Thank you.
Title: Re: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
Post by: Doc on December 21, 2005, 01:08:25 pm
It seems that Chris is oscillating between being Ray and being Pat in this one, I think I like it.
Of course the hat was definitely worth a giggle.
Title: Re: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
Post by: misterqueue on December 21, 2005, 01:57:19 pm
Hung like a cranberry is sort of a frightening image, for various reasons.

This xmas, I'm going to spend the entire time walking around naked with only a cup on my head, as I think that is a good thing to do basically.
Title: Re: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
Post by: CortJstr on December 21, 2005, 02:02:39 pm
I guess he has a points. Think of all the bears that never wear ##### like Yogi, Paddington, and the one on the Colbert Report. But picking up naked Teodor is just a little weird.
Title: Re: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
Post by: Null on December 21, 2005, 02:07:00 pm
I'm glad I didn't order anything either this season.  I thought about it, but it kind of looks like Onstad hates filling orders--hates that to hell.  And I'd hate myself for being the cause of 5am stress.
Title: Re: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
Post by: misterqueue on December 21, 2005, 02:10:26 pm
But picking up naked Teodor is just a little weird.

That's because none of those other bears have dangly parts. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01252002)

ha HA... dangly parts!
Title: Re: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
Post by: ananke on December 21, 2005, 03:12:07 pm
"Don't make me pick you up!" is a pretty good threat.
Title: Re: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
Post by: jough on December 21, 2005, 04:52:38 pm
"Don't make me pick you up!" is a pretty good threat.

I say this to the cats all the time.  They'll be making a fuss and begging for treats until I break out the "Do you want me to pick you up?" and then they get go running and leave me alone.
Title: Re: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
Post by: wombat on December 21, 2005, 05:01:26 pm
"I'm picking you up!" is a threat that also works with my small dog.

But wait a minute, El Guapo has cats?  You've obviously been concealing your nurturing side.
Title: Re: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
Post by: jough on December 21, 2005, 05:23:03 pm
They're my uncle's, but I take care of them when he is away. There were three of them, but Ms. Schnockers-Marie passed away over the summer.

And I'm very nurturing!  I'll nurture the HELL out of you AND your sister!  I nurture stuff all the damn time!
Title: Re: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
Post by: AlohaDawg on December 21, 2005, 06:15:49 pm
It's always disconcerting to me when the humans and the cats/alive stuffed animals interact, but especially so when the comic is meant to be a real life siituation. I feel like the fourth wall is broken and Onstad is pissing off the proscenium onto the front row. OR something.

Also, the weird concept of having an alive stuffed animal  that he drew helping him ship out books filled with drawings of alive stuffed animals that he drew is drawing my mind into an ever-tightening oroborous. I think I need to lay down.
Title: Re: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
Post by: V-Adore on December 21, 2005, 08:41:10 pm
I'm just questioning how much actual help Teodor would be in an unloading situation. As an alive stuffed animal, wouldn't he be smaller and lighter than most of the book boxes? I suppose that's why Onstad set him in front of the Underground-sized boxes, since I'm sure Achewood (as a gripping documentary series) ships a lot of merch to the inhabitants of Hidden Hills.

Were I not spending the holiday with my parents, I think I would consider prancing around naked but for strategically-placed Starbucks cups. (And by "strategically-placed," I mean "on my head.")
Title: Re: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
Post by: misterqueue on December 21, 2005, 08:52:15 pm
Were I not spending the holiday with my parents, I think I would consider prancing around naked but for strategically-placed Starbucks cups. (And by "strategically-placed," I mean "on my head.")

Be still my beating heart, ah do believe ah have the vapors!
Title: Re: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
Post by: CortJstr on December 21, 2005, 09:26:30 pm
Were I not spending the holiday with my parents, I think I would consider prancing around naked but for strategically-placed Starbucks cups. (And by "strategically-placed," I mean "on my head.")

I think that ladies make posts like these just to see which male board member is the first to request pictures. See also: side_show's adventures as a bi school girl.
Title: Re: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
Post by: misterqueue on December 21, 2005, 09:34:52 pm
Then what does it mean when I said basically the same thing earlier?

That I'm looking for the first dude or chick to ask for pictures?  No my friend, I am just revelling in all that is naked cup on the head time; and that is truly the spirit of the season!
Title: Re: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
Post by: otter on December 21, 2005, 09:36:05 pm
I think the real message here is that being naked is only fun if it is by choice.  This explains why it is fun to not wear trousers at 5 in the morning and not fun to be forced into packing while naked, but super fun to wear a jockstrap made out of a Starbucks cup on one's head when one has explicitly been ordered to cover oneself with it.
Title: Re: 12-21-2005: No one cares if a bear is naked.
Post by: robot_roll_call on December 21, 2005, 11:53:20 pm
Clothes made out of garbage are a lot less sanitary than going naked.