The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Choop on December 28, 2005, 06:17:47 am

Title: O's first official meme?
Post by: Choop on December 28, 2005, 06:17:47 am
Whomever that was (Cort?) that first put together the I-Got-Problems.com (http://www.i-got-problems.com) based on the strip featuring the same site (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07182005), you've been MeFi'd (http://www.metafilter.com/mefi/47880).

Has Onstad ever spurned a meme before?
Title: Re: O's first official meme?
Post by: pmcd9 on December 28, 2005, 06:56:05 am
I had heard of metafilter before, but didn't know anything about it.  Apparently it's a place where people say things suck.

~Paul
Title: Re: O's first official meme?
Post by: evan on December 28, 2005, 07:35:16 am
I-G-P is my site, what the hell is Metafilter?
Title: Re: O's first official meme?
Post by: V-Adore on December 28, 2005, 07:36:46 am
Personally, I'm more impressed that there is apparently some dude on metafilter who has just gone around saying "Achewood sucks" in every possible semi-germane context for months if not years. Now that's dedication, "Stan," whoever you are.
Title: Re: O's first official meme?
Post by: estevus on December 28, 2005, 01:54:19 pm
I had heard of metafilter before, but didn't know anything about it.  Apparently it's a place where people say things suck.

~Paul

A place where all the dicks on the internet congregate to say things suck...

I'll bet it's Pat's favorite website.
Title: Re: O's first official meme?
Post by: misterqueue on December 28, 2005, 03:28:26 pm
The funny thing here is the self-fulfilling prophecy.  Beef starts the website and is amazed by the inundation of sad sacks in the world.

In homage, the website is started in real life and MeFI picks up on it, bringing an inundation of sad sacks to the site.

That's META meta... or.. since it was on MeFI.. I guess it's Meta META Meta...

fuckin' hell.. I think I just circle jerked myself.
Title: Re: O's first official meme?
Post by: Bozack on December 28, 2005, 07:07:09 pm
fuckin' hell.. I think I just circle jerked myself.

Whoa, don't strain anything, Dr. Derrida.
Title: Re: O's first official meme?
Post by: misterqueue on December 28, 2005, 08:42:48 pm
Whoa, don't strain anything, Dr. Derrida.

...and Bozack wins at life!  A tiny can of Dr. Pepper to you sir.
Title: Re: O's first official meme?
Post by: Bozack on December 31, 2005, 03:54:12 am
...and Bozack wins at life!  A tiny can of Dr. Pepper to you sir.

Sadly, I can't take all the credit... (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/Bozack/doctordeconstruction.jpg)
Title: Re: O's first official meme?
Post by: misterqueue on December 31, 2005, 04:47:51 am
That's okay... I'm sure I owed you a can for something else that made me chuckle anyway.