The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: theinevitable on December 30, 2005, 05:02:12 pm

Title: the squid and the whale
Post by: theinevitable on December 30, 2005, 05:02:12 pm
Anyone seen it?
It was so good. So good.
The depth of the characters.... I know people always say characters are deep, but it really struck me. The psychological twists and turns are really good.
So. Your thoughts?
Title: Re: the squid and the whale
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 17, 2006, 06:14:00 pm
I'm actually <much> more interested in what Slink had to edit out of your post...
Title: Re: the squid and the whale
Post by: miles on January 17, 2006, 06:28:54 pm
If I recall correctly, and I may not, because it was posted on December 31st, and I killed half my brain that night with booze and drugs, but if I do recall correctly, it went something like this originally (text removed by Slink in brackets):

Anyone seen it?
It was so good. So good.
The depth of the characters [is only equalled by the depth of Gina's cavernous pu$$y].  I know people always say characters are deep, but it really struck me. The psychological twists and turns are really good.
So. Your thoughts?

You. Sick. Fuck.  Leave Gina out of this.  Hasn't she suffered enough?
Title: Re: the squid and the whale
Post by: V-Adore on January 17, 2006, 07:00:06 pm
FREE GINA!
(with purchase of Gina of equal or greater value)

Anyway, so, uh, is this film any good? I've been hesitant to see it because I'm not much on the "indie film about bad things happening to awkward sad people" genre.
Title: Re: the squid and the whale
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 17, 2006, 08:16:15 pm
Aside: is this the first obvious modding we've seen Slink do? And also, anyone heard from Slink lately?
Title: Re: the squid and the whale
Post by: miles on January 17, 2006, 08:19:30 pm
I haven't seen it, either, but just learned that Jeff Daniels is in it.  I'll probably see it for that reason alone.
Title: Re: the squid and the whale
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on January 17, 2006, 09:23:16 pm
I saw Goodnight and Good luck on Friday (which also has Jeff Daniels in it) and there was a preview for The Squid and the Whale. It looks good to me and I'll probably end up seeing it some time.

By the way, Goodnight and Good luck was really good.
Title: Re: the squid and the whale
Post by: slink on January 17, 2006, 10:35:18 pm
Ummm....
It's not the only modding I've done, although I haven't really had to do a lto in a long time.
As for this, I have no idea. I don't remember editing it at all. I think, if it fits time wise, it would be the post I accidentally went into editing after the software was updated. But don't hold me to that!

And also, I'm here. I'm fairly quiet, as the forum has gotten busier, and I have less time. But I still read pretty much everything, and certainly everything in the two fora I mod in here. And I have been poking my nose in a bit more again since I quit that evil job! W00t, and such things...
Title: Re: the squid and the whale
Post by: theinevitable on January 18, 2006, 02:23:45 am
are you sure someone edited it who wasn't me?
because I'm pretty sure I edited it myself, to fix a mistake. Or take out a phrase which was lame.

It was quite a fun movie. i recommend it. I am looking for a poster to put up in my room.
Title: Re: the squid and the whale
Post by: Bozack on January 18, 2006, 02:50:25 am
Speaking of Free pu$$y, did I ever tell y'all about pu$$yid?
Title: Re: the squid and the whale
Post by: CortJstr on January 18, 2006, 04:11:42 am
Speaking of Free pu$$y, did I ever tell y'all about pu$$yid?

???
Title: Re: the squid and the whale
Post by: jough on January 18, 2006, 04:39:28 am
Speaking of Free pu$$y, did I ever tell y'all about pu$$yid?

Is that what you get when you squeeze some pu$$y and then add water and sugar?
Title: Re: the squid and the whale
Post by: V-Adore on January 18, 2006, 04:43:45 am
Is that what you get when you squeeze some pu$$y and then add water and sugar?

Hey, when life gives you pu$$ys...
Title: Re: the squid and the whale
Post by: pmcd9 on January 18, 2006, 04:46:37 am
Hey, when life gives you pu$$ys...

Oh man, I guess in that case pu$$yid is the opposite of Lemonaid.

~Paul
Title: Re: the squid and the whale
Post by: rumpy doppelganger on January 18, 2006, 04:58:47 am
you guys, the squid and the whale was a neat movie
Title: Re: the squid and the whale
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 18, 2006, 02:34:00 pm
Speaking of Free pu$$y, did I ever tell y'all about pu$$yid?

Was this one of those benefit concerts in the 80's?
Title: Re: the squid and the whale
Post by: CortJstr on January 18, 2006, 02:34:44 pm
Hey, when life gives you pu$$ys...

Then that is life's way of telling you that YOU ARE AWESOME
Title: Re: the squid and the whale
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 18, 2006, 05:21:20 pm
Unless it's an outbreak of unwanted or unsightly pu$$ys all over your body in which case you need the topical pu$$y-suppressant, new extra-strength pu$$yid.


Do not apply pu$$yid between the Navel and the Knees. pu$$yid is not for use by transgendered people. Do not use pu$$yid during your menstrual cycle. pu$$yid is not legal in New Hampshire or Vermont. pu$$yid should not be applied to any naturally occurring pu$$y. Keep Children, pets, old people and the criminally mischeiveous away from pu$$yid.
Title: Re: the squid and the whale
Post by: Roger on January 18, 2006, 05:32:32 pm
Unless it's an outbreak of unwanted or unsightly pu$$ys all over your body in which case you need the topical pu$$y-suppressant, new extra-strength pu$$yid.

Didn't that happen in some Cronenberg movie?
Title: Re: the squid and the whale
Post by: Lister on January 18, 2006, 05:34:05 pm
Didn't that happen in some Cronenberg movie?

I don't know about that, but there was that Francesca Fiore/Bruno Puntz-Jones movie...
Title: Re: the squid and the whale
Post by: wombat on January 18, 2006, 05:37:50 pm
Is that the one where the general falls in love with Bruno Puntz-Jones and they have an affair?