The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Bozack on January 03, 2006, 06:46:38 pm

Title: HE SKATES THE DREAMS OF CHILDREN WHO HAVE NO ONE TO SPEAK FOR THEM- 1-3-06
Post by: Bozack on January 03, 2006, 06:46:38 pm
CLASSIC.
Ray has got some awesome rhymes, y'all.
Title: Re: HE SKATES THE DREAMS OF CHILDREN WHO HAVE NO ONE TO SPEAK FOR THEM- 1-3-06
Post by: Lane on January 03, 2006, 06:53:30 pm
Does anyone have a working link to the "I Love Boners" roller-skating classic, or do I have to pay for Serializer to see that again?
Title: Re: HE SKATES THE DREAMS OF CHILDREN WHO HAVE NO ONE TO SPEAK FOR THEM- 1-3-06
Post by: misterqueue on January 03, 2006, 06:53:46 pm
OMG LYLE!  Finally!

Though I am disappointed in his choice of chest tattoo it does seem fitting.

I will be happy when the diabetes talk is finished; I will be happy like the clam is... happy.
Title: Re: HE SKATES THE DREAMS OF CHILDREN WHO HAVE NO ONE TO SPEAK FOR THEM- 1-3-06
Post by: Choop on January 03, 2006, 07:11:37 pm
So, how's Beef gonna die this time?
Title: Re: HE SKATES THE DREAMS OF CHILDREN WHO HAVE NO ONE TO SPEAK FOR THEM- 1-3-06
Post by: jough on January 03, 2006, 07:15:59 pm
Oh man.  This one was painful to read, with SO MANY failed attempts at bringing the funny in one strip.

Lyle Sitting in the Sink = Unfunny
Chevy Tattoo = Unfunny
Ray's Rap = Mild Chuckle, awaiting the Actual Funny
"Why Come?" instead of "How Come?" = Unfunny
Lyle's Not Using Soap = Unfunny
"Fruit Boots" for Roller Skates = Unfunny (although one could hope that a character will DIE because of the skates)
Oh-three-plus-three = 2006, and Unfunny
Ray's Explanation of Other Sports = Unfunny
Johnnie Cochran rhymes = Ouch, Baby.  Embarrassingly Unfunny
Alt Text = Don't Go There, Girlfriend

I know they can't all be gems, but this one sounds like someone who is trying to write an Achewood fanfic strip and failing miserably.

If the funny don't fit, you must quit.

At least the baby update is cute.  Thank god for the baby updates.
Title: Re: HE SKATES THE DREAMS OF CHILDREN WHO HAVE NO ONE TO SPEAK FOR THEM- 1-3-06
Post by: evan on January 03, 2006, 07:51:45 pm
Does anyone have a working link to the "I Love Boners" roller-skating classic, or do I have to pay for Serializer to see that again?
(http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/1913/abc123secret5ya.th.gif) (http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=abc123secret5ya.gif)
Title: Re: HE SKATES THE DREAMS OF CHILDREN WHO HAVE NO ONE TO SPEAK FOR THEM- 1-3-06
Post by: wombat on January 03, 2006, 08:36:31 pm
This is the correct thread title.  Thank you.
Title: Re: HE SKATES THE DREAMS OF CHILDREN WHO HAVE NO ONE TO SPEAK FOR THEM- 1-3-06
Post by: Emergent_C on January 03, 2006, 08:50:50 pm
Naked Lyle is eminently repulsive. But...but...being so tiny that you can bathe in a sink = cute.

I'm sorry, it just is.
Title: Re: HE SKATES THE DREAMS OF CHILDREN WHO HAVE NO ONE TO SPEAK FOR THEM- 1-3-06
Post by: Roger on January 03, 2006, 09:18:16 pm
(http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/1913/abc123secret5ya.th.gif) (http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=abc123secret5ya.gif)


Thank you sir, that was the perfect antidote for today's so-so strip.
Even though, and I know it's not your fault, "Click to visit ImageShack for Image Hosting" is the worst alt text ever.
Title: Re: HE SKATES THE DREAMS OF CHILDREN WHO HAVE NO ONE TO SPEAK FOR THEM- 1-3-06
Post by: robot_god on January 03, 2006, 10:24:31 pm
You guys are insane.

I was waiting for the strip to load with hell of anticipation, since there had been none for some days.  Then, the first thing I saw was Lyle bathing in a sink and it made me laugh hard.  I mean c'mon, it's friggin' Lyle, and he's in a sink!

The dialogue was a little lackluster from then on, but after the first panel, I decided this strip could do no wrong.
Title: Re: HE SKATES THE DREAMS OF CHILDREN WHO HAVE NO ONE TO SPEAK FOR THEM- 1-3-06
Post by: yu-huang on January 03, 2006, 11:00:48 pm
Has Onstad been reading, is he an acknowledged lurker or he left for good (bear with the new dude)? Weren't we talking about more Patness and more Lyleness a while ago?
Title: Re: HE SKATES THE DREAMS OF CHILDREN WHO HAVE NO ONE TO SPEAK FOR THEM- 1-3-06
Post by: CortJstr on January 03, 2006, 11:18:49 pm
Chris and/or Teodor had better blog an explanation about the shower.
Title: Re: HE SKATES THE DREAMS OF CHILDREN WHO HAVE NO ONE TO SPEAK FOR THEM- 1-3-06
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 03, 2006, 11:33:33 pm
Has Onstad been reading, is he an acknowledged lurker or he left for good (bear with the new dude)? Weren't we talking about more Patness and more Lyleness a while ago?

Generally, there is constant chatter about more Patness and more Lyle.

As for Onstad's presence here, he may read but he hasn't posted in awhile. My opinion about that is that he understands that it's better for him to create without interacting very much with fawning fans and vitriolic critics. Dumbrella kind of proved that.
Title: Re: HE SKATES THE DREAMS OF CHILDREN WHO HAVE NO ONE TO SPEAK FOR THEM- 1-3-06
Post by: yu-huang on January 03, 2006, 11:48:44 pm
Oh, for sure, I was just wondering wildly.
Title: Re: HE SKATES THE DREAMS OF CHILDREN WHO HAVE NO ONE TO SPEAK FOR THEM- 1-3-06
Post by: V-Adore on January 03, 2006, 11:57:20 pm
Now I'm wondering how a stuffed tiger even gets a tattoo. I guess it's just ink?

I laughed at the concepts and at Ray's good-eating rhymes, but this strip somehow needed more Lyle despite having quite a bit of Lyle. That's just plain eerie.
Title: Re: HE SKATES THE DREAMS OF CHILDREN WHO HAVE NO ONE TO SPEAK FOR THEM- 1-3-06
Post by: jough on January 04, 2006, 12:43:42 am
Can everyone see when members last logged in via the member list, or is that just a field that Admins see?

Anyway, I would assume that Onstad reads this board regularly even if the man does not post much.  I mean, if you were an assuming person, that is.
Title: Re: HE SKATES THE DREAMS OF CHILDREN WHO HAVE NO ONE TO SPEAK FOR THEM- 1-3-06
Post by: Lane on January 04, 2006, 12:48:40 am
According to the memberlist he was "last active" on March 28, 2005, but does that just mean he hasn't logged in since then?  He could still be reading w/o being logged in, yes?  Not that it matters, I'm actually more curious b/c I too am a message board administrator (chicks dig it).
Title: Re: HE SKATES THE DREAMS OF CHILDREN WHO HAVE NO ONE TO SPEAK FOR THEM- 1-3-06
Post by: jough on January 04, 2006, 01:07:59 am
Well, he's been here since the new boards started, at least to update his profile and upload an avatar.

That is all I'm going to say about that.  I guess just logging in and reading a thread isn't enough to mark you as "active" here.
Title: Re: HE SKATES THE DREAMS OF CHILDREN WHO HAVE NO ONE TO SPEAK FOR THEM- 1-3-06
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 04, 2006, 03:26:16 pm
If you want to make Onstad appear, just complain about an order from the Achewood shop.

(N.B.:  That he readily comes forth to handle these is not at all a bad thing.)
Title: Re: HE SKATES THE DREAMS OF CHILDREN WHO HAVE NO ONE TO SPEAK FOR THEM- 1-3-06
Post by: pmcd9 on January 05, 2006, 01:48:16 am
If you want to make Onstad appear, just complain about an order from the Achewood shop.

(N.B.:  That he readily comes forth to handle these is not at all a bad thing.)

I'm not sure handle is the correct term.  Mostly he just tells people to stop complaining.

~Paul
Title: Re: HE SKATES THE DREAMS OF CHILDREN WHO HAVE NO ONE TO SPEAK FOR THEM- 1-3-06
Post by: V-Adore on January 05, 2006, 01:54:31 am
I'm not sure handle is the correct term.  Mostly he just tells people to stop complaining.

Eh, as far as I've been able to see, he actually does respond reasonably to merch complaints. This occasionally created amusing juxtaposition -- such as, for example, the time he was extremely apologetic and businesslike about my defective Sanryobuki shirt shortly after accusing me of wanting Mega Hugzz on him in another thread. Comedy!
Title: Re: HE SKATES THE DREAMS OF CHILDREN WHO HAVE NO ONE TO SPEAK FOR THEM- 1-3-06
Post by: CortJstr on January 05, 2006, 02:03:06 am
Eh, as far as I've been able to see, he actually does respond reasonably to merch complaints. This occasionally created amusing juxtaposition -- such as, for example, the time he was extremely apologetic and businesslike about my defective Sanryobuki shirt shortly after accusing me of wanting Mega Hugzz on him in another thread. Comedy!

Yes, but did you ever actually deny wanting Mega Hugzz?
Title: Re: HE SKATES THE DREAMS OF CHILDREN WHO HAVE NO ONE TO SPEAK FOR THEM- 1-3-06
Post by: Bozack on January 05, 2006, 02:12:53 am
Yes, but did you ever actually deny wanting Mega Hugzz?

Don't we all just want Mega Hugzz?
Title: Re: HE SKATES THE DREAMS OF CHILDREN WHO HAVE NO ONE TO SPEAK FOR THEM- 1-3-06
Post by: V-Adore on January 05, 2006, 02:21:35 am
Yes, but did you ever actually deny wanting Mega Hugzz?

... Yes?

Because I didn't? (And still don't?)
Title: Re: HE SKATES THE DREAMS OF CHILDREN WHO HAVE NO ONE TO SPEAK FOR THEM- 1-3-06
Post by: pmcd9 on January 05, 2006, 02:26:30 am
... Yes?

Because I didn't? (And still don't?)

Yoy protest too much.

~Paul