The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jough on January 04, 2006, 05:22:28 am
-
I had this same dream (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01042006) last week.
This one isn't funny, but it's interesting at least. And from the first panel it seems that there may be a series of these, which could be interesting with a few of the characters.
I did find Teodor's removing of his outer mouth to be somewhat disturbing. So bravo on that front.
-
Yeah, this one is more disturbing/character developing than purely funny.
I like it.
It's odd. I think I'm coming around to Asherdan's way of thinking. Earlier tonight I happened upon a strip from early January 2005. I started reading the archive from that point. It was amazing what a little perspective will do for you. Strips that were meh at the time have improved significantly. Also, I had utterly and completely forgotten a disturbing number of strips. And arcs.
Maybe my perception is skewed by this experience. But I liked today's Achewood better than any I can remember in the immediate past.
A year from now I'll probably hate it.
-
I think disturbing things are inherently funny, and I would bet Onstad holds this belief, so it's not as if he is sacrificing comedy for character development. To tell you the truth, I don't really think it provides any character development, it's just really pulling some jokes out of Teodors thoughts.
But that dream Teddy is in hell of good shape.
-
This is hella interesting. The "disconnected concepts" style that didn't quite work yesterday works well today -- I suppose that's the beauty of the dream sequences. The only thing better than Teodor removing his muzzle is Ray's reaction to it, as if he'd done something rude but totally not inexplicable, which is exactly right by dream logic. I hope there's more of this coming.
Did this remind anyone else of the Jesse Reklaw guest strip (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12292003)?
-
i do not understand why teodor first expresses dismay at being labelled gay, but then removes his snout to reveal lipstick'd lips?
could it be a fit of surreal passive aggressiveness? "you assume i'm gay so here is a grotesque display of homosexuality"?
the prospect of his snout being some kind of cross-dressing concealing prostetic is disturbing enough. if it is dream logic, will he wake up later and it will all have been a dream?
-
Interesting that he assumes a different name in this dream. Has that ever happened to anyone for real?
-
i do not understand why teodor first expresses dismay at being labelled gay, but then removes his snout to reveal lipstick'd lips?
Seems like he tries to adapt to appeal to other people. More conforming than rebelling.
Interesting that he assumes a different name in this dream. Has that ever happened to anyone for real?
He's mentioned having different names while describing dreams in his blog a few weeks ago. I don't recall it happening personally, but I guess I can't really recall ever being adressed in a dream.
-
My God, that tiny mouth is hella creepy...
-
And from the first panel it seems that there may be a series of these, which could be interesting with a few of the characters.
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04272005
-
Okay.. now we're getting somewhere. Is that the same name he saw in the dreams on his blog? I can't remember and I can't be arsed to look it up at the mo'.
Fit n' trim Teodor does look a little more disturbing than I'd thought he would; with our without tiny creepy mouth. *shrug*
-
I liked this one a lot more than yesterdays. This one is like the Michael Bay remake of Eraserhead.
-
Teodor looks disturbingly like a Martian Popping Thing with his regular mouth gone.
-
I wonder what kind of creature the client is supposed to be.
Actually, now that I look at it, it sort of looks like the Achewood version of Alfred Hitchcock's caricature from the old TV show.
-
For a while I wondered what was the purpose of an actual sofa-sized ice cube tray with a puppy in each compartment... until I realized that T had just designed a print ad. For what kind of product, I can't possibly imagine.
But hey, it was just a dream. Probably one of those in which you think you had a brilliant idea, just to wake up and realize that it doesn't make any sense.
-
But hey, it was just a dream. Probably one of those in which you think you had a brilliant idea, just to wake up and realize that it doesn't make any sense.
While trying to decide what topic to write a Communication paper on in college, I dreamed that I wrote it about the challenges of communicating while drunk. Surprisingly, I still thought this was a good idea after I woke up, and astoundingly, I got an A on it in a class in which the professor handed out only 1 or 2 A's a semester.
So maybe a print ad featuring puppies in an ice-cube tray would really sell the hell out of...something.
-
the stencil 'teodor' implies a 'thunk' sound like a hammer hitting an anvil.
-
I did find Teodor's removing of his outer mouth to be somewhat disturbing. So bravo on that front.
I still find this (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10142005) more disturbing, and that wasn't even a dream.
Teodor's still a stuffed bear, right? I guess that makes him more... detachable?
-
For a while I wondered what was the purpose of an actual sofa-sized ice cube tray with a puppy in each compartment... until I realized that T had just designed a print ad.
OH!
*dopeslap*
-
Wade Hanson is quite a snappy dresser.
-
I like how the client is only shown in profile, regardless of the perspective of the camera.
And Teodor's snout removal with the little kissy lips made me laugh almost to the point of tears.
-
does the fit and trim Teodor remind anyone else of Circus c*ck? could he be creating an entire persona in his dreams based on who he wishes he could be? am i reading too far into this?
-
does the fit and trim Teodor remind anyone else of Circus c*ck? could he be creating an entire persona in his dreams based on who he wishes he could be? am i reading too far into this?
Probably.
-
Bonaparte, I thought so too. Also maybe he longs to be more like a human, physically. Wasn't there a human woman name Penny whom Téodor was quite fond of, or I misremember?
-
I'm laughing. I'm laughing at it and I don't have the slightest idea why.
That smile is the most pathetic thing, though. Way pathetic.
-
I wish I had dreams like that...
Sadly, in my dreams I never see myself (it's always shown from my point of view) and no one at all addresses me :\
-
Turns out, Wade Hanson is the guy to turn to if you want to live in Minnesota.
http://wadehanson.com/
-
And a snappy-looking motherfucker he is. He's what you'd get if you left Buster Poindexter in the washer too long.
-
It takes a hell of a salesman to make you want to live on or near something called "Leech Lake."
And Wade Hanson is just that salesman.
Plus, he'll take his face off to make himself more attractive to you. He's a true Renaissance Man.