The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: misterqueue on January 10, 2006, 06:09:03 pm

Title: Meta-Wankery
Post by: misterqueue on January 10, 2006, 06:09:03 pm
So I got bored and started hunting about the board, prodding it if you will, when I discovered an absolute horror.

What exactly does it mean when you've had more uptime than the administrator himself?! (http://touamb.com/index.php?action=stats)

Good gravy on a goose-egg.. I need to get out more; or leave my browser open less.
Title: Re: Meta-Wankery
Post by: jough on January 10, 2006, 06:15:14 pm
How do you think I feel, with CortJstr always nipping at my post count heels?

Sometimes I have to reply to meta-wankery just to keep up.

Anyway, being at the top of any of these stats is nothing of which to be proud, since it means you are wasting your life.
Title: Re: Meta-Wankery
Post by: misterqueue on January 10, 2006, 06:16:56 pm
Oh I'm not proud, just horrified mostly.  To be fair a lot of that time the browser window is in the background.

As to wasting lives I wasn't doing all that much with it anyway, just you know, basic things.
Title: Re: Meta-Wankery
Post by: CortJstr on January 10, 2006, 06:33:50 pm
How do you think I feel, with CortJstr always nipping at my post count heels?

Sometimes I have to reply to meta-wankery just to keep up.

Anyway, being at the top of any of these stats is nothing of which to be proud, since it means you are wasting your life.

Now I have to reply to this just to post-whore. Or maybe I need more to do at work.
Title: Re: Meta-Wankery
Post by: jough on January 10, 2006, 07:03:43 pm
Cort, we should disarm right now, otherwise I'll just have to keep replying to every one of your damn posts just to maintain equilibrium.
Title: Re: Meta-Wankery
Post by: wombat on January 10, 2006, 07:48:14 pm
Holy &$#!, I am fifth in time spent.

How does it count?  It can't possibly mean time that the browser window is open.  I almost never close the browser window.
Title: Re: Meta-Wankery
Post by: V-Adore on January 10, 2006, 09:12:42 pm
I have no idea how they measure time spent, but I know I've gotten a little paranoid about it: all closing the window right after I'm done, all making my posts shorter...

I think I'm wasting my life.
Title: Re: Meta-Wankery
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 10, 2006, 09:15:49 pm
I think that if we are looking for opportunities foe self-improvement, there are probably better approaches than obsessing about time spent on this message board. But I suppose it could be a nice incremental step and that's what behavior change is all about.

I'm a little confused about what Meta-Wankery would be, though. Literally, wouldn't that work out to something like masturbating while fantasizing about masturbating?
Title: Re: Meta-Wankery
Post by: misterqueue on January 10, 2006, 09:38:18 pm
Meta meaning a board post about the board.

Wankery meaning something self indulgent.

I'm into education now.
Title: Re: Meta-Wankery
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 10, 2006, 09:59:27 pm
I think subconsciously you meant the other thing.
Title: Re: Meta-Wankery
Post by: miles on January 10, 2006, 11:21:48 pm
I think subconsciously you meant the other thing.

Clearly, yes.  That's all he does.
Title: Re: Meta-Wankery
Post by: misterqueue on January 10, 2006, 11:27:33 pm
Yes you're clearly both right.  I masturbate to movies of me masturbating; that's secretly something I wanted to tell the WHOLE INTERNET.

Also I masturbate while crying using the tears as lube. 

And I masturbate using tiny socks with ruffles on them.

And I masturbate to make Baby jesus cry; I taunt him the whole time.. all stroking and shouting "Whaddaya gonna do baby jesus?  cry?  CRY LIKE A BABY?!"

Seriously, you guys don't want to go down this road with me.
Title: Re: Meta-Wankery
Post by: CortJstr on January 10, 2006, 11:43:03 pm
Yes you're clearly both right.  I masturbate to movies of me masturbating; that's secretly something I wanted to tell the WHOLE INTERNET.

Also I masturbate while crying using the tears as lube. 

And I masturbate using tiny socks with ruffles on them.

And I masturbate to make Baby jesus cry; I taunt him the whole time.. all stroking and shouting "Whaddaya gonna do baby jesus?  cry?  CRY LIKE A BABY?!"

Seriously, you guys don't want to go down this road with me.

But can you self-blumpkin? Because if not I don't there that there's really anything to discuss
Title: Re: Meta-Wankery
Post by: misterqueue on January 10, 2006, 11:46:10 pm
Look, I can Cleveland Steamer your mom till the cows come home (and they will come home.. they will!), and in the book of Q that is truly the limit.

By the way how IS your mother? (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10092001)
Title: Re: Meta-Wankery
Post by: pmcd9 on January 11, 2006, 03:25:09 am
Yeah leaving the browser open while I am doing something else, that's the ticket.

I am number three topic starter, that's pretty cool.  I'm nipping right on your heels AW.  I was once in a band called Instigator.

~Paul