The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Choop on September 03, 2003, 01:53:38 am

Title: OH MY GOD THE FUNNY
Post by: Choop on September 03, 2003, 01:53:38 am
IS SO FREAKING LATE

Okay, I know it's "only" seven p.m. out there on the left coast, but man, the internet's global, man! It's damned near ten over here and I'm kind of itching...

</rstevens>

Methinks this may spell the end of that all-too recent declaration of a new schedule. Who put down money on it? I wonder why there's nothing in the "news" section explains anything about the harbor-pacing.

I think I might be the first non-webcomic to bitch about lateness since the death of the old board. Woohoo for history! Call me a "revivalist"- no, wait, don't.
Title: Re: 02 Sept 2003 - OH MY GOD THE FUNNY
Post by: slink on September 03, 2003, 02:02:21 am
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
IS SO FREAKING LATE

Okay, I know it's "only" seven p.m. out there on the left coast, but man, the internet's global, man! It's damned near ten over here and I'm kind of itching...


3am and counting for me...
Might be another of those ones I have to wait an extra day for!
Title: 02 Sept 2003 - OH MY GOD THE FUNNY
Post by: doomglobe on September 03, 2003, 02:12:56 am
can I whine with you guys? is that okay?
can I be a part of it new york new york? I want to do this every day.
Title: 02 Sept 2003 - OH MY GOD THE FUNNY
Post by: slink on September 03, 2003, 02:16:10 am
Quote from: "doomglobe"
can I whine with you guys? is that okay?
can I be a part of it new york new york? I want to do this every day.


Hey as long as he posts it I don't mind waiting an extra day, means I have two to read when it arrives!
Title: 02 Sept 2003 - OH MY GOD THE FUNNY
Post by: misterhaan on September 03, 2003, 02:54:51 am
that's pretty much how i see it.  i check achewood once a day, and if the comic's not there yet when i check, i'll see it tomorrow as i always click the previous comic link to make sure i didn't miss one
Title: 02 Sept 2003 - OH MY GOD THE FUNNY
Post by: Choop on September 03, 2003, 03:00:55 am
I check over and over every day until the new strip is posted. I can't help myself.

Sometimes I peruse the archives even when there's been a new strip today.

I'm so sad I know
Title: 02 Sept 2003 - OH MY GOD THE FUNNY
Post by: doomglobe on September 03, 2003, 03:55:10 am
choop I like your ones and zeros. just read other comics, or write your own, or drink whiskey.
Title: 02 Sept 2003 - OH MY GOD THE FUNNY
Post by: jough on September 03, 2003, 04:53:29 am
People, it is still technically the PM out in 'stad country.

Be patient.  I'm sure he's very busy drinking right now.  He'll get to it when he gets to it.
Title: 02 Sept 2003 - OH MY GOD THE FUNNY
Post by: MrH on September 03, 2003, 05:06:29 am
I think webcomics are best enjoyed in that phase where you've just found out about them and are spending the entire day reading through the archives, drinking whiskey, and being surprised and amazed by this wonderful thing you've just discovered.  Then, much like marriage, it becomes routine, tedious, hopeful, disappointing and you can't sleep because the tears are stinging your eyes and you just want to call the whole thing off but then it's usually too late so you just resign yourself to growing old and bitter and yelling at your grandchildren for not liking the same things you do, which is basically anything tedious and irritating like your marriage which you by then have developed a strange masochistic affinity for.

So, nipping that in the ass I find a good thing is to 'put away' a webcomic for a week or two or maybe just read them on weekends.  It's easier on the nerves, and you won't yell at each other as much.

I prefer comics on time but onstad is a fickle mistress
Title: 02 Sept 2003 - OH MY GOD THE FUNNY
Post by: side_show on September 03, 2003, 05:14:05 am
Quote from: "MrH"
I think webcomics are best enjoyed in that phase where you've just found out about them and are spending the entire day reading through the archives, drinking whiskey, and being surprised and amazed by this wonderful thing you've just discovered.  Then, much like marriage, it becomes routine, tedious, hopeful, disappointing and you can't sleep because the tears are stinging your eyes and you just want to call the whole thing off but then it's usually too late so you just resign yourself to growing old and bitter and yelling at your grandchildren for not liking the same things you do, which is basically anything tedious and irritating like your marriage which you by then have developed a strange masochistic affinity for.

So, nipping that in the ass I find a good thing is to 'put away' a webcomic for a week or two or maybe just read them on weekends.  It's easier on the nerves, and you won't yell at each other as much.

I prefer comics on time but onstad is a fickle mistress


I agree with you MrH, but remember that there are good marriages too, the ones where you grow old together and laugh about the good times like cats peeing in water dishes and forcing your friends to watch you having sex.
Title: 02 Sept 2003 - OH MY GOD THE FUNNY
Post by: Nabubrush on September 06, 2003, 04:10:21 am
I like to read the comic like I read this messageboard - here and there, now and then.