The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: AugustWest on January 12, 2006, 04:13:36 pm

Title: I didn't want to have to do this...
Post by: AugustWest on January 12, 2006, 04:13:36 pm
But it looks like I have to spell things out for some people.

Do Not start a thread on a strip unless you have something to say about it.  We all know how to find the current strip.  It's at Achewood.com.  Either have something to say or STFU.  Have some dignity.

Put the date of the strip in the subject line.  The full date.  January 12, 2006.  Not a partial date.  Not "Thursday" or "1/12".  We have a Thursday every week and a 1/12 every year.

I really don't want to have to be all snarky about this stuff.
Title: Re: I didn't want to have to do this...
Post by: V-Adore on January 12, 2006, 05:00:10 pm
But it looks like I have to spell things out for some people.

Do Not start a thread on a strip unless you have something to say about it.  We all know how to find the current strip.  It's at Achewood.com.  Either have something to say or STFU.  Have some dignity.

Put the date of the strip in the subject line.  The full date.  January 12, 2006.  Not a partial date.  Not "Thursday" or "1/12".  We have a Thursday every week and a 1/12 every year.

I really don't want to have to be all snarky about this stuff.

Seconded. Also, please please please actually type "January" or "Jan" or something, not just a number -- as has been mentioned repeatedly in the past, we do have international visitors, so disambiguate the month and day, thanks.
Title: Re: I didn't want to have to do this...
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 12, 2006, 05:45:07 pm
NO DISCUSSION NECESSARY! Don't be such as an ass and follow the instructions.
Title: Re: I didn't want to have to do this...
Post by: Undertoad on January 12, 2006, 10:58:57 pm
I'm appropriately sorry for not following this previously unstated forum policy.

The demand to eat my ass, however, remains.
Title: Re: I didn't want to have to do this...
Post by: pmcd9 on January 13, 2006, 12:04:09 am
I agree with everything except the spelling  out of the month in the date just so peoples in third world countries like England and Canada can understand us.

~Paul
Title: Re: I didn't want to have to do this...
Post by: V-Adore on January 13, 2006, 03:47:18 am
I'm appropriately sorry for not following this previously unstated forum policy.

The demand to eat my ass, however, remains.

You can't always get what you want.

But if you try sometimes, you just might find you get a negative can of Dr Pepper.
Title: Re: I didn't want to have to do this...
Post by: jough on January 13, 2006, 07:48:40 am
I'm getting a little sick of five new topics started by morons who can't figure out how message boards work.

From now on new threads about strips will be in the following format:

Strip title [poster's choice] - Day Month Year

So something like "Three-Ballin' - 13 January 2006" is now the only acceptable format.

That is all.