The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: FancieBabie on September 03, 2003, 06:06:55 am

Title: My web comic
Post by: FancieBabie on September 03, 2003, 06:06:55 am
www.wudoin.com

(http://eqbling.hypermart.net/comics/wudoin/img/44.jpg)




(http://eqbling.hypermart.net/comics/wudoin/img/43.jpg)

thx
Title: My web comic
Post by: andalucia on September 03, 2003, 12:01:48 pm
Oh my.
Title: My web comic
Post by: jough on September 03, 2003, 05:10:33 pm
That really says it all.
Title: My web comic
Post by: V-Adore on September 03, 2003, 05:13:43 pm
This is perhaps the least funny possible use of the concept of patenting an asshole.
Title: My web comic
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 03, 2003, 06:24:26 pm
Although I must say the concept itself is....ummm.....relatively unexplored.
Title: look
Post by: satchel on September 03, 2003, 06:43:45 pm
Reminds me of Look What I Brought Home (http://www.lookwhatibroughthome.com/).
Title: My web comic
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 03, 2003, 07:21:05 pm
This one was kind of funny though:

(http://eqbling.hypermart.net/comics/theexperiment/03.jpg)
Title: comic
Post by: satchel on September 04, 2003, 03:39:37 pm
I thought most of the strips at the site were hilarious. The ones posted here in this thread aren’t very good though.
Title: myne
Post by: satchel on September 07, 2003, 01:44:35 am
This was my favorite.

(http://eqbling.hypermart.net/comics/wudoin/img/16.jpg)
Title: latest
Post by: FancieBabie on September 17, 2003, 04:48:27 pm
(http://people.unt.edu/cff0001/comics/wudoin/img/45.jpg)
Title: My web comic
Post by: V-Adore on September 17, 2003, 06:06:47 pm
And, once again, we see poor taste and lameness wrested from the jaws of the potential for real humor. "Nicely" done.
Title: My web comic
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 17, 2003, 06:40:28 pm
I agree with V-Adore that the potential was lost in the fourth frame, which a lot of people would find twisted at best.

In the interest of understanding the artist (who was drawn a lot more comics than I ever will) I'd be interested in hearing where this comic came from and what the last frame means...
Title: My web comic
Post by: jough on September 17, 2003, 07:13:55 pm
I don't really object to comics being twisted, but these are poorly drawn and unfunny - a deadly combination.
Title: My web comic
Post by: V-Adore on September 18, 2003, 12:15:57 am
Quote from: "jough"
I don't really object to comics being twisted, but these are poorly drawn and unfunny - a deadly combination.

Well... yeah, exactly. My panel-by-panel rundown:

PANEL 1 -- So... okay, SARS humor, but this is a fairly goofy premise. I can roll with it. The ameteurness of the art actually adds some humor here. Lots of potential.

PANEL 2 -- Uh, it's funny 'cause it's vaguely topical? Not trying real hard.

PANEL 3 -- Okay, you played the Dead Baby Card. You officially lose any humor from this semi-joke. GAME OVER, PLAY AGAIN.
Title: My web comic
Post by: Choop on September 18, 2003, 03:00:14 am
Plus, FancieBabie's 2 (!!!) posts are both in this thread, which plugs h(is|er) comic.

Jough, why oh why did this account not escape your recent purging?
Title: My web comic
Post by: jough on September 18, 2003, 03:06:30 am
I am not banning people just because they're obnoxious (case in point, Ferocious J still has an account).

If Fancieass doesn't post something relevant to Achewood or contribute to the general discussion by the end of the month I'll simply delete its account and block its IP.  No harm, no foul.
Title: My web comic
Post by: Choop on September 18, 2003, 03:09:09 am
See, that's what I'm saying. FanciePanties hasn't posted a thing relevant to achewood since it signed up.

FJ, however, obnoxious or not (I am not in your camp on that one, jough, and I'm sure the respect is mutual), does post relevantly, and is one of the last members I would consider for banning.