The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: jough on September 03, 2003, 07:30:25 am

Title: Board Updates (software geekery inside)
Post by: jough on September 03, 2003, 07:30:25 am
Hey Kids,

I just patched this board, bringing it up to 2.0.6 from 2.0.5 and also including a few other security patches and some other mods and fixes.

Anyway, please let me know if something isn't working, especially if it's something that always *used* to work.

And while I'm feeling constructive, feel free to make any feature requests too.  I'm fixin' to bulk this baby up.
Title: Board Updates (software geekery inside)
Post by: jough on September 03, 2003, 05:08:47 pm
D'oh!

Yes, that's exactly the kind of thing.

Okay, hang on...
Title: Board Updates (software geekery inside)
Post by: jough on September 03, 2003, 06:30:30 pm
Okay, everything should work now.

I defy you to find problems.  DEFY!
Title: Board Updates (software geekery inside)
Post by: misterhaan on September 03, 2003, 10:20:15 pm
it almost sounds like you coded phpbb yourself!  but hey it's cool to be able to fix it . . .
Title: Board Updates (software geekery inside)
Post by: jough on September 03, 2003, 11:44:18 pm
I coded some of it.  I'm not part of the official team, but I did fix two bugs in the latest release.

And I'm working on a mod to merge threads.

So I'm not above modifying the board to work however I want.  

Let the suggestions roll...
Title: Board Updates (software geekery inside)
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 04, 2003, 12:48:27 am
Can you include a module that tells us when we need to buy eggs and milk?
Title: Board Updates (software geekery inside)
Post by: pmcd9 on September 04, 2003, 02:59:25 am
How about a button at the top of the page that takes you to the latest post in that thread.

~Paul
Title: Board Updates (software geekery inside)
Post by: jay-ell on September 04, 2003, 03:25:39 am
You can do that already by clicking on the icon to the right of the poster's name in the thread list.
Title: Board Updates (software geekery inside)
Post by: pmcd9 on September 04, 2003, 03:35:46 am
Ah ha.  Thank you JL.  I never noticed that.

~Paul
Title: Board Updates (software geekery inside)
Post by: jay-ell on September 04, 2003, 03:38:20 am
After posting on various PHPBB boards for months, I only figured this out about three days ago.  So I'm not all that smart.  I'm just a wise ass.
Title: Board Updates (software geekery inside)
Post by: AugustWest on September 04, 2003, 04:02:24 am
What about the little icon to the left of the Thread title that allows you to jump to the newest post that you haven't read?  That has been far more useful to me.
Title: Board Updates (software geekery inside)
Post by: jay-ell on September 04, 2003, 04:03:11 am
Oooh, I didn't know about that one!  Neat-o!
Title: Board Updates (software geekery inside)
Post by: slink on September 04, 2003, 08:50:12 am
Damn, thanks for updating me on the new version of phpbb. Guess I'll have to go patch the work board, although I wasn't having any of the problems I was having on my home server on the hosting, thank god!
Now it's just he relative linking to JScript source files that's playing hell with me. I mean come on, having to have all the HTML files in the root directory!? No no no!
Title: Board Updates (software geekery inside)
Post by: wombat on September 04, 2003, 12:55:14 pm
Can I just say that the view new posts since last visit thing is AWESOME.
Title: Board Updates (software geekery inside)
Post by: CortJstr on September 15, 2003, 08:59:25 pm
I'd like a Mark Unread if possible.

I hate it when I'm at work reading on my break and somebody interrupts me and I have to go do work and come back and it looks like everything is read, except I know I was in the middle of something but can't remember what.