The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => 2005 Touambies => Topic started by: AlohaDawg on January 16, 2006, 07:51:30 pm
-
There were many insteresting Avatars in 2005. Some were cute while others - well, not so much. This award is meant for the board member who most inspired us to revulsion through the simple posting of an image meant to identify them.
Some members, like Bobby, have a body of work to consider while others stick to the tried and true.
-
Thank you very kindly Paul.
Incidentally, we're all expecting you to post lots of pictures of this gala event.
And now to the matter at hand...
Ah avatars. They provide a quirky visual clue to a poster's personality. From the one's that have never changed to the constantly updated, it's hard to imagine the TOUAMB without 'em.
Perhaps the best avatars are those that evoke a visceral reaction. The one's that make you look twice or set your teeth on edge. That's what we're recognizing with this category, Most Disturbing Avatar.
Our first nominee is Bobby Isoceles for the Snuggle Bear/40 Loads avatar. Combining commercial smarminess with an oblique sexual reference, this was truly a disturbing entry.
Next is Bobby again, with the George Takei/Cockrub Warriors Avatar. Long a icon to gay fanboys everywhere, Takei came out of the closet this year. This was, presumably, Bobby's tribute to Takei's courage.
Mudokon is our next nominee for "The Horrible Thing". I'm not sure what it is, but with it's misshapen head and it's mouth stitched up, dang is it horrible.
The next nomineee is Roger for the eyeball/skull deal. Reminds one of The Residents. Or least that's what it reminds me of.
Our final nominee is our own patron saint and inspiration, Chris Onstad for his Got Meconium? Meconium is Swell. Never has newborn baby shit been so avatarically disturbing.
And the TOUAMBIE goes to...
crinkle,crumble,slash
Wow, this is unprecedented!
It's a tie. Bobby Isosceles' "40 Loads" has tied with Bobby Isosceles' "Takei/Cockrub Warriors". Truly Bobby is a master of disturbing iconography.
Congratulations Bobby!
-
My avatars may be disturbing but there is real human suffering out there. That's really disturbing. Do something about it. (http://www.oxfamamerica.org/whatyoucando/donate/donate_online) I'll be funny again tomorrow.
-
I'll be funny again tomorrow.
If the past is any indicator, this is just like the Tomorrow Chicken! promise.
-
If the past is any indicator, this is just like the Tomorrow Chicken! promise.
Funny you should debut that avatar in this thread. I smell a contender for next year.
~Paul
-
Funny you should debut that avatar in this thread. I smell a contender for next year.
~Paul
That avatar has been running for a while.
My avatars may be disturbing but there is real human suffering out there. That's really disturbing. Do something about it. (http://www.oxfamamerica.org/whatyoucando/donate/donate_online) I'll be funny again tomorrow.
Sean Penn, ladies and gentlemen!
-
Hiya folks, just droppin' by to congratulate both Bobbies for their award. When I got to this board he was already on the Snuggle Bear phase, so I'm not familiar with the George Takei/Cockrub Warrior thing. And I'm not not sure I want to be, either. But I believe it to be hell of disturbing.
And also would like to thank you all for the nomination, and all the other two people who voted for my Googly-Eyed Cyclops Skull. You are his friends now, so you get to call him Bernie.
And I promise to use this encouragement to stay on the path of disturbance during 2006. Thanks again.
-
If the past is any indicator, this is just like the Tomorrow Chicken! promise.
This avatar is not so much disturbing as it is headache inducing.
-
This avatar is not so much disturbing as it is headache inducing.
Yeah, sorry. It's funny for ten seconds and then it gets ludicrous, particularly when it's ALWAYS ON IN THE UPPER LEFT OF MY SCREEN. Screw that. Adios, Infinite Crotch.