The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => 2005 Touambies => Topic started by: AlohaDawg on January 17, 2006, 02:29:53 am

Title: Award Presentation Thread: I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 17, 2006, 02:29:53 am
Nearly Every nominator picked something different, so....

This will be a fun game, too:

The nominators were:

and

Three nominated Cartilage Head.

Try matching the nominations in this category to the nominators. Winner gets some Hawaiian Swag courtesy of me.


POST GUESSES IN THIS THREAD.

ONLY YOUR FIRST GUESS POST WILL COUNT.

I WILL DELETE SUBSEQUENT GUESS POSTS.
Title: Re: Award Presentation Thread: I reject your reality and substitute it with my o
Post by: pmcd9 on February 13, 2006, 01:29:45 am
To present the award in the category I reject your reality and substitute it with my own we have V-Adore, just off the plane, whisked to the hall in a limosine escorted by police on motorcycles.  Take it away V...

~Paul
Title: Re: Award Presentation Thread: I reject your reality and substitute it with my o
Post by: V-Adore on February 13, 2006, 01:36:01 am
Hello, everyone! Thank you, Paul, for the lovely introduction; I just got back from Ithaca, interviewing for graduate school, and boy, are my lips tired! ... no, seriously, I lost my Chap Stick and there was a lot of wind. Anyway! Today I'm honored to present the award for the topic we've so cleverly called "Achewood vs. Reality": namely, which event from an Achewood strip would y'all most like to see happen in real life?

I'd like to go through all the nominees in detail, but really, everything possible for this thread got nominated, from the general cosmology to the Philippe Friday Facts. To be more specific, our nominees were:

Performance by the Tenmen    
Performance by Cartilage Head    
Pat getting arrested for causing a disturbance
The Party    
A Party centering on the blueness of the toilet water    
To visit Hell or Heaven and return to tell the tale    
King Chocaho's Medallion with Hell of Properties    
Angels like Molly and Blister among us    
Time Travel to meet Mark Twain    
The Underground    
Hot bloody fat on the Mayor    
Holding your own heart in your hands and using the photo for your Xmas cards

Boy, we sure are wishful thinkers about parties, huh? Still, lots of great times, lots of talking animals. Here in my hands, though, I have The Envelope[tm] announcing our winner. And the winner is...

(envelope-opening noise)

"To visit Hell or Heaven and return to tell the tale!" Wow, who knew? And here I expected the Tenmen to take it... gosh. Hey, if you all want to mad groove on some Hell Friendly's, be my guest!