The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Asherdan on January 24, 2006, 03:15:55 pm

Title: Jan 24-2006 SFist Interview - Great name.
Post by: Asherdan on January 24, 2006, 03:15:55 pm
New Interview Here. (http://www.sfist.com/archives/2006/01/23/achewoods_creator_chris_onstad.php)

(http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--k5m636Zb--/m5dvkzj95cd6xl0k4nnx.gif)
Title: Re: Jan 24-2006 SFist Interview - Great name.
Post by: jough on January 24, 2006, 05:54:05 pm
My first thought when seeing this page was "Wow, it's warmer here in Philly than it is in San Francisco now!"

My second thought was "Wow, I wonder how many fucknits are going to hang out at these restaurants that Onstad mentioned trying to get a peek at him and his family!"

My third thought was "Wow, Onstad is a dick to people in his hometown too!"
Title: Re: Jan 24-2006 SFist Interview - Great name.
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 24, 2006, 05:56:35 pm
I'm sure Kai is attaching a long lens to his camera and scouting out parking places as we speak.
Title: Re: Jan 24-2006 SFist Interview - Great name.
Post by: Thee on January 24, 2006, 07:04:19 pm
My thought was that I already knew how lame Kraftwerk fans were.

And that Blink sounds like a cool book.
Title: Re: Jan 24-2006 SFist Interview - Great name.
Post by: V-Adore on January 24, 2006, 07:36:35 pm
Wow, there's like nothing comprehensible in this interview at all. It's unique for Achewood interviews in that it also gives you no impression of the comic, besides "internet... thing... done by a disillusioned SFer."

Also, is anyone else unable to parse "SFist" as anything other than "S-Fist," or is it just me?
Title: Re: Jan 24-2006 SFist Interview - Great name.
Post by: Null on January 24, 2006, 08:58:30 pm
Also, is anyone else unable to parse "SFist" as anything other than "S-Fist," or is it just me?

That was the first thing I thought, that it was "S-Fist" and I wondered if it was something I wanted to read about.  I decided just reading would be okay, but I wasn't going to click on anything.
Title: Re: Jan 24-2006 SFist Interview - Great name.
Post by: wombat on January 24, 2006, 09:15:07 pm
They are part of a bunch of websites that started out with Gothamist, which makes some sense, but it doesn't really work with much else. I thought LAist was the worst, till now. They have a DCist too - at least that one doesn't sound like something you're afraid to click on. 

Edit - forgot to say - I love the answer to the $15 question being "get $40 more out of the ATM."  The man knows no boundaries.
Title: Re: Jan 24-2006 SFist Interview - Great name.
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 24, 2006, 09:20:09 pm
Is there an-Akron-ist?

Or does it only work with nicknames or initials for cities?
Title: Re: Jan 24-2006 SFist Interview - Great name.
Post by: Roger on January 24, 2006, 09:20:38 pm
Also, is anyone else unable to parse "SFist" as anything other than "S-Fist," or is it just me?

That's the only possible way to read it, and if they think otherwise they've got a serious problem.

This whole fisting business is not for me, thank you.
Title: Re: Jan 24-2006 SFist Interview - Great name.
Post by: pmcd9 on January 25, 2006, 02:07:45 am
That was a good drum break.

Wow, Onstad gave a lot of information about his wearabouts to potential stalkers.  He must have still been living in Abeline when he gave that interview.

~Paul
Title: Re: Jan 24-2006 SFist Interview - Great name.
Post by: Ben-San on January 25, 2006, 02:24:48 am
I also read it as "S-Fist", but chalked it up to my life of video-game excess (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/bensanaz/getequipped.jpg).
Title: Re: Jan 24-2006 SFist Interview - Great name.
Post by: Roger on January 25, 2006, 01:24:19 pm
I also read it as "S-Fist", but chalked it up to my life of video-game excess (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/bensanaz/getequipped.jpg).

Whoa, I was just listening to the new The Advantage album when I read your post. Not the Megaman theme, but still... weerie.
Title: Re: Jan 24-2006 SFist Interview - Great name.
Post by: Jeepers on January 25, 2006, 01:36:45 pm
Good answer on the craigslist question. Craigslist is the only website I know of where you can find a free kitten, a hotel room blowjob, a water heater that someone left on the curb, a banjo for a reasonable price, and employment... all in one place.
Title: Re: Jan 24-2006 SFist Interview - Great name.
Post by: V-Adore on January 25, 2006, 05:27:58 pm
Good answer on the craigslist question. Craigslist is the only website I know of where you can find a free kitten, a hotel room blowjob, a water heater that someone left on the curb, a banjo for a reasonable price, and employment... all in one place.

I like the idea of finding them all from one person, too, although it might make things awkward at the office later on. Y'know, if it turns out that your boss sold you a bad banjo.
Title: Re: Jan 24-2006 SFist Interview - Great name.
Post by: Thee on January 25, 2006, 07:29:10 pm
Whoa, I was just listening to the new The Advantage album when I read your post. Not the Megaman theme, but still... weerie.

And I was listening to the advantage band album when I read your post.

And I never see banjos on my local craigslist.  This place blows.
Title: Re: Jan 24-2006 SFist Interview - Great name.
Post by: Bozack on January 30, 2006, 10:18:25 pm
That’s more important than a pickled Belon oyster wearing a steamed chive that has been knotted in a full-windsor by Hubert Keller.

Excellent.
Title: Re: Jan 24-2006 SFist Interview - Great name.
Post by: lprkn on February 01, 2006, 11:10:05 pm
I'm sure the SF-isters are quite aware of the nature of their name. They may have even thought it was a good joke, given the nature of The City By The Bay.