The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Science & Nature => Topic started by: Golfhaus on January 28, 2006, 10:08:29 pm

Title: Armegetron Advanced
Post by: Golfhaus on January 28, 2006, 10:08:29 pm
Just curious if anyone has played this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armagetron_Advanced). I'm starting to feel myself get pulled to it.
Title: Re: Armegetron Advanced
Post by: slink on January 29, 2006, 07:56:13 pm
I used to play this against my brother.
Certainly it has to be the best light cycle game out there, although I had to make a few changes to it's default to have it not annoy me. Something about controls me thinks.

I guess I ought to admit to having the addon pack with samples frmo the movie...
Title: Re: Armegetron Advanced
Post by: Golfhaus on January 29, 2006, 08:40:16 pm
The documentation was lacking... I had to go to the game's wiki to figure out how to turn the vehicle (hint: it's not the arrow keys... WTF?). But I've found myself enjoying it a lot. Perhaps if a few people wanted, we could get a TOUAMB group sometime playing it on a server somewhere.
Title: Re: Armegetron Advanced
Post by: misterqueue on January 29, 2006, 09:57:46 pm
I've been alternating between this, Civ4, and Mariokart DS this morning.*

Thank you golfhaus for stealing yet more of my time.  You're the real thing asshole!



(I say this with all love intended of course)



*It is a lazy sunday.  Do not judge me.
Title: Re: Armegetron Advanced
Post by: Golfhaus on January 29, 2006, 10:36:28 pm
*It is a lazy sunday.  Do not judge me.

"You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?"

"Armagetron!"

"It's happenin'!"
Title: Re: Armegetron Advanced
Post by: wombat on January 29, 2006, 11:46:18 pm
Argh! No playing computer games instead of posting funny things on the messageboard!