The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: lprkn on January 31, 2006, 03:03:01 am

Title: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: lprkn on January 31, 2006, 03:03:01 am
Well, I'm a long-time reader, first time poster. Been into achewood for a good 3 years or so, decided it was time to join the official unoffical fan club.

Interesting fact about me: I was born with a hole in the top of one of my ears, unfortunately, it does not go all the way through.

That is all.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: pmcd9 on January 31, 2006, 03:09:27 am
Welcome to the group freak.  How about a picture of that weird ear?

~Paul
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: lprkn on January 31, 2006, 03:21:07 am
It's really nothing special, just on the back of the left ear. Visible enough that in school, I was always asked by the person who sat behind me, "Did you get your ear pierced?"

Also, I do not have a digital camera.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: wombat on January 31, 2006, 03:24:47 am
Wait a minute, is that avatar a picture of your actual self?  Because I'm sure there's got to be a rule against that.  Anyone got a copy of the by-laws?
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: AugustWest on January 31, 2006, 03:25:37 am
It's not without precedent.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: Ben-San on January 31, 2006, 03:37:50 am
Wait a minute, is that avatar a picture of your actual self?


..do you mean yours isn't? That makes me a little sad.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: wombat on January 31, 2006, 03:46:43 am
Oh, surely it's obvious that that is not a picture of a wombat.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: arkabee on January 31, 2006, 03:58:24 am
Oh, surely it's obvious that that is not a picture of a wombat.

that's not a wombat?
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: CortJstr on January 31, 2006, 03:59:15 am
that's not a wombat?


It's a sloth. We talked about this (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,235.msg3008.html#msg3008).
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: AugustWest on January 31, 2006, 04:00:29 am
I thought it was an echidna.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: arkabee on January 31, 2006, 04:01:14 am
It's a sloth. We talked about this.

i remember talking about wrestling with you,

and then that you didn't like coffee.

after that,
well,
you don't like coffee.

ya know?
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: pmcd9 on January 31, 2006, 04:08:58 am
For goodness Sake Arkabee, it's almost February, put the santa hat away.  The holidays are over.

~Paul
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: AugustWest on January 31, 2006, 04:09:51 am
I guess that means I should take down the wreath and the Christmas lights.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: jough on January 31, 2006, 06:02:21 am
It is not permitted to post photos of yourself as your avatar unless you are a hawt chickadee.

Also, welcome, ear freak.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: V-Adore on January 31, 2006, 06:35:49 am
Welcome. Don't listen to Jough; he just has to play Bad Cop.

You can always use a picture of yourself as a wee one, though.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: Doc on January 31, 2006, 10:00:14 am
Note that Jough got around his own rule by using a picture of himself with girly long hair.

Bonus points for the unpronouncible name by the way, but help us out here, could you draw a tiny mustache on yourself or something?
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: misterqueue on January 31, 2006, 11:07:07 am
Welcome.  If you can hear me now nod twice, once for the regular hole and once for the echo.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: lprkn on February 01, 2006, 05:36:21 am
Woah, wasn't aware of the "actual picture of yourself as an avatar is a no-no" thing. Will change it shortly.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: jough on February 01, 2006, 05:41:06 am
Oh, dude, it's totally not a problem.  Just post whatever avatar you want and the good lord will provide.

Also, my hair was not girly.  It was the 70s, motherFUCKER.  We talked about this!

Also, clearly the noob's name is pronounced "Porkin'".

The first L is silent, like the L in llama.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: lprkn on February 01, 2006, 05:45:25 am
Some prefer to leave the l, p, and r silent, and pronounce the"kn" as KAAAAAHHHHHNNNN!
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: jough on February 01, 2006, 05:52:00 am
You get your first tiny can for that reference, but I'm sorry to say that your name on the board is now Porkin or maybe just Pork.

Welcome to the board, Pork.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: AugustWest on February 01, 2006, 06:24:25 am
You get another can for standing up to El Guapo.  And for the willy-nilly connection in the whole TOUAMB spirit. 

We have an early frontrunner for a 2006 TOUAMBIE!
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: V-Adore on February 01, 2006, 06:39:03 am
Yeah, I'm gonna go against jough here and give a warm welcome to KHAAAAAN!!.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: lprkn on February 01, 2006, 01:25:55 pm
Why thank you both. I feel quite welcome already, let's hope I don't wear it out too fast.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: misterqueue on February 01, 2006, 01:44:04 pm
Other possible nomenclatures:


Leper King
Lip Rockin'
LepreKHAAAAAAN
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: acoxcae on February 01, 2006, 01:47:44 pm
LepreKHAAAAAAN

I believe we have a winner.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: jough on February 01, 2006, 02:21:52 pm
Clearly, his name is Porkin, and his login name will soon reflect this.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: misterqueue on February 01, 2006, 02:27:36 pm
Clearly, his name is Porkin, and his login name will soon reflect this.

tsk, you used to be fun jough.  What happened to those times?  You know the good times?  Remember those times jough?*


* Those summers we spent with testin talking about life in the hills of Sicily?  She was so full of promise and desire then.  WHEN DID WE LET THAT DIE?!
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: Golfhaus on February 01, 2006, 07:57:46 pm
Clearly, his name is Porkin, and his login name will soon reflect this.

I prefer incorporating the L, and pronouncing it "La Porkin'."
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: jough on February 01, 2006, 08:05:20 pm
OUI
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: lprkn on February 01, 2006, 11:19:20 pm
Well, read in your mind (or even out loud, if you must) however you want to. But I prefer it, as I use it on more than one messageboard.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: miles on February 02, 2006, 12:49:43 am
Well, read in your mind (or even out loud, if you must) however you want to. But I prefer it, as I use it on more than one messageboard.

Shh!  Wombat may hear you.  She doesn't know that an entire cyberworld outside of Achewood and TOUAMB exists.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: lprkn on February 02, 2006, 01:24:08 am
Sorry, I retract. The internet is indeed flat.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: side_show on February 02, 2006, 03:02:02 am
Le porcine Khaaaaaaan!

Bienvenu de la board non-officiel d'Achwood.

Tout de suite, tu est le singe que j'adore de giffle!  Bonne chance!
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: acoxcae on February 02, 2006, 03:19:35 am
Je pense que le mot que vous voulez est "gifle."  Mais, je pourrais avoir tort.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: side_show on February 02, 2006, 03:45:02 am
A merde!  Oui, c'est une typo - "gifle," pas "giffle."  Je besoin de utiliser mon dictionnaire pour tout ca, parce que je parler francaise une petite peu temps-en-temp, mais le dernier temp j'ecrire en francaise et dans ecole.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: AugustWest on February 02, 2006, 04:20:35 am
Wow.  Despite it being almost 25 years since I had a French class, I could actually follow that.  Except for "gifle".
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: side_show on February 02, 2006, 04:28:57 am
I had a secret relationship with a girl from Paris in highschool, and that was a line I said to her once to make her laugh: "Tu est le singe que j'adore de gifle!"  (" You are the monkey I love to slap!")  It's always stuck in my mind for whatever reason.  I remember I had to say it to her a couple of times before she understood it with my Canadian accent, but when she did, she tossed her head back and laughed, and the image and the phrase just sticks in my mind.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 02, 2006, 05:15:28 am
I had a secret relationship with a girl from Paris in highschool

Is that the same time you became a furtive vegan?
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: Bozack on February 02, 2006, 05:35:53 am
Le poisson, le poisson, how I love le poisson, he he hee, haw haw haw.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: side_show on February 02, 2006, 02:44:14 pm
Is that the same time you became a furtive vegan?


No, these were very separate incidents.  I was single for the entire time I wasn't eating meat, which was during my university years (insert sausage or giraffe taco joke here).  I was already big time arty in highschool though, but in my highschool, the arty kids were definitely a not-cool clique - we were all big time losers.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: Ben-San on February 02, 2006, 08:11:27 pm
On the basis of his avatar I now think he is a Mexican wrestler called "El Porkino". Is this the intention?
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: CortJstr on February 02, 2006, 08:13:38 pm
On the basis of his avatar I now think he is a Mexican wrestler called "El Porkino". Is this the intention?

Uh, that's Big Van Vader, not Super Porky (http://images.google.com/images?q=super+porky&hl=en&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0).
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: Ben-San on February 02, 2006, 08:34:06 pm
Well, I knew it was presumably someone not named El Porkino. I am saying that this is the association that forms in my mind when a masked wrestler and lprkn are combined.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: lprkn on February 03, 2006, 03:27:29 am
Well, I'm glad at least one person besides me remembers Vader. He is often forgotten these days. Where have all of the fat wrestlers gone?
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: CortJstr on February 03, 2006, 03:38:57 am
Japan?
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: Lister on February 03, 2006, 02:27:39 pm
Denny's?
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: misterqueue on February 03, 2006, 02:33:24 pm
Mom?!
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: CortJstr on February 03, 2006, 03:55:18 pm
Chief?

McCloud?
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: jough on February 03, 2006, 04:23:03 pm
Badges?
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: misterqueue on February 03, 2006, 04:33:31 pm
Tito Puente?
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: V-Adore on February 03, 2006, 04:37:59 pm
TUSK!
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: acoxcae on February 03, 2006, 04:43:38 pm
ROTATING JOSEPHS!

200 posts!
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: Turbo Ninja on February 03, 2006, 05:37:26 pm
Well, I'm glad at least one person besides me remembers Vader. He is often forgotten these days. Where have all of the fat wrestlers gone?

I loved the days when Fat = Strong in WWF and WCW.  Apparently Vince McMahon likes all his stooges to look like they were carved out of God's own boner by Michelangelo himself, so the fat guys are only okay when they're Japanese.

Or Ric Flair.  Wooooooo!
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: CortJstr on February 03, 2006, 05:40:16 pm
I loved the days when Fat = Strong in WWF and WCW.

Dude, Mark Henry much? Big Show lifting a jeep?

Also, Albert has been in Japan since his release and is apparently really over. Wonders will never cease.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: Golfhaus on February 03, 2006, 05:53:17 pm
I loved the days when Fat = Strong in WWF and WCW.  Apparently Vince McMahon likes all his stooges to look like they were carved out of God's own boner by Michelangelo himself, so the fat guys are only okay when they're Japanese.

Or Ric Flair.  Wooooooo!

He's got such a hard-on for these guys that he married his daughter off to one of them. By the time it's all said and done, Triple H will be a 78-time champion, because he'll be winning the belt from wrestlers who aren't even born yet 35 years from now. Reign 78 will come when he rolls over some kid's foot with his motorized wheelchair.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: CortJstr on February 03, 2006, 06:08:31 pm
This is exacly why Samoa Joe would never get the push he deserves if he signed with them. He looks all pudgy and out of shape which is precisely why it's so damned entertaing to watch leave somebody a steaming pile of goo in only 9 seconds. But Vince can never understand this.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: Turbo Ninja on February 03, 2006, 09:16:30 pm
So Mark Henry and Big Show are two active Fat = Strong guys.  I don't watch much WWE these days but I can't think of another one.

At least the Show has some overall gigantism going for him, whereas Henry just appears to be fat.  But that's a drop (a really obese drop, but just a drop nonetheless) in the bucket against the era of Earthquake/Typhoon/etc., Tugboat, Dusty Rhodes, Kamaala, Yokozuna and all those other non-buff fatties who managed to squeeze themselves between the ring ropes.   There were a lot of semi-fat guys too: Big Bossman, The One Man Gang, the original Demolition...the list goes on and on.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: CortJstr on February 03, 2006, 09:44:00 pm
True. Juice has come a long way since then and it's clear that Vince would prefer if everybody looked like Chris Masters and Bobby Lashley.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: arkabee on February 03, 2006, 10:39:29 pm
the thing about big show is he must be amazingly strong to lift his fat ass anywhere.

is the mark henry being a ribbon winning weightlifter before getting an old woman pregant with a plastic hand a made up thing?

am i stupid for even asking?

ps,
i hate search engines.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: CortJstr on February 03, 2006, 10:49:03 pm
It's not made up. Mark Henry was billed as "The World's Strongest Man" because he won some Ah-nold sponsored contest. The hand thing was when I wasn't watching but I've heard about it many many times.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: arkabee on February 03, 2006, 10:51:26 pm
i don't think i was watching regurlarly at that time,
i would just periodically check in on it.
the hand thing made me feel vindicated in my decision not to watch.

mark henry is a piss poor wrestler.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 03, 2006, 10:55:12 pm
Where <else> have I heard the phrase 'sexual chocolate' used?
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: CortJstr on February 03, 2006, 11:04:58 pm
Where <else> have I heard the phrase 'sexual chocolate' used?

Coming to America. It's a band during the fundraiser scene, IIRC
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: Golfhaus on February 03, 2006, 11:09:36 pm
Where <else> have I heard the phrase 'sexual chocolate' used?

I think that's what Nagin is going to rename the Red Light District in N'awlins.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: lprkn on February 03, 2006, 11:49:36 pm
I believe one of the finest moments in WWF history was when Lex Luger lifted Yoozuna over his head and slammed him. It looked like it took all that he had, lifting that huge Japanese man.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: CortJstr on February 03, 2006, 11:56:20 pm
But Luger, dude. LUGER
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: arkabee on February 04, 2006, 07:08:17 pm
But Luger, dude. LUGER

even though we are diametrically opposed vis-a-vis coffee, oh sweet God coffee,
i got yer back, ya'll.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: sunnystar on February 05, 2006, 02:33:24 am
Where <else> have I heard the phrase 'sexual chocolate' used?
I think that's what Nagin is going to rename the Red Light District in N'awlins.

This made me laugh so hard, and even though acoxcae had left the room, I MADE him come back in to read that...for some reason I didn't feel right reading it outloud, but it was damn hilarious to read to myself! Hooray! :)
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: Golfhaus on February 05, 2006, 03:28:23 am
This made me laugh so hard, and even though acoxcae had left the room, I MADE him come back in to read that...for some reason I didn't feel right reading it outloud, but it was damn hilarious to read to myself! Hooray! :)

You hear that, Cox? YOUR GIRLFRIEND SAYS I BRING TEH FUNNEH!

Seriously, though, man. Nagin. Whoever gets the Democratic nod in 2008 better tap that man for Veep. It's a shoo-in victory. I wish Nagin was my dad.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: lprkn on February 05, 2006, 07:03:14 pm
Democratic? I think more along the lines of Libertarian, in this case. The only party to ever get a pro wrestler elected.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: Hobot on February 10, 2006, 09:18:51 pm
It is not permitted to post photos of yourself as your avatar unless you are a hawt chickadee.

What about a hawt manatee?
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: acoxcae on February 10, 2006, 10:04:49 pm
What about a hawt manatee?

I'll believe it when I see it.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: wombat on February 10, 2006, 10:06:38 pm
What about a hawt manatee?

Oh yes!
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: misterqueue on February 11, 2006, 12:07:36 am
What about a hawt manatee?

Google Image assures me that this is a hawt manatee with a big rack (http://www.glassonion.net/pizatch/232-3226_IMG.JPG).  I'm inclined not to agree.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: wombat on February 11, 2006, 12:29:52 am
Google Image assures me that this is a hawt manatee with a big rack (http://www.glassonion.net/pizatch/232-3226_IMG.JPG).  I'm inclined not to agree.

OMG
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: Bozack on February 11, 2006, 07:09:53 pm
Wait...what SEARCH TERMS did you use for that?
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: misterqueue on February 11, 2006, 07:13:21 pm
HAWT Manatee, the big rack part was just an added bonus that google provided.
Title: Re: Hello message-board, how are you?
Post by: sunnystar on February 12, 2006, 05:54:05 pm
Q, you never fail to amaze me. TCoDP for you! <3