The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: AlohaDawg on February 03, 2006, 11:09:52 pm
-
Who's got ink?
Show us your ink.
(http://fourcatsinabag.blogspot.com/uploaded_images/Tattoo-789892.JPG)
-
I always said I'd get a tattoo when I came up with a design that I knew I would be proud to have when I was 35, 45, 55, 65 and 75 years old. Then I came up with two:
1) inspired from a design my sister planned/plans to get, a green kangaroo with a yellow seven-pointed star inside (represents our late grandmother, who was Australian)
2) the Jack Daniels logo.
It's just a matter of getting up the nerve now. But more than likely, I never will.
Sara's got a large floral design on her lower back. Large as in, it starts on one side and moves to the other, and stands about six inches tall. It's pretty much the lower 1/4th of her back.
-
If I ever get a good permanent zoo job, or if I ever sell my book, I am going to get a capybara tattooed somewhere. If both things happen, also a frog.
"Somewhere" is the problem though. I have no idea where on my body these things should live.
-
Yeah, I might do it if I ever decide on something that I know I'll want to be a permanent part of my body for the rest of my life. Right now I have no idea what that is, so... we'll see. Maybe once I have a career, or at least a graduate school.
-
I have a yin-yang on my left shoulder about the size of a dime. I got it in Amsterdam in 1985. It's pretty blurry now.
-
I have the nerdiest tattoo ever on the back of my left calf. It's binary code that can be translated into ASCII.
Don't ask what it translates into as it's offensive. :P
-
I have the nerdiest tattoo ever on the back of my left calf. It's binary code that can be translated into ASCII.
Don't ask what it translates into as it's offensive. :P
What does it translate into?
(I was never good with instructions)
-
I have the nerdiest tattoo ever on the back of my left calf. It's binary code that can be translated into ASCII.
Don't ask what it translates into as it's offensive. :P
Oh come on, talk nerdy to me!
-
AD's Ink Link don't work.
~Paul
(edit by AD: it worked from my office yesterday. I'll work on it.)
-
I'd probably end up getting the VF-9 or another #####ech vehicle. Maybe I could sleeve out* my arm with an entire armada! But I...I don't think tatoos are for me.
* Maxing an arm with ink is refered to as "sleeving out." I heard someone say that last week, and now I can finally share it. Non-scholastic-learning!
-
i have felix clenching the dobb's pipe flipping the bird below the left shoulder on my back.
i thought i posted it herebouts once.
'dawg, what is yours of? i think i know but i'm not sure.
also, in a manly way, let me point out that you have impressive guns.
-
Yes, yes I do.
It's a USMC tattoo on my left pec. A picture will show up eventually, as I don't have a digital camera.
AlohaDawg: Pentecost?
-
You need another poll option, "I've thought about getting ink but have never quite been motivated."
I have long wanted a bear such as this one (http://www.arizonagift.com/images/si/04/W7BEAR~1-2_small.jpg) on my left shoulder blade. What I have always lacked is a friend with tattoos to drag me off to actually get it.
-
I'd totally get a tattoo if there was ink that only lasted, say, a year or two. Because ten years down the road it ain't gonna be as cool, and a bit longer down the road it's gonna be ugly anyway.
-
I am a dude who is covered in hair, so I don't have tattoos. I also can't think of anything that I am sure I will like in 50 years and also would require me to permanently attach to my body.
-
I have a sort of wolf (it is a kind of tribal and semi-abstract design; most people do not immediately recognize it as a wolf) on my right shoulder. I got it when I was 18 in one of those typical "I am a man and I am independent and if I have a tattoo perhaps I will be a little less nerdy and little more like someone who might someday get laid" type of moods. It's actually a pretty cool looking tattoo I think (I don't have a digital camera but I will try and get a photo of it), but it's also sort of lame because it's pretty fierce looking and I am not a very fierce type of person. So I have mixed feelings toward the ink, but people and especially females respond very well to it, and it's small and high up enough that even just wearing a t-shirt covers it, so most people don't even know it's there.
-
Yes, yes I do.
It's a USMC tattoo on my left pec. A picture will show up eventually, as I don't have a digital camera.
AlohaDawg: Pentecost?
I'll give you a tiny can for recognizing that as a symbol of Pentecost even though I don't support the whole can-economy-concept. I generally refer to it as a representation of the Holy Spirit which I am learning to depend on more in my life. It's definitely a journey.
My favorite tattoo I've seen here is on a pretty big but not fat guy - you can see the tail of a gecko ending by his navel and one leg pointing up toward his chest on the right. The other leg wraps around the side and the length of the gecko is diagaonal on his back with one leg coming around under his arm and the head on the left side of his upper chest. It's pretty awesome.
-
I've already got the tattoo I want picked out, but I don't want to get one while I am in any way financially dependent on my parents. Soon, though....SOON.
-
Speaking of tattoos, anybody else see the UFC fights on Saturday? That one dude who choked out Hinkle looked like a straight-up bowling ball of hate. All tatted up and everything.
-
Those of you who voted 'Ink is for crap dudes' oughta post with a little more information on the facts behind your belief. I would be interested in hearing what makes you think that.
-
It might just be that the Crap Dudes Option is hard to resist.
But yeah if not what's the story?
-
Well it was the only option for people who don't have ink and don't want it. So going by the poll, either you have ink, want ink, or think people with ink are crap. Perhaps a simple, "I don't want ink," option may have lowered the "crap dude" numbers.
-
Well it was the only option for people who don't have ink and don't want it. So going by the poll, either you have ink, want ink, or think people with ink are crap. Perhaps a simple, "I don't want ink," option may have lowered the "crap dude" numbers.
Yeah, I'll back that up. I don't have any tattoos, and while I'm not against it or anything, I just can't imagine anything that I want to print on myself that I'll still want to look at (or have other people look at) when I'm like 70. Other people can have whatever they want and not be wantonly labeled "crap dudes." There are a few crap dudes with tattoos though.
-
Indeed. I mean I'll oggle the Suicide Girls just as much as the next guy but I have no desire to have them thar drawings on me personally. See also: piercings.
-
Piercings are a little different in my book, since if you take it out, it closes up (unless it was like a 00-gauge plug or something). This makes it pretty much OK, since you don't really have to worry about its appearance at 70.
Of course, I still don't have any, but I sure could.
-
First, I apologize for any blatant spelling errors. I just got one of those new curvy keyed ergonomical keyboards, and it's giving me hell.
I have a two of the most awesome and beautiful tattoos in existence.
1. A huge one across my chest of a sacred heart over a compass rose, flanked in by the east and west wind like from an old pirate map. It is my favorite tattoo of all existing tattoos.
2. I have my right outer arm half-sleeved with a scene of St. Michael kicking old scratch out of heaven at swordpoint the figures and the rocks they are on are in grayscale, surrounded by a sky in sunset colors. You may have seen little catholic statues or paintings depicting the same scene. It is my second favorite tattoo of all existing tattoos.
I also have two of the most ridiculous tattoos in existence.
1. inner upper right arm- a scene from "monkey vs. *****" of a monkey hitting a ***** with a stick
2. inner upper left arm- the instructions from a chopstick wrapper. I shit you not.
-
(http://www.lyred.com/covers/insane_clown_posse_-_ringmaster.jpg)
I have this tattooed above my junk.
And then this verse on my back:
Shazam BAM, shocka locka lokey
Shaggy the clown back like scoliosis
Call me a psycho-skitso freak
And I'll call you by your name (dick-anus)
Cuz I can give two shits and a fuck
I bounce down Verner in a popcorn clown truck
I'm a circus ninja southwest voodoo wizard.
I am so sorry
-
....I gaveth.
-
Being me, and responding to Alex, no, no piercings for you. You sure COULDN'T. It would make me sad. No one wants that. :)
-
I have a two of the most awesome and beautiful tattoos in existence.
1. A huge one across my chest of a sacred heart over a compass rose, flanked in by the east and west wind like from an old pirate map. It is my favorite tattoo of all existing tattoos.
2. I have my right outer arm half-sleeved with a scene of St. Michael kicking old scratch out of heaven at swordpoint the figures and the rocks they are on are in grayscale, surrounded by a sky in sunset colors. You may have seen little catholic statues or paintings depicting the same scene. It is my second favorite tattoo of all existing tattoos.
I also have two of the most ridiculous tattoos in existence.
1. inner upper right arm- a scene from "monkey vs. #####" of a monkey hitting a ##### with a stick
2. inner upper left arm- the instructions from a chopstick wrapper. I shit you not.
Wait...really? Pictures of all of these are extremely necessary.
-
I also have two of the most ridiculous tattoos in existence.
1. inner upper right arm- a scene from "monkey vs. #####" of a monkey hitting a ##### with a stick
Jeepers. I love James Kochalka. You rawk. Straight up, rawk. Also, show respect to Michael Jackson.
-
As requested (http://www.flickr.com/photos/63888424@N00/sets/)
I didn't really get awesome shots, but I was trying to figure out ways to photograph parts of myself that required strange angles. enjoy.
The cat is the Late Ichi the Kitten, he was the one I was talking about in my first posts here. What a good dude. He can be seen here in his natural habitat (the living room) relishing the thrill of the hunt with his favorite prey (a stuffed marshmallow peep)
Edit: Jeepers. I love James Kochalka.
ding ding ding! someone knows the magic words to get a tiny can.
-
As requested (http://www.flickr.com/photos/63888424@N00/sets/)
I didn't really get awesome shots, but I was trying to figure out ways to photograph parts of myself that required strange angles. enjoy.
The cat is the Late Ichi the Kitten, he was the one I was talking about in my first posts here. What a good dude. He can be seen here in his natural habitat (the living room) relishing the thrill of the hunt with his favorite prey (a stuffed marshmallow peep)
Edit: ding ding ding! someone knows the magic words to get a tiny can.
Man.. that kitten story. Flooding back to me it is truly the saddest thing. Even sadder than someone's SO dying and the person finding their leftovers in the fridge the next day; unfinished.
Yet, juxtaposed with the fact that you named him after Ichi the Killer I cannot help but be confounded by it all.
-
Oh, Ichi. What a beautiful kitten; what a sad fate.
-
(http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a274/Nabubrush/Ankh2.jpg)
(http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a274/Nabubrush/Pi.jpg)
I ain't too worried about being 70 years old and being concerned about whether or not I still like my tattoos. I'm more worried about being 70 years old and being concerned about my generally shrivelled appearance.
-
I am more worried about never getting to be 70 years old. More on topic, I'm more immediately worried about never getting the job I was going to celebrate with a tattoo. But I am still hoping. Watch this space!
-
When I turned 18, I got a circular piece of Celtic knotwork tattooed onto my left shoulderblade, as I am Irish and Sicilian and thought it was a beautiful design. When I was with JT (somewhere on this board exist drama-filled posts about him breaking off our engagement over the phone when he returned from Iraq in 2004 and my subsequent move to Alaska), I decided to get it lasered off (the tattoo, not JT) in time for our wedding. You know, because 5 treatments costing $300 each and amounting to significantly more pain than took to apply the tattoo would have been worth it. Sigh. Anyway, I only had enough money to get one laser treatment, then that little project fell by the wayside. Now my tattoo just looks like crap because a large portion of its pigment has been broken up and reabsorbed by my body.
And in case you were wondering...I have a high tolerance for pain (had ten body piercings at one time) and yes, getting tattoos lasered off hurts like a bitch.