The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Hobot on February 05, 2006, 05:20:11 pm
-
Their viogniers, some of which taste like simmered Mad Dog 20/20 that has been poured and left to cool among the upraised strands of an astroturf mat that a dog sleeps on.
A manager at work the other day mentioned that she had imbibed some MD 20/20 (http://www.bumwine.com/md2020.html).
-
Hobot, thank you for bumwines.com
if you like to smell your hand after pumping gas, look no further than Thunderbird.
That's classic.
-
Hobot, thank you for bumwines.com
You are most welcome. I couldn't not share it; that would be selgiraffe.
-
A manager at work the other day mentioned that she had imbibed some MD 20/20 (http://www.bumwine.com/md2020.html).
And thank you for indirectly explaining to me the title of that Teenage Fanclub song. (http://www.lyricsdomain.com/20/teenage_fanclub/mad_dog_2020.html)
That wine was the best girl I never had...
-
As fulfilling as the GOF arc has been, it's nice to see that there are Achewood characters who aren't altogether preoccupied with the annual rumble. Pat has discovered HeroCrafter, which is like the hominy-based mussel best-stitute of role playing games, and Nice Pete is digging on some new wheels. I wonder if A Wonderful Tale will be any more than a dozen page rehashing of some blog entries, and if that sort of thing deserves binding instead of a single staple in the upper left-hand corner.
-
For the sake of tidiness (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2512.0.html).
-
For the sake of tidiness (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2512.0.html).
Dang, why is it so hard to get more noobs like this around here?
LOCKED
-
Merged.
~Paul
-
HeroCrafter: character development
yessss
-
The Tragedie: a character-development tool so powerful, it has an impossible number of sides! Fuck yes!
(Yes, yes, I know, it could be a prism, but c'mon.)
-
It's actually a d30 with 15 results each printed twice.
-
Am I the only one who cannot see a new entry from Pat? The most recent one available to my eyes is the shopping cart one. I suspect Onstad has deleted it for whatever reason, as I can view Nice Pete's elegant prose just fine.
-
Am I the only one who cannot see a new entry from Pat?
Yes (http://journeyintoreason.blogspot.com/2006/02/great-new-game.html).
Just what does Caul Birth add 10 to?
-
Thankyou very much. I can only view it directly through that link, which is a bit annoying, but fair do's.
-
Paul lobs a merge over Wombat's head all the way from Utah!!! Way to moderate!
-
Does anybody know exactly what kind of car is pictured on Nice Pete's blog? I am woefully ignorant about cars in general, and older cars in particular.
car (http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3700/476/1600/sports_car.jpg)
*edited to insert link
-
Resemblant of an El Camino (http://www.barefootdave.com/elcamino/dsc04578.jpg), but I'm not sure.
-
Pat must be totally fascist about the technical aspects of his RPGs. How does 'Stad keep finding these jerk-subtypes and integrating them into Pat?
The Tragedie is pretty awesome. It must be prismatic, because life-tragedies aren't equitabley distributed.
-
Resemblant of an El Camino (http://www.barefootdave.com/elcamino/dsc04578.jpg), but I'm not sure.
It's a Ford Ranchero. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Ranchero)
That's why the front looks like a Galaxie.
-
Sweet! Thanks. I thought it looked vaguely familiar.
-
...
didn't Pat say that fantasies are rediculous?
I guess he meant non-realistic ones.
-
...
didn't Pat say that fantasies are rediculous?
I guess he meant non-realistic ones.
I can't BELIEVE you still don't watch Trials of Honour.
It is such intelligent programming.
-
...
didn't Pat say that fantasies are rediculous?
I guess he meant non-realistic ones.
FalconLore is not a fantasy. It is, to put it simply, the most realistic possible simulation system for true-to-life dramatic adventures in medieval falconry. The intuitive flowcharts create an accurate and realistic life - not just a backstory - for each Idealized Model in the only way that life can ever be experienced - unfolding a year at a time with each event following in logical but unpredictable procession from events before it. Because of the statistical weighting systems used in the rolls of fortune during the Pre-Saga life-generation phase (the term "dice roll" is ungrammatical and "die roll" is technically inaccurate when rolling more than one at a single time), trends in Idealized Model statistics accurately reflect statistical distributions of real falconers and peasants of the period. That's the genius of the 15-sided Tragedie, maligned as it is by small-minded fantasists. None of their beloved "expanded Platonic solids" die types would provide the necessary distribution for complete accuracy of true-to-life dramatic adventures in medieval falconry.
-
Ah, the Ranchero. The old geezer who used to live down the street before he moved away drove one of those. For five years it became a neighborhood fixture. His little crackerbox house between two slightly larger old bungalows, the faded dull dark blue Ranchero parked practically at his door.