The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: pmcd9 on January 17, 2006, 02:45:22 am

Title: TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
Post by: pmcd9 on January 17, 2006, 02:45:22 am
You know, The Achewood Guy came and went so fast I never got a chance to read his post.  Did they all get deleted or something?

~Paul
Title: TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 17, 2006, 02:49:20 am
To his ultimate credit in this context, The Achewood Guy committed the fatal faux pas of re-registering from the same IP and suffered Bannination and deletus maximus. Consider that when voting...
Title: TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
Post by: jough on January 17, 2006, 05:04:18 am
I think The Achewood Guy's posts are still on the board, but they were only in one thread (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2413.0.html), so they're easy to miss.
Title: TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
Post by: pmcd9 on January 17, 2006, 05:33:11 am
Ok, I remember now, thanks.

~Paul
Title: TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
Post by: AugustWest on January 17, 2006, 05:38:08 am
The Achewood Guy didn't post in '05.
Title: TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
Post by: miles on January 17, 2006, 05:52:19 am
The Achewood Guy didn't post in '05.

So it's not as tight a ship as we had thought...
Title: TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 17, 2006, 07:45:24 am
I couldn't remember and I thought that all the records were gone from Jough's bannination activity.

 So we can continue as is (knowing he's up against an overwhelmingly worse option) or alter the poll.

I just put down the nominations as best I could...missed on that one, though.
Title: TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
Post by: wombat on January 17, 2006, 01:44:51 pm
So it's not as tight a ship as we had thought...

Nah - the board celebrates Chinese New Year.  Didn't you get the memo?
Title: TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
Post by: Limmo on January 17, 2006, 06:17:41 pm
I don't know, I'd vote for that obnoxious kid whose webpage was all full of hentai porn - whose name I've completely forgotten...
Title: TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
Post by: Bozack on January 17, 2006, 09:10:35 pm
I don't know, I'd vote for that obnoxious kid whose webpage was all full of hentai porn - whose name I've completely forgotten...

Oh, that kid! You insulted us, but then it turned out that you wanted to jizz on Japanese girls!
Title: TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
Post by: CortJstr on January 17, 2006, 09:15:23 pm
Oh, that kid! You insulted us, but then it turned out that you wanted to jizz on Japanese girls!

You mean Jough?


I am totally going to have -MaxInt Dr Peppers by tomorrow
Title: TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
Post by: jough on January 17, 2006, 09:56:45 pm
Hey, who doesn't want to jizz on Japanese women?  I mean, honestly.
Title: TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 17, 2006, 10:23:50 pm
The driver of this Camaro does, apparently.
http://dc.metblogs.com/archives/2005/11/who_needs_a_blo.phtml
Title: TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
Post by: V-Adore on January 17, 2006, 10:24:47 pm
Hey, who doesn't want to jizz on Japanese women?  I mean, honestly.

Me? I mean, okay, even if I could, I wouldn't want to.
Title: TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
Post by: CortJstr on January 17, 2006, 10:44:05 pm
Hey, who doesn't want to jizz on Japanese women?  I mean, honestly.

Well . . . are they hot?
Title: TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
Post by: Bozack on January 18, 2006, 02:48:20 am
I don't want to jizz on ANYBODY. But, I kind of think that removing Dr Pepper's should be known as....wait, no. No no no. That is a bad idea.
Title: TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
Post by: misterqueue on January 18, 2006, 03:47:00 am
I don't want to jizz on ANYBODY. But, I kind of think that removing Dr Pepper's should be known as....wait, no. No no no. That is a bad idea.

What?  Bukkaki-fying?  How bad could it be?!


And if there's no one you want to jizz on/in, then you're a better man than I am.  MUCH better.
Title: TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
Post by: CortJstr on January 18, 2006, 04:13:25 am
You mean Jough?


I am totally going to have -MaxInt Dr Peppers by tomorrow

Huh. I only went down 6 cans for this. Excellent display of restraint.
Title: TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
Post by: jough on January 18, 2006, 04:33:34 am
I only took five of them - I guess someone else took one, Cort.
Title: TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
Post by: Kai on January 18, 2006, 07:36:59 am
I have to agree with mom there that just being nominated for an award is an enormous honour in and of itself.  Had I not entered my real email address when I registered, I never would have known.  Thank you all so much. 

By the by, after that strip came out in December where Chris stomps past Teodor in his boxers, (with those funny ankles,) I finally decided to just email him and see if he was as frightened of diabetes as Ray.  Would you know, he said he had a 'little of the christmas cheer' lingering.  That's all.  That's the big mystery.  Chris Onstad is a slightly chubby man. 

Whether I win or lose the distinction of "Worst N00b 2005", later this year I'll re-register from a different ip and just crush the opposition.  ( I can vote for myself once on my way out, right?)
Title: TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
Post by: jough on January 18, 2006, 08:11:12 am
You can vote for yourself, but I doubt you'll "win" as you were far from the worst noob this year.

But really, it's a dishonour just being nominated.
Title: TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
Post by: side_show on January 18, 2006, 03:26:23 pm
It sort of an interesting quandary - we're saying these people suck, but that they suck so bad they deserve and award.  I don't know what to think about that.
Title: TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 18, 2006, 05:29:01 pm
It sort of an interesting quandary - we're saying these people suck, but that they suck so bad they deserve and award.  I don't know what to think about that.

Really, were we expecting any of them back?

I think we'll make a rule next year that getting banned takes you out of the running. That would prevent people from coming here just to be idiots for an imaginary award. We want sincere N00b stupidity around here. No poseurs.
Title: TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
Post by: misterqueue on January 18, 2006, 05:34:17 pm
Really, were we expecting any of them back?

I think we'll make a rule next year that getting banned takes you out of the running. That would prevent people from coming here just to be idiots for an imaginary award. We want sincere N00b stupidity around here. No poseurs.

Dammit, there goes my chances on yet another category.  At least I don't have to start running around acting like a cock or talking in a faux accent generator I guess.  So yay to that.
Title: TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
Post by: Bozack on January 18, 2006, 05:45:14 pm
Dammit, there goes my chances on yet another category.  At least I don't have to start running around acting like a cock or talking in a faux accent generator I guess.  So yay to that.

I like how Foghorn Leghorn would do BOTH of those things, on account of being a Southern Cock.
Title: TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
Post by: pmcd9 on February 09, 2006, 02:46:57 pm
Discovered while researching the Pinball thread... How did we overlook this guy (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,1985.msg40864.html#msg40864).

~Paul
Title: TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
Post by: side_show on February 09, 2006, 03:08:19 pm
Yeah, he just sort of sucks.  He's not outstandingly sucky.  Hence no nomination.
Title: TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on February 09, 2006, 06:14:46 pm
I'm confused, are you talking about that JeremyW guy? I read that whole thread and I didn't see any outstanding terribleness. I mean besides starting a slightly lame thread, but we all have done that at some point. Am I missing something?
Title: TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
Post by: side_show on February 09, 2006, 06:34:13 pm
If you click on his profile you can read all his posts, it's just basically that he contributed nothing and did a lot of stating the obvious.  I think he called someone a jerk at some point, and also it is implied, since JeremyW had the same avatar as a guy who had just been banned from the board - "Is Like Moxie," I think who was ... maybe... a real dick.  I seem to remember him admitting it, or Jough checked and he was posting from the same IP or something.  I don't remember, and I'm too lazy to look it up.
Title: TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
Post by: pmcd9 on February 09, 2006, 07:46:31 pm
I'm confused, are you talking about that JeremyW guy? I read that whole thread and I didn't see any outstanding terribleness. I mean besides starting a slightly lame thread, but we all have done that at some point. Am I missing something?

He only joined to hawk his comic and got indignant when we didn't like it.

~Paul
Title: TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 09, 2006, 08:02:52 pm
It's a pretty moot point - I mean, do you think he could've outpolled THA SUGAH RAIN?
Title: TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
Post by: V-Adore on February 09, 2006, 10:06:24 pm
Yeah, seriously. THA SUGAH RAIN is the worst of all possible newbies -- he is to newbies what a two and a coupon for tampons is to a poker hand.
Title: TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on February 09, 2006, 11:18:27 pm
Yeah, seriously. THA SUGAH RAIN is the worst of all possible newbies -- he is to newbies what a two and a coupon for tampons is to a poker hand.

hahaha, oh shit, I just lol'd. But I can't for the life of me remember where that came from. A little help?
Title: TOUAMB Worst N00b Award
Post by: V-Adore on February 09, 2006, 11:43:47 pm
hahaha, oh shit, I just lol'd. But I can't for the life of me remember where that came from. A little help?

An old-but-excellent strip, "Poker." (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11082001)