The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: wombat on January 17, 2006, 01:52:03 am

Title: TOUAMB MVP for 2005
Post by: wombat on January 17, 2006, 01:52:03 am
Hey, what happened to Arkabee?  I thought it had been a while and I just checked, his last post was a month ago.
Title: TOUAMB MVP for 2005
Post by: Bozack on January 17, 2006, 05:08:51 pm
....who nominated me? Thanks, I guess. I didn't vote for myself, but....sorry, I'm tearing up here.
Emotion.
Title: TOUAMB MVP for 2005
Post by: V-Adore on January 17, 2006, 06:53:51 pm
Man, it's hard voting for best people. I love you all, you know that? I'm happy to be the vanilla boring poster compared to which your efforts shine. It's all about being a team player.
Title: TOUAMB MVP for 2005
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 17, 2006, 08:14:23 pm
If we do these awards yearly, eventually all you excellent people will probably get one. Besides, just being nominated is pretty cool, wouldn't you say?
Title: TOUAMB MVP for 2005
Post by: pmcd9 on January 18, 2006, 02:13:37 am
Dammit, I better start campaining.  I don't want to be no Susan Lucci.

~Paul
Title: TOUAMB MVP for 2005
Post by: wombat on January 18, 2006, 02:59:33 am
Oooh, can we have campaign posters?

(http://www.rebsig.com/kogepan/whenamanlovesawombat.jpg)
Title: TOUAMB MVP for 2005
Post by: pmcd9 on January 18, 2006, 03:09:46 am
Oooh, can we have campaign posters?

(http://www.rebsig.com/kogepan/whenamanlovesawombat.jpg)

As if any of us stand a chance against Ms. 94 cans here.

~Paul
Title: TOUAMB MVP for 2005
Post by: wombat on January 18, 2006, 03:34:46 am
C'mon, Paul, I'm sure you've got a moustache picture that can go whisker to whisker with that.

Title: TOUAMB MVP for 2005
Post by: jough on January 18, 2006, 03:59:56 am
Okay, as Your Message Board Daddy, let me just caution anyone nominated for any of these awards to please not harass your fellow TOUAMBers to either vote for or against you.

That being said, a little campaigning never hurt anyone.  Just keep it on the board, people.  I start getting complaints that you're harassing someone via PM or email and I'll have to lay some serious BANNATION on your filthy soul!

Can I get a fuckin' A-MEN?
Title: TOUAMB MVP for 2005
Post by: CortJstr on January 18, 2006, 04:14:44 am
An MVP candidate getting banned for newbie behavior would actually be hilarious. Well, sad because we'd be losing a potential MVP. But hilarious.
Title: TOUAMB MVP for 2005
Post by: pmcd9 on January 18, 2006, 04:26:42 am
Okay, as Your Message Board Daddy, let me just caution anyone nominated for any of these awards to please not harass your fellow TOUAMBers to either vote for or against you.

That being said, a little campaigning never hurt anyone.  Just keep it on the board, people.  I start getting complaints that you're harassing someone via PM or email and I'll have to lay some serious BANNATION on your filthy soul!

Can I get a fuckin' A-MEN?


A-Men, and haleluljah.  I ain't gonna harass nobody, but I was wondering how significant a contribution it would take to influence the polls?

~Paul
Title: TOUAMB MVP for 2005
Post by: jough on January 18, 2006, 04:37:53 am
Well, it IS true that the tip jar connects directly to the back-end database...
Title: TOUAMB MVP for 2005
Post by: side_show on January 18, 2006, 03:23:19 pm
Oooh, can we have campaign posters?

(http://www.rebsig.com/kogepan/whenamanlovesawombat.jpg)

Oh my god - that creature looks so content to be held like that...

And it's so cute.  Soooo cute.

Although you are already buried in cans, I add another to the pile.

I will not be campaigning for myself.  Let my introduction of the term frotage (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2169.15.html), the fact that I pride myself on tearing a strip out of newbies,  (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2180.30.html) and the simple truth that I'm here all the bloody time stand for themselves.
Title: TOUAMB MVP for 2005
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 18, 2006, 05:24:55 pm
How does that thing eat? It has a face made for an animal 1/5th its size...
Title: TOUAMB MVP for 2005
Post by: CortJstr on January 18, 2006, 07:53:32 pm
OK Paul, the Newsbox campaign slogan is awesome. I've already cast my vote but still. Good show.
Title: TOUAMB MVP for 2005
Post by: wombat on January 18, 2006, 08:23:20 pm
The newsbox is not big enough for my campaign poster.  Curses!
Title: TOUAMB MVP for 2005
Post by: jough on January 18, 2006, 08:28:58 pm
I'd just like to point out that for a paltry $10 donation any one of the candidates can option a campaign message.  We're all about equal opportunities around here.
Title: TOUAMB MVP for 2005
Post by: miles on January 19, 2006, 01:10:09 am
If anyone needs a campaign manager, my evenings are now free for the most part, and I am well connected.  I know many very rich and powerful people.
Title: TOUAMB MVP for 2005
Post by: JorgeFabregas on January 19, 2006, 02:20:54 am
I don't really have an opinion in this matter. I would like to hear a voter's reasons for picking a given candidate.
Title: TOUAMB MVP for 2005
Post by: misterqueue on January 19, 2006, 02:41:19 am
Would kind of defeat the purpose in a way wouldn't it?  Secret ballots and all.

Either that or, you know what they say, if you don't know who to vote for.... 

*knowing smile (wipes?)*
Title: TOUAMB MVP for 2005
Post by: JorgeFabregas on January 19, 2006, 08:09:13 pm
It would defeat the purpose of secret ballots, but it would not defeat the purpose of the awards generally. I'm not asking everyone to divulge who they're voting for, just one or two people to make a case for a candidate. Obviously if I don't end up voting no harm will come of it.
Title: TOUAMB MVP for 2005
Post by: V-Adore on January 19, 2006, 08:53:12 pm
In the interest of fair voting, I will attempt to construct an argument for each of the nominees as MVP:

Arkabee: Sure, Arkabee isn't the most prolific poster, but when he does it is basically poetry. That, and he always has a novel viewpoint on the issues, and even when I don't agree with him, his opinions are thought-provoking. Definitely one of the most interesting people I've encountered on this board.

Bozack: Man, what can I even say about Bozack? He's the total package.
...
Okay, I'm not proud of myself. But seriously. He's funny, he's interesting, he has incredible stories, and he's a melancholy Batman. What's not to love?

Paul: Two words: picture posts. Two more words: flaming automobiles. One final word: MUSTACHE.

Side_show: Anyone good-natured enough to put up with being called "Smells" deserves your MVP vote. Seriously, though, side_show is in a lot of ways the emotional heart of the board. She's brright, honest, and genuinely caring towards a bunch of random weirdos met on a message board originally designed to discuss cartoon cats; there's something to be said for that.

Wombat: Wombat always surprises me with the sheer depth of her knowledge, both of small mammals and of non-small-mammal things. It's always a delight to discuss something with her.
Title: TOUAMB MVP for 2005
Post by: wombat on January 19, 2006, 09:05:57 pm
That is very nicely done, V.  Almost too nicely done.  Now I want to vote for everyone including myself, who was the only candidate I'd eliminated.
Title: TOUAMB MVP for 2005
Post by: jough on January 19, 2006, 10:30:30 pm
Please bear in mind that Wombat is the only one here so far with triple digit Dr Peppers.  That says a lot about the quality of her posts.

Bozack is a loveable little scamp - like the board's plucky kid brother.

side_show is a doll.  She usually has a very interesting and relevant story to tell that puts things into excellent perspective.  Plus, she has the second cutest avatar here.

Paul posts lots of photos, often in response to other people's posts.  He's the crazy uncle with the crazy mustache of the board.

Ark is like that shy cousin who introduced you to crystal meth.  He doesn't say much but it's a wonder when he does.  His posts are more akin to tone poems than blathering message board posts.

Then there's AugustWest, who was not nominated but probably should have been.  He's the snarky big brother of the board, always quick with a clever quip and then disappearing back into the shadows.

Clearly, the choice is obvious.
Title: TOUAMB MVP for 2005
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 19, 2006, 10:53:27 pm
.

Clearly, the choice is obvious.


Of course! Vote for AugustWest!
Title: TOUAMB MVP for 2005
Post by: AugustWest on January 20, 2006, 02:03:37 am
Now cut that shit out!

And what do you fuck*ng mean, snarky?  I'm not snarky!  I'm charming, dammit.
Title: TOUAMB MVP for 2005
Post by: JorgeFabregas on January 20, 2006, 02:35:57 pm
Thank you all for your assistance. You should sleep well tonight knowing that you are making democracy work.
Title: TOUAMB MVP for 2005
Post by: wombat on January 21, 2006, 01:03:51 am
My new campaign platform: My fellow citizens, vote for anyone but Wombat!  I have such a complex about my number of tiny cans, despite how much I love them, that I don't think I could stand winning anything else.  And I don't need anything else.  It wouldn't be fair.

Thank you.  We now return to your regularly scheduled programming. 
Title: TOUAMB MVP for 2005
Post by: JorgeFabregas on January 21, 2006, 03:39:49 am
But Brutus is an honorable man.
Title: TOUAMB MVP for 2005
Post by: arkabee on January 27, 2006, 12:36:00 am
thank you for the nomination.

i don't think i'm ever going to figure out how to turn all the new fangled crap off in this confarndelded damnable new message board thing with the shiny shiny and the flashy flashy and the stuff.

regardless, thank you.  i had an internet friend at one point, with whom we "fed" bots each other's posts to a NG we frequented.  unsurprisingly, my bot wrote better posts than i did. 

life is incredibly interesting at this moment in time.  the easiest real world example to show such is that ordinarily in a new year, i tend to use the last year's date for a month or two until i "get the hang of" the fact it's a new year.

so far, this year, i'm tending to date things 2007 instead.

So,
thank you for the nominiation,
but
cast your votes for those whose posts can not be replaced by idle chatter from bots whose dictionaries are created solely from posts of the past.
look to the future.
to the future.
the future.
Title: TOUAMB MVP for 2005
Post by: Bozack on January 27, 2006, 01:02:01 am
Yeah, uh, seriously, thanks a bunch. I'm really happy that people actually enjoy my posts and hideous stories. I'm glad you LAUGH AT MY TEARS.
Title: TOUAMB MVP for 2005
Post by: CortJstr on January 27, 2006, 01:13:54 am
Yeah, uh, seriously, thanks a bunch. I'm really happy that people actually enjoy my posts and hideous stories. I'm glad you LAUGH AT MY TEARS.

It's funny because it didn't happen to me.
Title: TOUAMB MVP for 2005
Post by: wombat on January 27, 2006, 01:15:11 am
Ark! You've come home!