The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: pmcd9 on January 16, 2006, 08:37:48 pm

Title: Disturbing Avatar Award
Post by: pmcd9 on January 16, 2006, 08:37:48 pm
I think this particular category requires that you post the nominated avatars so we can review the choices.

~Paul
Title: Disturbing Avatar Award
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 16, 2006, 09:47:39 pm
If the owners want to post the avatars, they can. Bobby's are old and if Jough still has access to them somewhere in the system, maybe he can do something. But us mere mortals can't get at non-active avatars.

Anyone wanting to work on this would be appreciated.
Title: Disturbing Avatar Award
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 17, 2006, 01:33:40 am
Bobby definitely went out on a limb for Disturbing Avatar with that one.
Title: Disturbing Avatar Award
Post by: wombat on January 17, 2006, 01:38:39 am
Mudokon doesn't have an avatar anymore. Help!  What did it look like? 
Title: Disturbing Avatar Award
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 17, 2006, 07:58:21 am
It looked like some kind of shriveled or really in need of moisturizer monster-mummy type thing. It was from some movie or show I hadn't heard of.
Title: Disturbing Avatar Award
Post by: wombat on January 17, 2006, 01:54:21 pm
If some people don't shape up, next year we're going to have an award for the person who posted the longest without coming up with a clever avatar.  And yes Miles I'm looking at you.
Title: Disturbing Avatar Award
Post by: miles on January 17, 2006, 03:11:27 pm
If some people don't shape up, next year we're going to have an award for the person who posted the longest without coming up with a clever avatar.  And yes Miles I'm looking at you.

Oh sheeit...
Title: Disturbing Avatar Award
Post by: wombat on January 17, 2006, 07:42:40 pm
Oooohhh dear....  I guess I asked for it.
Title: Disturbing Avatar Award
Post by: pmcd9 on January 18, 2006, 02:14:55 am
It looks like he got himself out of one catagory and into another.

~Paul
Title: Disturbing Avatar Award
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 19, 2006, 07:03:13 pm
Oh sheeit...

Finally, the first avatar (and avatar caption) originating from IRC!

Title: Disturbing Avatar Award
Post by: linnea on January 20, 2006, 02:47:01 am
I recall that some of you did not like the kittyloaf avatar that I have. I also had a dancing Scottish Fold head GIF that was found to be disturbing by several people (most notably joughytrousers). Thoughts? Comments?

Title: Disturbing Avatar Award
Post by: CortJstr on January 20, 2006, 02:49:34 am
How is kittyloaf disturbing? Answer: In no way whatsoever.

Also: retroactive tiny can for you.
Title: Disturbing Avatar Award
Post by: wombat on January 20, 2006, 03:05:18 am
Actually I do find it disturbing.  But in a cute way. 
Title: Disturbing Avatar Award
Post by: Roger on January 20, 2006, 03:40:35 am
Disturbingly cute or cutely disturbing?
It kind of reminded me of that classic Chuck Jones cartoon where the big dog falls in love with the little kitty and goes desperate when he thinks the kitty is being baked into a cookie...
Is that from http://www.meomi.com/ (http://www.meomi.com/)?
Title: Disturbing Avatar Award
Post by: V-Adore on January 20, 2006, 03:42:51 am
It only disturbs me in that it confuses me. I mean, what is it?! Besides anthropomorphic food?
Title: Disturbing Avatar Award
Post by: jough on January 20, 2006, 06:52:42 am
I did find the Scottish Fold one to be disturbing - maybe you could post it here again so people could see for themselves.

The kitty loaf reminds me of that Looney Tunes cartoon where the big lummox of a dog loved the little kitten and thought that it was baked into a cookie. That cartoon is one of the Saddest Things.  It's on the Golden Collection Vol. 2 DVD set.
Title: Disturbing Avatar Award
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 20, 2006, 05:22:44 pm
Well. no help now. Can't add it to the nominations. But when we do the awards thingie, the presenter maybe could do a retrospective of some of the more interesting avatars from the year gone by.
Title: Disturbing Avatar Award
Post by: Golfhaus on January 20, 2006, 07:54:32 pm
I recall that some of you did not like the kittyloaf avatar that I have. I also had a dancing Scottish Fold head GIF that was found to be disturbing by several people (most notably joughytrousers). Thoughts? Comments?

I had commented on it in that thread, but I didn't dislike it. I found it noteworthy... and I got at least one other person hooked on staring at it and saying "meowmeowmeow" in beat to the animation.
Title: Disturbing Avatar Award
Post by: mudokon on January 20, 2006, 08:22:32 pm
Hi, sorry, I'm back. Diabetes is hell on a guy. I've restored my avatar for the occasion.
Title: Disturbing Avatar Award
Post by: pmcd9 on January 21, 2006, 02:48:55 am
Yes I agree Mudokon.  I have diabetes in my life too.  It's all over my family.  I'm one of the fortunate ones that doesn't suffer from it.  But I know that it cold sucks a turd to have diabetes.

If I had diabetes I would probably die because diabetes means you can't eat oranges (much).

Here's me with my cousin (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/DSCN4263-E-1024.jpg) with blue hair at his punk themed 14th. birthday party last year.  He's been sticking needles in his arm (and elsewhere) several times a day since he was 2.

He had a beautiful birthday cake (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/DSCN4301_2_3_4-E-S.jpg) but his mother only let him have a sliver.  A Sliver!

~Paul
Title: Disturbing Avatar Award
Post by: side_show on January 21, 2006, 03:39:43 pm
Maaan.  That kid looks like such a sweetie.  It straight up blows that anyone has to stick needles in their arms and avoid deliciousness for the sake of not dying.  Boo to diabetes!  Fuck you diabetes!  Fuck you!
Title: Disturbing Avatar Award
Post by: pmcd9 on January 21, 2006, 05:16:55 pm
I forgot to add, welcome back Mudokon.  Good to see you.

Also, thank you  Side Show for not pointing out my obvious campaining.  I mean sheesh, pictures of my young cousin with diabetes, how gratuitous is that?  But in my defense, I knew I had to really step up to the plate after that chia pet story of yours.

~Paul