The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Carlos del Vaca on February 14, 2006, 07:20:30 pm

Title: Cartilage Head on the Metro
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 14, 2006, 07:20:30 pm
I'm on the Orange Line yesterday evening.  Crowded train.  I notice a very skinny Asian gentleman sitting a few seats away.  He has a long, thin face, and beady little eyes.  I don't think much of it.  But a few moments later I see him pushing in on his cheek with two fingers in a way that is odd and unnatural.  And it's all I can do not to burst out "HOLY SHIT IT'S CARTILAGE HEAD!  RIGHT HERE ON THE ORANGE LINE!"  I wanted to snap a picture on my camera-phone but I figured that would be rude.


Meta-note:  Should there be a thread for "Achewood references in my everyday life?"  I wanted to post something a few weeks ago about making a frittata and annoying my wife with webcominc references she doesn't understand (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05162002), but it didn't seem to warrant opening a thread.
Title: Re: Cartilage Head on the Metro
Post by: wombat on February 14, 2006, 07:34:55 pm
You had a camera phone and didn't take a picture!  How could you do that to us?

Also, I would like to declare this Opening a Thread With A Post Asking If You Should Open A Thread Day.   It's a movement.
Title: Re: Cartilage Head on the Metro
Post by: hoborg on February 15, 2006, 03:26:11 am
Man, practically the whole POINT of a camera phone is to take discreet spy-pictures. You can just like pretend you are playing a game or wave it around like you are trying to get good reception and you are stupid enough to think you can get good reception on a subway or that waving it around would help.

That is pretty cool, anyway. What city's orange line was this, if I may ask?
Title: Re: Cartilage Head on the Metro
Post by: CortJstr on February 15, 2006, 01:59:23 pm
Actually Verizon has the Metro system wired so this wouldn't look at all out of place. Except between Dupont Circle and Woodley Park where everybody know that reception drops out,
Title: Re: Cartilage Head on the Metro
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 15, 2006, 02:21:12 pm
And I was in the outdoor portion of the Orange Line when this went down, so I totally should have taken a picture.  Lame-ass me.

(This would be Washington DC's Metro.)
Title: Re: Cartilage Head on the Metro
Post by: Golfhaus on February 15, 2006, 02:57:59 pm
Now you know what you have to do, Carlos. Ride the Orange Line at that same time every night until you find him again,
Title: Re: Cartilage Head on the Metro
Post by: Beatrice on February 15, 2006, 03:03:16 pm
of COURSE C.H. is asian.  now it all makes so much sense!