The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: jough on February 15, 2006, 06:45:59 am

Title: Naked No More!
Post by: jough on February 15, 2006, 06:45:59 am
Hey kids,

I have not been around much this past week (thank you for noticing) because I have been busy launching a brand new t-shirt store (http://wordfront.com/wares/), Word Front Wares.

My friend and new business partner Chris Eagle and I have been talking about this for about ten years now, and finally we have done it.

New designs are still forthcoming, but shirts are available to ship immediately.

I'm sure I can trust your support.  Our shirts also make excellent presents.  Gift wrap service is available for a nominal fee.

Good day to you, Sir or Madame!
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: pmcd9 on February 15, 2006, 07:22:49 am
I didn't see any Great Outdoor Fight shirts.  Not one.


`Paul
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: Doc on February 15, 2006, 11:54:01 am
Yeah Jough, I hope you're not letting the MAN keep you down!
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: V-Adore on February 15, 2006, 02:20:09 pm
Wow, you're workin' some pretty rough chuckles there.
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: misterqueue on February 15, 2006, 03:09:34 pm
He's trying to get inside your head, y'know?
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: Golfhaus on February 15, 2006, 04:20:25 pm
Just out of curiosity, why are some shirts $19.99 and others $23.99?

And why are the ones I'm interested in $23.99?
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: jough on February 15, 2006, 04:34:13 pm
Some of them, like the ringer ts, just cost us more.  The prices are solely based on the base price of the items.  Also, multi-coloured designs cost a little more.   One item, the Ladies Baseball T, is hell of sexy, but it costs us more than regular t-shirts, so we have to mark it up appropriately.

That's a good question, though - I'll have to add it to the FAQ.

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE INTEREST AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SERVING YOUR SNARKY T-SHIRT NEEDS
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: Golfhaus on February 15, 2006, 04:35:59 pm
Not to take money out of Jough's hands or food off his table or nothing, but I'm all about the shirts at Threadless  (http://www.threadless.com/?streetteam=Golfhaus)right now.





(edit: mod link)
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: jough on February 15, 2006, 05:08:34 pm
Threadless has a lot of colourfull stuff, but I guess I don't "get" most of their designs.  They are just cartoons for cartoon's sake?

If Onstad doesn't offer a Great Outdoor Fight shirt soon, I may have to beat him to it.  The demand is just... too great...
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: pmcd9 on February 15, 2006, 05:19:49 pm
Threadless has a lot of colourfull stuff, but I guess I don't "get" most of their designs.  They are just cartoons for cartoon's sake?

If Onstad doesn't offer a Great Outdoor Fight shirt soon, I may have to beat him to it.  The demand is just... too great...

Hey i'll take a bootleg shirt.  I'll buy one from Onstad too.  I'm not sitting on the fence any longer, this is the greatest story arc.

~Paul
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: CortJstr on February 15, 2006, 05:55:29 pm
Not to take money out of Jough's hands or food off his table or nothing, but I'm all about the shirts at Threadless  (http://www.threadless.com/?streetteam=Golfhaus)right now.

The problem is many of them are only funny if you know the title, which isn't printing on the shirt. Like the Bellyflop one.
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: jough on February 15, 2006, 10:04:23 pm
Hey, if anyone's in San Francisco, my partner in this venture is going to be on KSFO 560 talk radio tomorrow morning.
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: Doc on February 16, 2006, 03:56:33 am
Oh man a bootleg underground GOF shirt would be the greatest thing ever.
Truly a raw expression fit for wearing by the common man.
But it would have to be hell of crappy, such as would be sold by the gossipy hot dog vendor at the GOF.
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: Ben-San on February 16, 2006, 05:43:27 am
Oh man a bootleg underground GOF shirt would be the greatest thing ever.
Truly a raw expression fit for wearing by the common man.
But it would have to be hell of crappy, such as would be sold by the gossipy hot dog vendor at the GOF.

My vote is for I Ride With Rodney (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01272006). Assuming of course that C.O. doesn't do it.
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: jough on February 16, 2006, 05:48:11 am
I'll have a really bad GOF shirt up by tomorrow.

And Education.
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: lprkn on February 16, 2006, 03:41:17 pm
Your Marlboro Men/Brokeback Mountain shirt had me in stitches. That is a shirt I would buy, if I had any money.

 :'(
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: pmcd9 on February 16, 2006, 04:20:52 pm
I'll have a really bad GOF shirt up by tomorrow.

And Education.

Hey it's tomorrow asshole.  If you wanna compete in the marketplace you gotta fulfill your promises.

Where's my GOF t-shirt.

~Paul
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: jough on February 16, 2006, 05:36:07 pm
Sheesh, Paul.  Patience.

The Great Outdoor Fight: Bootleg Edition

Black
(http://www.spreadshirt.com/image.php?type=image&partner_id=91632&product_id=1191026&img_id=1&size=big&bgcolor_images=white) (http://www.spreadshirt.com/shop.php?op=article&sid=24046&article_id=1093732#top)

White
(http://www.spreadshirt.com/image.php?type=image&partner_id=91632&product_id=1191031&img_id=1&size=big&bgcolor_images=white) (http://www.spreadshirt.com/shop.php?op=article&sid=24046&article_id=1093737#top)

Ladies Black
(http://www.spreadshirt.com/image.php?type=image&partner_id=91632&product_id=1191036&img_id=1&size=big&bgcolor_images=white) (http://www.spreadshirt.com/shop.php?op=article&sid=24046&article_id=1093742#top)

And EDUCATION.

Navy
(http://www.spreadshirt.com/image.php?type=image&partner_id=91632&product_id=1191041&img_id=1&size=big&bgcolor_images=white) (http://www.spreadshirt.com/shop.php?op=article&sid=24046&article_id=1093747#top)

Mellow Yellow
(http://www.spreadshirt.com/image.php?type=image&partner_id=91632&product_id=1191043&img_id=1&size=big&bgcolor_images=white) (http://www.spreadshirt.com/shop.php?op=article&sid=24046&article_id=1093749#top)

Ladies Navy
(http://www.spreadshirt.com/image.php?type=image&partner_id=91632&product_id=1191038&img_id=1&size=big&bgcolor_images=white) (http://www.spreadshirt.com/shop.php?op=article&sid=24046&article_id=1093744#top)

Both shipping immediately.  Both designs are limited editions to only 25 customers, or 25 shirts, whichever comes first (it updates the limit *after* a sale, so one customer can buy 100 shirts, and then they'll corner the market on them, I guess).  Special low price for TOUAMBies, too.

Enjoy!

Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: CortJstr on February 16, 2006, 05:38:21 pm
The links aren't working. Is there a problem or did they sell out just that fast?
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: jough on February 16, 2006, 07:08:54 pm
Hmm, they work for me, but you can go here to see the designs (http://www.spreadshirt.com/shop.php?sid=24046&p=37&op=articles) and buy there.
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: pmcd9 on February 16, 2006, 07:10:27 pm
Aren't bootleg shirts supposed to be cheaper?

~Paul
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: jough on February 16, 2006, 07:14:37 pm
Hey, there are still production and materials costs, man.  This is a designer limited edition garment, after all.  I could've gone with the cheaper lightweight t-shirts, and they would be really cheap, but they also are kinda crappy.
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: jough on February 18, 2006, 06:09:56 pm
Okay, with the official Achewood GOF shirts now available, the bootleg editions are going on Closeout.  Now only $15.99 for either GOF or Education shirts, now through Monday.

Get 'em before they're gone!  All shirts must go!
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: Doc on February 19, 2006, 11:18:41 am
Hey Jough, is there any way I can order a GOF shirt and delay payment until wednesday? I am happy to give you my credit card details et. al. now, it's just that it is a debit card and won't actually have any monies in it till weds. PM me if you can help a brother out?
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: jough on February 19, 2006, 03:55:09 pm
Doc, sure, I'll hook a homeboy up.  You've got a PM.
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: Golfhaus on February 20, 2006, 02:35:15 pm
Are the education shirts gone on monday too, or just the GOF shirts?
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: jough on February 20, 2006, 02:51:28 pm
Actually, due to technical reasons, both the GOF and Education shirts will be available through Wednesday, 22 February.
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: pmcd9 on February 20, 2006, 02:54:48 pm
Actually, due to technical reasons, both the GOF and Education shirts will be available through Wednesday, 22 February.

Is the technical reason that they are still in stock?

~Paul
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: acoxcae on February 20, 2006, 02:55:51 pm
That seems like the most likely reason to me.
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: jough on February 20, 2006, 02:59:44 pm
It is because I will tecnhically be away for two days and won't have time to remove them before sometime Wednesday night.

THE MORE YOU KNOW...
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: pmcd9 on February 20, 2006, 03:16:32 pm
Educacion (http://www.paulmcrae.com/FEATURES/SA_FOLK_ART_2005/IMAGES/1024/DSCN10309-E3-1024.jpg)

~Paul
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: misterqueue on February 20, 2006, 03:54:08 pm
Jeezus, these avatars are getting creepy.  I suggest that we all should adopt a creepy childhood avatar.


I mean just look at the jough paul conversation there, it adds a whole other level of nightmarishness.  Man oh man, I may have to up the ante here.
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: V-Adore on February 20, 2006, 03:55:54 pm
Man, I dunno about this childhood-avatar thing. Basically every picture of me taken for school when I was young makes me look like I have Down Syndrome, and I'm not sure I want to sell myself as, like, TOUAMB'S Trisomic Admin.

Maybe I could use the photo I'm using for Facebook, which is relatively recent but in which I look kind of drunk. (I was happy and having a weird hair day...)
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: pmcd9 on February 20, 2006, 03:57:23 pm
Man, I dunno about this childhood-avatar thing. Basically every picture of me taken for school when I was young makes me look like I have Down Syndrome, and I'm not sure I want to sell myself as, like, TOUAMB'S Trisomic Admin.

Maybe I could use the photo I'm using for Facebook, which is relatively recent but in which I look kind of drunk. (I was happy and having a weird hair day...)

You could post it anyway.  All we've ever seen of you is a glimpse from across the quad.

~Paul
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: wombat on February 20, 2006, 04:19:00 pm
WAAAHH!  I want Q's old avatar back!
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: misterqueue on February 20, 2006, 04:23:15 pm
WAAAHH!  I want Q's old avatar back!

You're probably right.  I look a bit much like a deer in headlights with this one.  I'll leave the amusing childhood avatars to the masters.  *humbly bows out*
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: jough on February 20, 2006, 04:44:18 pm
I guess I missed it, since it's back to Milk and Cheese now.

Post a link, Q?
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: misterqueue on February 20, 2006, 04:52:27 pm
It was just my face from this photo (http://www.misterqueue.com/caesar.jpg).

Which I believe I've linked to before. 
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: pmcd9 on February 20, 2006, 05:00:02 pm
It was just my face from this photo (http://www.misterqueue.com/caesar.jpg).

Which I believe I've linked to before.

Yeah, i've seen that before.  I think it's just precious.  Wombat you don't think Mr Q is precious?

~Paul
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: wombat on February 20, 2006, 05:15:39 pm
Yeah, i've seen that before.  I think it's just precious.  Wombat you don't think Mr Q is precious?

~Paul

Uh, yeah, precious is the first word that springs to mind...

I really like the milk and cheese guys.  Also I hate it when people change their avatars.  Can't anything be stable and predictable in this world, dammit?
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: misterqueue on February 20, 2006, 05:28:21 pm
Pftt womby, you know I'm basically like an angel.*

Also, I don't think the board would be the same without Bobby changing his avatar ever 2.2 seconds, so be careful what you wish for.


* Where angel = sick fuck.
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: wombat on February 20, 2006, 05:31:32 pm
Oh yes, of course Bobby is special.
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: Ben-San on February 20, 2006, 05:48:17 pm
My avatar is from the infancy of the comic book. Does that count?
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: V-Adore on February 20, 2006, 10:01:12 pm
My avatar is from the infancy of the comic book. Does that count?

Man, Slam Bradley always wins everything. Accept no substitutes!

Anyway, I love the creeping surreality of avatar conversations, given that avatar changes are retroactive, so almost immediately the conversation is incomprehensible. It's like crazy magic.
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: jough on February 22, 2006, 09:16:10 am
What do Dick Cheney and Lucky Pierre have in common, other than their combination after hours in the Oval Office? That's right, they're both featured in our weekly new designs!

To celebrate the one-week anniversary of the launch of Word Front Wares, we're having our first sale! For one week only (now through the end of February), get 10-15% off of everything in the store. Most shirts are now only $17.99! If we gave a bigger discount we'd have to give you the shirts off our backs!

We've also DOUBLED our inventory of available items, so now there is no reason not to buy one of each shirt we offer! Remember, new designs are added weekly.

http://wordfront.com/wares/

ALSO: TOUAMB.com The Great Outdoor Fight and Education shirts available for less than 24 more hours!  Get 'em before they're gone!  Now only $15.99, super closeout sale!
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: Emmoh on February 22, 2006, 05:00:49 pm
Holy shit.

A Happy Fun Ball shirt.

My day = made.
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: jough on February 22, 2006, 06:27:01 pm
We aim to please.

Also, remember the warnings about Happy Fun Ball in the description also apply to the shirt as well.  Be careful not to get it wet, or feed it after midnight.  Oh wait, that's for Mogwai.
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: jough on March 02, 2006, 05:09:55 pm
To celebrate the one two-week anniversary of the launch of Word Front Wares, we're having our first second sale! For two weeks only (now through the ides of March), get 10-15% off of everything in the store. Most shirts are now only $17.99! If we gave a bigger discount we'd have to give you the shirts off our backs!

Irish folk, take note! We're now shipping two new Irish-themed designs in PLENTY OF TIME for St. Patrick's Day. Get your orders in by March 10th to wear the green as you eat your corned beef and cabbage!

http://wordfront.com/wares/
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: Emmoh on March 05, 2006, 12:04:01 am
Testimony!

On Wednesday my orange "Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Ball" T-shirt arrived. I wore it for the first time last night. I was wearing a sweater over it, unfortunately, because in Chicago in early March, it is cold, but the handful of people I showed it to were kind fond of it. Unlike several T's I've ordered online, usually music related, the size was accurately depicted, and the fabric high quality and heavy duty. Thanks Jough & co.! A++++++++
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: jough on March 05, 2006, 07:15:12 am
Solid.

I am happy that you are enjoying your fine quality Word Front Wares garment.  We had the option to offer a lower-quality shirt that we could sell for lower prices sometimes found online, but I hate t-shirts that I can only wear 3 times and then have to throw away because they cannot survive simple wearing and washing.

Anyway, if you could send me a photo of you or some lithe, supple female wearing the shirt I would appreciate it.  I would like to put up photos of people wearing the actual products to show what a "scene" there is regarding our stuff.  I have a couple from a beautiful asian girl but I'll need more before it makes sense to post them online, you dig?
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: Emmoh on March 22, 2006, 03:24:31 pm
Oh my gosh...modeling...I never...but maybe...

Well, being a gentleman of gravity, I invested in the admittedly roomy XXL, so any lithe, supple female would have to be upwards of 7 feet tall in order to accurately depict the wares. Unfortunately for both of us, there are no women in my immediate social circle meeting such physical criteria that I would feel comfortable asking to do some modeling work for me, free of charge.

I'll happily take a couple of shots if the chance arises, I've only got a camera on my cell phone...but they come out pretty okay...*shrug*
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: Nabubrush on March 23, 2006, 09:16:50 pm
there are no women in my immediate social circle meeting such physical criteria that I would feel comfortable asking to do some modeling work for me, free of charge.


I'm a nice guy. And I don't know you. This is awfully tempting, though.
Title: Re: Naked No More!
Post by: Emmoh on March 27, 2006, 02:59:15 am
I'm a nice guy. And I don't know you. This is awfully tempting, though.

It took me 3 full days to get this.

"Is he mocking me for not knowing any seven foot tall women?"

"Is he suggesting that he IS, in fact, a seven foot tall woman and would like to model my Happy Fun Ball shirt?"

Then I read it strictly in context just now and it became clear.

Well played...I now must return to my huffing of noxious chemicals.