The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: pmcd9 on February 16, 2006, 09:38:31 pm

Title: Sun City
Post by: pmcd9 on February 16, 2006, 09:38:31 pm
Somewhere between San Antonio and Houston is this billboard (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/SUN_CITY/DSCN11050-E-1024.jpg).   It made me mad because I thought, wow, they are really not being very subtle are they.  Come live in Sun City, it's like old times here, you know just like Sun City in Africa, nudge nudge.  I've been seeing it every time I passed through and finally yesterday I snapped a picture of it. When I got home and got the picture on my computer I took a closer look at it and dude is black (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/SUN_CITY/DSCN11050-E2-1024.jpg), at least I think he is. Maybe.  So, uhhhh... nevermind I guess.

~Paul
Title: Re: Sun City
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 16, 2006, 09:52:32 pm
Say I, I, I, ain't gonna play Sun Citaaaaaaay.
Title: Re: Sun City
Post by: jough on February 16, 2006, 11:28:04 pm
Is he black?  He looks like a white dude with a Hamilton Tan.

Anyway, Sun City is such a common name for a town that I wouldn't read too much into it.
Title: Re: Sun City
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 16, 2006, 11:48:03 pm
He kind of looks like a light-skinded Ed Bradley.

That Del Webb guy has built like 20 different 'Sun City' communities. It's a pretty inocuous name in my opinion.
Title: Re: Sun City
Post by: robot_god on February 22, 2006, 06:48:26 am
I thought he was holding like a bluegiraffe, by its gills, but it appears that he has caught a dog.
Title: Re: Sun City
Post by: theinevitable on February 22, 2006, 12:34:33 pm
Hmm.
I don't believe I shall be moving into that community. the man is of questionable negritude, and I don't want my children meeting any people they can't immediately categorize

[/pseudoracism]


anyway, um, I'm guilty of doing the same thing. i misunderstood this one commercial, and spent like a week telling people how racist it was.

I felt like an ass when I realized that I was the only person who thought it was saying what I thought it was saying. mostly because I argued with people that it was racist, vehemently, for several days.