The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: misterqueue on February 24, 2006, 11:29:00 pm

Title: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: misterqueue on February 24, 2006, 11:29:00 pm
Well it's Friday and I'm going to be hitting the store on my way home for liquid shenannigans, because there's nothing more lame than Drunken IRC chatting.  (After I get done with the real people playtime of course).  So, sometimes I like to let random strangers decide how to let me slowly kill the largest organ in my body; it provides a sense of randomness I find sexy.

So go ahead.  I will buy whatever wins in the next.. oh I dunno.. hour.  (You may also suggest brands and/or that I fuck right off and shutup.  but I'm liable to call you on your love for me in the latter case.)
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: Hobot on February 24, 2006, 11:41:59 pm
Liquid shame.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: misterqueue on February 24, 2006, 11:44:52 pm
Pfftt.. I already have that in standard form, despite the fact that this topic argues against that rather heavily.

No no my dear, you simply will have to try harder.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: wombat on February 25, 2006, 12:02:30 am
I have a craving for mojitos which I demand that you vicariously satisfy.  You must buy sugar cane, and mint and a mortar and pestle to smash it up in.  Oh, and some kind of alcohol - Rum, yes, that's it.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: misterqueue on February 25, 2006, 12:04:45 am
So I have to have 1 mojito, 1 batch of liquid shame (so cold Mme Hobot, so cold), and 3 vodka based drinks.  I am ON MY WAY FOLKS!  Any further votes will be considered for tomorrow's drinking.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: jough on February 25, 2006, 12:13:52 am
My not try a big goblet of dignity?

It goes down a little bitter, but it finishes smooth.  That's clean livin' right there.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: Doc on February 25, 2006, 12:19:54 am
I object to your grouping foul bourbon in with purest scotch and whiskey.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: misterqueue on February 25, 2006, 12:56:19 am
My not try a big goblet of dignity?

It goes down a little bitter, but it finishes smooth.  That's clean livin' right there.

If I had that I wouldn't need the booze.

(Also, hobot already sucker punched me with this joke, do try and keep up oh all great and powerful jough)
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: misterqueue on February 25, 2006, 12:57:19 am
I object to your grouping foul bourbon in with purest scotch and whiskey.

Heh, it all depends on what you get.

Call me crazy but I'd take Knob Creek or Woodford Reserve over Wild Turkey or Southern Comfort any day.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 25, 2006, 01:17:34 am
Heh, it all depends on what you get.

Call me crazy but I'd take Knob Creek or Woodford Reserve over Wild Turkey or Southern Comfort any day.

Good to know you eschew Southern Comfort. You'd  get abused something awful if you included that ho-spew in a discussion of scotch and whiskey. It's classed as a 'liqueur' or 'cordial' and has peach blossoms or other such low shenanigans in it.

Personally, I think Bourbon is bad enough but some kind of girly peach-flavored bourbon 'cordial' should be criminal.

Also, the swill labeled as 'the grand old drink of the south' is cooked up in St Louis, Missouri. Go figure.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: lprkn on February 25, 2006, 01:24:30 am
Just kill you liver with whatever you like, dear, and the good Lord will provide.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: wombat on February 25, 2006, 01:36:25 am
has peach blossoms or other such low shenanigans in it.


Shocking!
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: misterqueue on February 25, 2006, 01:50:00 am
AD, they make that shit here?

Oh god... Oh god...


I need to move....
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: miles on February 25, 2006, 03:15:55 am
A mojito, yes.  I finally found a place here that will make it right!
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: robot_god on February 25, 2006, 11:50:47 am
Vodka.  In honor of tearing a face off, this evening I bought a Ketel One liter.

The store in which I was had Glenfidditch 15 year.  I almost bought it, because I've never been able to find it, but I wasn't prepared to spend so much.

I'll probably get a bottle of it this week.  I just turned twenty one and I've been buying alot of liquor.

Man, that store is wild, it has got this insane collection of single malts.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: misterqueue on February 25, 2006, 04:19:29 pm
Dear Chatroom,

I am sorry for comparing Penguins to Zeppelins last night apparently.

Sincerely,

Q

P.S. also for getting rambly at hobot.


And tonight is mardi gras so I will be all stumbling back late smelling of boobs... I may talk about zeppelins again, I should "hove some dignity"
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 25, 2006, 09:06:55 pm
And tonight is mardi gras so I will be all stumbling back late smelling of boobs... I may talk about zeppelins again, I should "hove some dignity"

Oh shit, if today is Tuesday I'm 4 hours late for work!
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: misterqueue on February 25, 2006, 09:10:33 pm
They're celebrating it here today for some reason.  I guess none of them know French.

Also I don't think I'm gonna go.  Not in the mood for drunken crowds that go WOOOOO not even for boobs.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: jough on February 25, 2006, 11:12:59 pm
I think the reason MisterQueue doesn't feel like a n00b is because he has read the entirety of our archives, so he is able to make board in-jokes like "hove some dignity" and seem like one of the old boys, even though in board time he is only such as a toddler.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: misterqueue on February 25, 2006, 11:21:01 pm
Barbed c*ck!  Placenta! 


Actually the hove was used on me by V back in my heydays (which is all of what, 4 months ago.)

Needless to say I have read all the archives, but, having that publicly available suddenly fills me with a strange sense of shame and pride.  I'll call it prame... or chide.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: Hobot on February 26, 2006, 03:10:13 am
Barbed c*ck!  Placenta! 


Actually the hove was used on me by V back in my heydays (which is all of what, 4 months ago.)

Needless to say I have read all the archives, but, having that publicly available suddenly fills me with a strange sense of shame and pride.  I'll call it prame... or chide.

Pfft, I've at least read those threads.

And Q, prame/chide is the defining emotion of life; embrace it.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: V-Adore on February 26, 2006, 04:39:49 am
I think the reason MisterQueue doesn't feel like a n00b is because he has read the entirety of our archives, so he is able to make board in-jokes like "hove some dignity" and seem like one of the old boys, even though in board time he is only such as a toddler.

Amusingly, when I used that one on Q, I recall the general reaction from the board being "what?" and "gosh, do they still uses flint-knapped memes in your cave?" Ergo, the data currently seems to indicate:

1) When I use "hove some dignity," I'm an incomprehensible dinosaur;
2) When Q uses it, he's a Johnny-come-lately; and
3) Maybe vodka would help us both.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: misterqueue on February 26, 2006, 05:06:39 am
Pfft, I've at least read those threads.

And Q, prame/chide is the defining emotion of life; embrace it.

I am embracing everything this evening.  It is the nature of the Q tonight.

I am like an Emporer Penguin.  OH SHIT, IT IS STARTING AGAIN!
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: misterqueue on February 26, 2006, 05:07:20 am
Amusingly, when I used that one on Q, I recall the general reaction from the board being "what?" and "gosh, do they still uses flint-knapped memes in your cave?" Ergo, the data currently seems to indicate:

1) When I use "hove some dignity," I'm an incomprehensible dinosaur;
2) When Q uses it, he's a Johnny-come-lately; and
3) Maybe vodka would help us both.

Awww.. poor V.  It is not I who has been stealing you cans.  Have some of mine.  They are filled with vodka.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: V-Adore on February 26, 2006, 05:28:03 am
Awww.. poor V.  It is not I who has been stealing you cans.  Have some of mine.  They are filled with vodka.

Delightful!

I'm imagining Dr.-Pepper-flavored vodka right now. It sounds like a wonderful concept, but it's late and I'm tired. Hopefully this too shall pass.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: Doc on February 26, 2006, 11:22:44 am
Hang on, just to clarify, wild turkey and southern comfort are bourbon right? At least, they are the only bourbons I am aware of, maybe this why I hate it so?

The best rule for drinking I ever heard was 'Scotch when it's cold, Vodka when it's hot' done me well for many a year. And for both Vodka and scotch as long as you don't get the ultra cheap stuff you're generally pretty alright whatever you drink but at the same time can get a noticable improvement if you want to splurge a bit.

I've been around slightly longer than Q, but don't know where the 'hove some dignity' thing came from, though I do recall it being referenced before. I am a failure at life.

Also, isn't chide actually a word already? As in being told off/warned against something but in a friendly kind of way.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: miles on February 26, 2006, 05:02:19 pm
Delightful!

I'm imagining Dr.-Pepper-flavored vodka right now. It sounds like a wonderful concept, but it's late and I'm tired. Hopefully this too shall pass.

Who is stealing V's cans?  Whoever it is, you will die.

Anway, the first time I ever got drunk, I drank shots of vodka, followed by Dr Pepper (or Mr Pibb) chasers.  It's not bad.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: misterqueue on February 26, 2006, 05:24:01 pm
<various things>

Southern Comfort, as AD points out is kind of a Liqueur.  Wild Turkey I guess is bourbon too, but only in the loosest sense.

In theory bourbon is supposed to be from Kentucky (plus a special recipe that only uses 1 process distilling IIRC, but hell it's been so long since I used education on this topic).

As to your other question: here is your answer. (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,847.msg15318.html#msg15318)
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: V-Adore on February 26, 2006, 07:38:58 pm
Anway, the first time I ever got drunk, I drank shots of vodka, followed by Dr Pepper (or Mr Pibb) chasers.  It's not bad.

I can see it being okay, yeah. I mean, I don't think I've ever encountered a soda that wouldn't go well with vodka that wasn't just intrinsically vile, like Cel-Ray Tonic or aloe drink, so why not Dr Pepper?
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: Tangle on February 26, 2006, 08:05:52 pm
How about some Champale (http://www.gono.com/beermagazineads/champale/c17.jpg)?

No idea if the stuff exists anymore (my guess: it doesn't), but love the ad campaign. "It's something else"  :D
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: V-Adore on February 26, 2006, 08:11:45 pm
How about some Champale (http://www.gono.com/beermagazineads/champale/c17.jpg)?

No idea if the stuff exists anymore (my guess: it doesn't), but love the ad campaign. "It's something else"  :D

"Kind of like champagne, but without the cost!" Hot damn! Sounds like just the thing for the "Let's Burn Our Graduate-School Rejection Letters" party! Shame about it almost certainly not existing anymore.

Upon Googling, apparently it's available under limited distribution by Pabst. (http://www.realbeer.com/edu/ask_realbeer/ask000162.php) Ho damn, I'm smelling a project.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: CortJstr on February 26, 2006, 08:56:00 pm
Jebus. What won't Pabst buy? Natty Boh? Check. Champale? Check. Next up: Clamato and the Jones holiday line.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: misterqueue on February 26, 2006, 09:12:26 pm
Jeezus, that reminds me of "The Champagne of Beers".
 (http://www.antiquemystique.com/images/5350_jpg.jpg)
*ping*Memory Flash*ping*

DRINKING STORY TIME!

So, I was a freshman living in the most rundown "Prole" dorm at a cheeseball college right?  What was a lowly journalism major (I didn't get the degree in journalism mind you, saw through that pretty quick) to do but use a weekend to reboot the system as it were.  The problem is that the legal age here is of course 21.  Pish tosh, says I, the hot girl down the hall of course has an older boyfriend for just this reason right?  Let us see if I cannot use my nice guy charm to convince her to convince him (to convince them ((to convince (((&c)))))) to get us SOMEthing. 

Problem 2: Our system is based upon capitalistic values of supply and demand.  In this country that's backed up by little green pieces of paper with imaginary value.  (Seriously, try running down to Fort Knox and asking to trade in your bill for a dollar's worth of gold.  I wanna see that.)  We had very very little of these pieces of paper and weren't too keen about using the school's color photocopier again.

We pooled our resources together and came up with meagre figures.  A whole 6 bucks between us.  So, the old college "Drinkin' Math" (1 + 1 = 140!) we determined that each of us as lightweights at the time could get down on 1 40oz a piece.  The other 2 dollars were handed to said gentleman so he could "Get something nice for himself".   We were just those kind of philanthropists.

What was our request?

Well here's where the next problem comes.  See, this guy was a Farmboy of the highest caliber.  I think he was from rural Arkansas if I remember properly.  Not to diss on farmboys from Arkansas or anything, he was a nice guy; but the matrices we operated within were not necessarily convergent IF YUO KNOW WHAT I MEAN!! 

"What d'y'all want?"  he inquired.

"Just get us a 40 of something good.  I don't care.. something acceptable."  I replied; my view was that, being that he was doing us a favor and we hadn't an assload of money; I shouldn't be in the neighborhood of Pickiness.  I instead resided in the grove of Modesty.

"Aaaaright.. Ah'll be raht back" he said smiling and walking off.

Wyatt (the friend who was procurring said cheap beer swill with me) and I jumped with freshman glee.  It was indeed a hootenanny in the hizzy tonight so we thought.

That is, until the boy from Arkansas came back.  He sort of swaggered in the room with a sly naive grin.  "Here ya go fellas," he tossed us two brown bags and left.

We tore them open, rabid wildchildren finding a morsel of food in a bag that they don't understand.  I grimaced as I saw mine first.

"The fuck*ng BEAST?!  We got the BEAST?!" I cried out once I knew he was out of earshot.  Milwaukee's Best, known as "The Beast" for it's absolute swill-like nature was something I'd encountered only once before in a can.  At that time, I took one sip, spit until I hacked up the very core of my soul, and cursed Milwaukee till my dying day; and now, here I was... faced with 40 evil ounces of the stuff.

Wyatt and I stared at each other.  We opened the bottles and smelled them (a mistake).  Wincing at the old shoe smell of bad hops and worse intent we took a pull.  I cannot describe to you my absolute horror.  It was like drinking urine out of someone's old dirty sneaker.

We both gagged.  It was rough times, simply because we could not complain.  Someone did us a favor, we didn't specify what to get, and now we were stuck with a desperate need to induce "partytime" unnaturally and we had to do it through something that tasted like chopped up supine ass shot through an old garden hose.

"Fuck this," I said standing, "I'm getting a shot glass."

It is the only beer I've ever had to shoot folks.  Hell, I used to be able to drink Old Crow straight on occasion if it was that kind of party, so I can take it, but this... this was just uncalled for entirely.

So there we sat.  Two sad sacks.  Our personal party reduced to us grimacing and just angrily doing shot after shot of this horrible golden liquid.  We didn't say much.  Just stared off into space until we'd drained the damn things.  Then I paused for a moment, feeling awful and not nearly drunk enough for this kind of stuff. 

"Well... I'm gonna go" I said and headed back to my own dorm room.  I went to bed right after that.  It was poetic justice I guess.


I'm sorry for rambling message board.  I will be good next time I promise.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: AugustWest on February 26, 2006, 09:13:22 pm
What was a lowly journalism major (I didn't get the degree in journalism mind you, saw through that pretty quick)

HEY!
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: misterqueue on February 26, 2006, 09:17:17 pm
HEY!

It is okay Attorney at Law.  You are a rad Internet friend.

You. Are. Rad.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: AugustWest on February 26, 2006, 09:17:35 pm
Also, you are an incredible pussy, because the Beast is nowhere near as bad as you make it out to be.  It's pretty drinkable for a low-end beer, you snotty little ethanol snob.

If presented with this situation again, tell the guy you want a 40 of the BULL. 

The Schlitz Malt Liquor Bull
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: AugustWest on February 26, 2006, 09:18:14 pm
It is okay Attorney at Law.  You are a rad Internet friend.

You. Are. Rad.

Oh great, way to make me feel guilty for posting something mean. 

Sigh.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: lprkn on February 26, 2006, 09:27:54 pm
Not only is Champale defunct, its brewery is now a brownfield (http://www.epa.gov/Region2/superfund/brownfields/champ.htm).
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: Hobot on February 27, 2006, 01:43:01 am
DRINKING STORY TIME!

Truly, that story is The Saddest Thing.

However, I used to get wasted on a mixture of whatever my friend could procure from her parents' liquor cabinet, kept in a Jones Soda bottle in her sock drawer for about a week, chased with Mountain Dew.

I was also dumb enough to drink some of said mixture (really, folks, it was anything and everything available in the cabinet) chased with water.  You may now feel free to laugh at my folly, because I threw up all night.  What made matters worse was that earlier that night, I had imbibed some red-coloured soda.  But worst of all was the fact that I threw up the red nastiness all over my parents' blue-and-white striped couch.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: misterqueue on February 27, 2006, 01:51:24 am
Truly, that story is The Saddest Thing.

However, I used to get wasted on a mixture of whatever my friend could procure from her parents' liquor cabinet, kept in a Jones Soda bottle in her sock drawer for about a week, chased with Mountain Dew.

I was also dumb enough to drink some of said mixture (really, folks, it was anything and everything available in the cabinet) chased with water.  You may now feel free to laugh at my folly, because I threw up all night.  What made matters worse was that earlier that night, I had imbibed some red-coloured soda.  But worst of all was the fact that I threw up the red nastiness all over my parents' blue-and-white striped couch.

The first time I got really and truly smashed.  I mean smashed till my name was Harold and I was dancing around in my boxers.  I was drunk on Hornsby (http://www.tapland.com/news_arc/?id=260&page=5)'s Cider.   It's like.. hell I dunno... apple beer.

The bottles are dark though, so you never actually SEE the cider.

Cut to like four hours later when I'm in the bathroom and expunging a viscous fluid the color of wine.  I freak the fuck out and run into the living room with the remnants of rinsing my mouth in the sink still stuck to my face.

I addressed all the guys in the living room with a horrified look on my face.

"Jeezus fuck*ng H. on a pogo stick guys.. I'm vomitting blood!  It was red!  Seriously!"

My friend Brian piped up from the couch where he was playing some video game, "Chill out Q, you drank hornsby's.  Hornsby's is red." 

"Oh..." I said, my worries wiped away like a newborns bottom after a diaper change, and sat down completely content.

"So... my turn yet?" I said.




In conclusion I feel your red vomitty pain and I am honored you would so much as share it.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: misterqueue on February 27, 2006, 01:53:00 am
Oh great, way to make me feel guilty for posting something mean. 

Sigh.

Hey, at least that means you're a good guy for feeling guilty.  Bobby wouldn't have even flinched.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: Doc on February 27, 2006, 07:38:00 am
I have only vomitted from drinking once. It involved a bottle of black douglas, my friend who kept playing the funeral song from the end of 'waking ned devine', a sudden urge to make peanut butter biscuits and someone mentioning right before I went to bed that I hadn't tried to beat my record for skulling a pint of guiness in a while. 
Suffice it to say I love my girlfriend very, very much and she still hates the smell of peanut butter.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 27, 2006, 03:10:33 pm
Bourbon is good.  I will take Dr Peppers from anyone who says otherwise.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: slink on February 28, 2006, 12:34:42 am
I ended up with a bottle of some 16 year old speyside from the Society. Haven't tried it yet, but the comments said 'sugar puffs and fig pigs'. I'm not really sure what fig pigs are, so I'll be intrigued to find out. The one I really wanted was £100 a bottle, but had a list of flavour notes a mile long. It just sounded ludicrously complex, although also fairly amazing. One day...
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: Doc on February 28, 2006, 08:24:53 am
I fear you not Sir Del Vaca!

I think I should probably try to find some decent bourbon now so I can find out if I actually like it or not but I suspect I wouldn't, I just tend to not like very sweet liquours. Even Baileys which is a favourite I can't stand to have too much of.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 28, 2006, 03:20:22 pm
I think I should probably try to find some decent bourbon now so I can find out if I actually like it or not but I suspect I wouldn't, I just tend to not like very sweet liquours. Even Baileys which is a favourite I can't stand to have too much of.

Maker's Mark is my usual, though my last trip to the liquor store I got a bottle of Elijah Craig, which was also quite nice.  Knob Creek is good stuff too.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: misterqueue on February 28, 2006, 03:23:47 pm
See also Woodford Reserve.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: AugustWest on February 28, 2006, 03:36:52 pm
Bourbon is not sweet.  If you are judging bourbon from drinking Southern Comfort, you're being sadly misled.

Southern Comfort is to bourbon as Drambuie is to Scotch, although Southern Comfort is nowhere near as tasty as Drambuie.

About the only way I can tolerate Southern Comfort is mixed with ginger ale or 7up.  Otherwise it's just too cloying.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 01, 2006, 12:21:35 am
True. Southern Comfort is like some kind of really nasty syrupy medicine.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: Doc on March 01, 2006, 09:48:20 am
These are encouraging words, now to find some good bourbon half way around the world from kentucky. Out of curiousity where is wild turkey on the spectrum?
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: misterqueue on March 01, 2006, 01:15:14 pm
Out of curiousity where is wild turkey on the spectrum?

Low brother, like all kinds of low shenanigans.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: pmcd9 on March 01, 2006, 03:47:50 pm
Low brother, like all kinds of low shenanigans.

I think you mean high, as in so high you wake up next to something scary.  Or in a ditch.  Or in Jail.

~Paul
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 01, 2006, 04:12:01 pm
Wild Turkey was Hunter S Thompson's drink of choice.  While driving.  At night.  With a gun in his other hand.

That's about all you need to know.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: AugustWest on March 01, 2006, 05:37:45 pm
Low brother, like all kinds of low shenanigans.

Wrong.  Wrong.  Wrong.

Wild Turkey is good, you fuck*ng ethanol snob.  Don't make me come over there.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: misterqueue on March 01, 2006, 05:44:39 pm
Wrong.  Wrong.  Wrong.

Wild Turkey is good, you fuck*ng ethanol snob.  Don't make me come over there.

There's no accounting for taste.


Even if the godlike HST loved the stuff, I gotta draw a line in the sand somewhere.

I'm not saying it's Old Crow bad, mind...

And Burroughs drank Old Crow, so you know.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: Doc on March 02, 2006, 02:00:32 pm
Just wondering, WT seems to be the go-to bourbon round these parts, not a big friend of mine but at least better than the ol' Comfort. Maybe I should just stick with metho mixed with fanta and and filtered through a stocking covered in boot polish (an ex-christian brother taught me that one).
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: miles on March 03, 2006, 04:46:18 am
Doc, your avatar is really creeping me out.  I think we have a winner for next year's Touambies.
Title: Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
Post by: Doc on March 04, 2006, 02:53:57 pm
Thanks Miles, he is kind of an intense fellow isn't he? Just staring at him caused the following backstory to spring to mind: He is an ostracised youth who has longed for a particular young lady from afar, inspired by movies and other popular culture he turns up spontaneously on her doorstep to take her to the prom, convinced that in reality she must have noticed him too and their love is destined to be. Note the eyes that don't quite look in the same direction, those the the eyes the girl's mother has to look into as she explains 'Sarah left over half an hour ago with her boyfriend Danny... no I'm sorry she's never mentioned you.'
The moral here is that while life may be a story we tend to be the comic relief when we think we are main characters.