The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: lprkn on February 25, 2006, 06:53:46 am
-
Don't know how many of you were aware of this, but Onstad edited for the Stanford Chaparral, a humor publication.
Some of his work. (http://chappie.stanford.edu/staff/Chris%20Onstad/)
Just to make sure, I searched the board for incidences of 'Chaparral'. Hey, I tried.
-
Did you try 'Stanford'?
http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,977.0.html (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,977.0.html)
-
stanford folderol is more like it
-
Did you try 'Stanford'?
I am shamed.
Oh well, people that haven't seen it before will at least get a chance.
-
Sorry, lp, but someone was gonna do it. I was just awake the earliest.
-
Thanks for searching the board first, though, that's considerate. N00bs, take your example here - if you don't want to read all 57,000 posts, doing a search is a good way to prevent yourself from being duplicative.
This board has pretty much gone over everything Onstad including a fantastic incident of a n00b spending way too much time pondering whether the O is a man of gravity.
-
This board has pretty much gone over everything Onstad including a fantastic incident of a n00b spending way too much time pondering whether the O is a man of gravity.
Ah, yes, the Worst First Effort. Way to go, Kai!
Anyway, personally I don't mind newbies occasionally duplicating posts if the post itself is not intrinsically obnoxious. It's considerate to do a board search, but duplication will happen anyway, so let's just go with it.
What amazes me about the Stanford stuff is that he reused some of the content later for the Variety Hour (may its rest never be disturbed). Talk about phoning it in!
-
Hey, this board's existence is due to the Variety Hour being a dud. I remember how Onstad was downright indignant if anyone posted something about not liking the Variety Hour.
Indignant.
-
And that was what made it fun.
Clearly, the time of the Variety Hour has not come, and Onstad is ahead of his time.
-
Oh yeah, that must be it.