The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Doc on February 26, 2006, 01:28:27 pm

Title: By request
Post by: Doc on February 26, 2006, 01:28:27 pm
I was reading an IMDB forum and some troll posted this (http://www.zonicweb.net/badalbmcvrs/kenbyreq.jpg) saying it was a 'sneak preview' from the set of an upcoming movie. I'm sure they thought it would only annoy people but to me that link is pure joy, look at that fellow, he has it going on.
And when you look at the next directory up you get this (http://www.zonicweb.net/badalbmcvrs/).

Just thought I'd share. Go about your business.
Title: Re: By request
Post by: Tangle on February 26, 2006, 06:46:20 pm
I love that the album's name is By Request Only. Somehow that cracks me up the most. Ken's really got it goin' on in the hair department, though.

Staying with the theme, this (http://www.zonicweb.net/badalbmcvrs/riot.jpg) is the stuff nightmares are made of. Do not click if hung over or otherwise easily traumatized.

And Zip Zap Rap is of course an all-time classic, you gotta give it up for Devastatin' Dave the Turn Table Slave. Unfortunately I was unable to find the cover at the site right now, it's easily enough found via Google though.
Title: Re: By request
Post by: V-Adore on February 26, 2006, 07:42:38 pm
Oh, man, my day is made. I've only started browsing this, but I'm not sure anything can top this (http://www.zonicweb.net/badalbmcvrs/richardandwillie.jpg) (not safe for work, school, or human beings).
Title: Re: By request
Post by: misterqueue on February 26, 2006, 08:29:28 pm
This reminds me of this (http://www.ubu.com/outsiders/365/) from a couple of years ago.  I'm a sad sack who has them all locally, but some of them aren't all that great.  Others however are... completely mindbogglingly amusing/good.

Enjoy.
Title: Re: By request
Post by: Tangle on February 26, 2006, 08:49:12 pm
This reminds me of this (http://www.ubu.com/outsiders/365/) from a couple of years ago.  I'm a sad sack who has them all locally, but some of them aren't all that great.  Others however are... completely mindbogglingly amusing/good.

Enjoy.

Thank you Mister Q, you just gave me my soundtrack for work tomorrow.  :D

That electronic organ advertisement alone was worth the price of admission. Multi-ply Mahogany; Looks Well In Any Room!
Title: Re: By request
Post by: misterqueue on February 26, 2006, 08:56:14 pm
Half of the fun is reading the stories behind the songs.  Like the Bob Vido one is superb.

But you're quite welcome, it was a fun trip going through all of those the first time I did.  :)
Title: Re: By request
Post by: pmcd9 on February 26, 2006, 10:28:30 pm
Oh, man, my day is made. I've only started browsing this, but I'm not sure anything can top this (http://www.zonicweb.net/badalbmcvrs/richardandwillie.jpg) (not safe for work, school, or human beings).

I see pictured Richard, Funky Honkey, and Nasty Nigger.  Willie must be the one getting the BJ.

~Paul
Title: Re: By request
Post by: Doc on February 27, 2006, 12:53:56 am
Personally I found their top 10 to be very spotty, the first few were just silly or stupid then like four gems and then number 1 was just 'oh a nude 12 year old'.
Title: Re: By request
Post by: Hobot on February 27, 2006, 03:00:11 am
Doc, I did not know the origin of your Batman avatar until yesterday.  I am glad that I understand this one right away, because clearly you have a knack for picking little pictures with hilarious backstories.  Bravo, sir.
Title: Re: By request
Post by: theinevitable on February 27, 2006, 05:25:20 am
so...
will it ever stop being cool to like things that are lame? the whole "ironically liking things" thing is getting really old.

or at least, the fact that its so ubiquitous. napoleon dynamite! chuck norris! anything from the 80's!
argh!
Title: Re: By request
Post by: misterqueue on February 27, 2006, 05:28:48 am
so...
will it ever stop being cool to like things that are lame? the whole "ironically liking things" thing is getting really old.

or at least, the fact that its so ubiquitous. napoleon dynamite! chuck norris! anything from the 80's!
argh!


Pssst.. that's been going on for a LONG LONG time.  So no, it won't stop.  It will just change what sort of things it "ironically" likes, I hope you find this helpful.
Title: Re: By request
Post by: Doc on February 27, 2006, 06:57:18 am
Thankyou for your kind words Hobot but I would have thought it was obvious that I changed it because you found out. I always have to stay one step ahead.

I think there's a difference between 'liking' something because it's lame and thinking something is funny as hell because it's lame. This definitely falls into the second category for me, I think it's the internet equivalent of Funniest Home videos or a blooper reel or something, which doesn't actually make me feel too good about myself when I put it like that.
For the record Napoleon Dynamite was awesome, just because all the characters were lame doesn't mean it was a lame movie.
Title: Re: By request
Post by: Tangle on February 27, 2006, 12:27:18 pm
Half of the fun is reading the stories behind the songs.  Like the Bob Vido one is superb.

But you're quite welcome, it was a fun trip going through all of those the first time I did.  :)

Oh man. The Space Lady. BASICALLY LIKE TREASURE.
Title: Re: By request
Post by: V-Adore on February 27, 2006, 12:44:25 pm
I continue to be amazed that "Metal Tit" (http://www.zonicweb.net/badalbmcvrs/metaltit.jpg) isn't a Photoshop. I mean, what?
Title: Re: By request
Post by: Tangle on February 27, 2006, 12:53:21 pm
I continue to be amazed that "Metal Tit" (http://www.zonicweb.net/badalbmcvrs/metaltit.jpg) isn't a Photoshop. I mean, what?

And seeing as every Kickass Metal Band must have an umlaut in the name, might as well put it BETWEEN THE LETTERS H AND K. I'll see your "what" and raise a "the hell?!"
Title: Re: By request
Post by: AugustWest on February 27, 2006, 04:14:27 pm
I think the reason Napolean Dynomite is a good movie is although the characters are lame, they are lame in a very familiar way.  That is, we know somebody the same kind of lame as each of the characters, or recognize a little of that lameness within ourselves.
Title: Re: By request
Post by: birkensocks on February 28, 2006, 12:46:22 am
understanding marx (http://mediamogul.seas.upenn.edu/pennsound/authors/365/365-Days-Project-01-06-red-shadow-understanding-marx-1975.mp3) will straighten out your head (OH YES IT WILL)/ more than anything that you'd have read
freud's a fraaaud aaaaand skinner's of no useeee
READ MARX AND LENIN IT WILL REALLY TURN YOU LOOSE

--
bless you, mr. q
Title: Re: By request
Post by: lprkn on February 28, 2006, 01:55:33 am
That just made my day. It's like 'School House Pinko'.

I also get the feeling that none of the people that are in the song have ever had a job for over 2 hours.