The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: jough on February 26, 2006, 05:41:10 pm

Title: Night Stalker, Ralphie's Dad Darren McGavin dies at 83
Post by: jough on February 26, 2006, 05:41:10 pm
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060226/ap_en_tv/obit_mcgavin;_ylt=AqwO4JWY3Ors2Nn9lXUmo0ms0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3YXYwNDRrBHNlYwM3NjI-

Maybe Zart will come back to make his avatar a kind tribute to the man.
Title: Re: Night Stalker, Ralphie's Dad Darren McGavin dies at 83
Post by: miles on February 26, 2006, 06:33:56 pm
He was a great actor.
Title: Re: Night Stalker, Ralphie's Dad Darren McGavin dies at 83
Post by: AugustWest on February 26, 2006, 06:55:20 pm
The scene at the end of A Christmas Story where he watches Ralphie open his BB gun gets to me every time.  snuf
Title: Re: Night Stalker, Ralphie's Dad Darren McGavin dies at 83
Post by: side_show on February 27, 2006, 12:55:29 am
See, when I heard a mini-soundbite on the radio this morning that "The Night Stalker" was dead, I thought  that the serial killer of the same name  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Ramirez) had died.  And when I scanned the other posts, I was confused, especially by why Aug would be touched by a serial killer/rapist giving anyone a gun.  I remember the dad from Christmas story, so thank you... for the education.