The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Science & Nature => Topic started by: V-Adore on March 08, 2006, 09:56:33 pm

Title: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: V-Adore on March 08, 2006, 09:56:33 pm
"Divers have discovered a new crustacean in the South Pacific that resembles a lobster and is covered with what looks like silky, blond fur." Seriously, check this shit out. (http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/science/03/08/furry.lobster.ap/index.html)

It looks more huggable than I'm totally comfortable with in a crustacean, truth be told.
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: misterqueue on March 08, 2006, 10:10:57 pm
Ia! Ia! He is risen!
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: Limmo on March 08, 2006, 10:11:30 pm
I saw that this morning and my first thought was "I wonder what it would taste like dipped in melted butter."  

I am a bad person.
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: AugustWest on March 08, 2006, 10:22:27 pm
It wasn't a rock.  It was a Rock. Lobster.
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: pmcd9 on March 08, 2006, 10:25:13 pm
I wonder what it would taste like dipped in melted butter.

I guess you're not alone.  The article describes the creature as being "about the size of a salad plate."  Interesting choice of words there.

~Paul
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: jough on March 08, 2006, 11:17:36 pm
People, do you regularly eat things that are fuzzy?

Think about this.
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: misterqueue on March 08, 2006, 11:21:13 pm
People, do you regularly eat things that are fuzzy?

Think about this.

Peaches, Kiwi, luscious nubile ladies, Raspberries even have a little fuzz.  I'm just sayin is all.
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: Hobot on March 08, 2006, 11:51:28 pm
Its arms remind me of those monkey keychains (http://www.luggageonline.com/Images/luggage/KP/KPAC2096_lg.jpg).
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: wombat on March 09, 2006, 12:05:45 am
People, do you regularly eat things that are fuzzy?


Cute little baby cows?  An occasional bunny?
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 09, 2006, 12:18:41 am
Lambs
Bunnies


The tastiest cute things are fuzzy.

I don't think we're in danger of overgiraffeing a lobster that lives 1 1/2 miles deep and 900 miles south of Easter Island, though. Tasty though they might be.
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: Nabubrush on March 09, 2006, 03:04:07 am
Actually, lots of crustaceans that people eat presently have varying amounts of fuzz on them. Not like Fabio up there, but some, anyway.
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: Doc on March 09, 2006, 12:15:47 pm
You know someone somewhere is paying huge amounts to eat one of these right now.
Someone like Ray.
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: Tangle on March 09, 2006, 01:29:45 pm
If there isn't a band named Fuzzy Lobster, there should be.

Fuzzy Lobster.

Would also work as:

- name of a mafia dude
- name of an alcoholic drink
- euphemism
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: pmcd9 on March 09, 2006, 02:00:33 pm
Actually, lots of crustaceans that people eat presently have varying amounts of fuzz on them. Not like Fabio up there, but some, anyway.

Note to self, stop drinking when you read a Nabu post.

~Paul
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: Nabubrush on March 09, 2006, 04:49:14 pm
Fuzzy Lobster.

- name of an alcoholic drink


This would basically be peach schnapps, tequila, the juice of six lemons, and a shot of syrup of ipecac.
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: Drygioni on March 09, 2006, 07:54:18 pm
It wasn't a rock.  It was a Rock. Lobster.

Put on your noseguard!
Put on the Lifeguard!
Pass the tanning butter!
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 09, 2006, 08:12:04 pm
I want to work that into a pickup line.

Hey baby, I want to pour my butter on your fuzzy lobster.
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: AugustWest on March 09, 2006, 08:18:13 pm
Hey baby, I want to pour my butter on your fuzzy lobster.

I can practically hear Robert Plant singing that.
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: Tangle on March 09, 2006, 08:34:27 pm
I want to work that into a pickup line.

Hey baby, I want to pour my butter on your fuzzy lobster.

A lot better than "I want to put my log in your fireplace", at any rate. Oh, that wacky Gene Simmons.
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: Roger on March 09, 2006, 09:08:02 pm
A lot better than "I want to put my log in your fireplace", at any rate. Oh, that wacky Gene Simmons.

Cause when I go through her, it's just like a hot knife through butter, ooh yeah

And that's old Gene at his wackiest.
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: misterqueue on March 09, 2006, 09:29:35 pm
Some time ago friends of mine and I, completely by accident, began to engage into ridiculous euphamistication (Yes I realize that isn't a word AD).  Anyway, it started out fairly innocently:

Sending Santa down the Chimney
Basting the Turkey
Using the Play-Doh Factory
Overflowing the Buffers

Then migrating to the vaguely disgusting:

Plunging the two tiered toilet
Stuffing the Roast Beef
Sluicing the Killing Floor (Suggested by my friend Alan, who may be even more disturbing than I)
Impaling the Fleshwindow

And finally, into an area I like to think of as my favorite, the completely nonsensical:

Having tea with the Bass player from Ratt
Inducing a sense of self-loathing the likes of which one is unable to conceive of normally
Eating the world's largest pizza
Adding extra bleach to the wash because you really like that shirt with the stain on it

And finally we also called it Tony; because that is a nice name.


You may continue to talk about your mollusks or what have you now.  Thanks for reading.
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: Nabubrush on March 09, 2006, 09:32:44 pm
Euphemysticism?
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: Hobot on March 09, 2006, 09:33:33 pm
I want to work that into a pickup line.

Hey baby, I want to pour my butter on your fuzzy lobster.

My favourite pick-up line of all time:

"I wish you were my homework, because then you'd be hard and I'd be doing you on my desk."
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: CortJstr on March 09, 2006, 09:39:02 pm
And finally we also called it Tony; because that is a nice name.

Wow. Tony really is a super hero and fully deserves a theme song.
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: Drygioni on March 09, 2006, 09:39:29 pm
''I'm aching for your purple headed womb ferret''

Thanks, Kate Winslet.
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: Tangle on March 09, 2006, 09:48:06 pm
This discussion has taken a disturbing turn, of which I am slightly sorry.

but mostly amused and delighted
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: misterqueue on March 09, 2006, 09:57:24 pm
Euphemysticism?

I believe the phrase you're looking for is pastamancery.
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 09, 2006, 10:23:07 pm
Some time ago friends of mine and I, completely by accident, began to engage into ridiculous euphamistication (Yes I realize that isn't a word AD).  Anyway, it started out fairly innocently:


Some head injuries do improve with time! Congratulations.
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: V-Adore on March 09, 2006, 10:42:36 pm
I'm surprised nobody's pointed out

Impaling the Fleshwindow

yet, which is a brilliant euphemism because a) it invents a nonsense word, and b) it is significantly less pleasant and discreet than "having sex" or "fuck*ng." I love dysphemisms!
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: slink on March 10, 2006, 02:47:17 pm
They found another (http://www.kermitage.com/graphics/collectibles/Action%20Figures/Series%205/PepePhoto1.jpg).

The claws made me think of him straight off.
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: Nabubrush on March 10, 2006, 04:28:23 pm
They found another (http://www.kermitage.com/graphics/collectibles/Action%20Figures/Series%205/PepePhoto1.jpg).

The claws made me think of him straight off.

That's heartbreakingly beautiful.
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: side_show on March 11, 2006, 06:07:51 am
What's that?  You call sex Tony?  Well have I got a Toni  (http://virtualphotoresume.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=36)for you! (note the third Theatre credit down).  And no she's not six feet tall as listed on her resume - more like six feet, three inches - at least. 
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: misterqueue on March 11, 2006, 08:25:59 am
What's that?  You call sex Tony?  Well have I got a Toni  (http://virtualphotoresume.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=36)for you! (note the third Theatre credit down).  And no she's not six feet tall as listed on her resume - more like six feet, three inches - at least. 

Tony is a nice name.  That's all I was saying.

For the night I have be frightened into eunuch nature.. it will only last for an hour or so, but it is not your Toni that scared me so; worry not.
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on March 12, 2006, 06:18:54 pm
Does this lobster also stick to magnets? (http://www.killfile.org/~tskirvin/mirror/lobsmag.swf)

Right claw north, left claw south!
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: V-Adore on March 12, 2006, 08:12:44 pm
Does this lobster also stick to magnets? (http://www.killfile.org/~tskirvin/mirror/lobsmag.swf)

Right claw north, left claw south!

Thank you, sir; you have made me smile. That Flash video has been a classic since young times.

(Well, relatively young times.)
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: theinevitable on March 13, 2006, 02:20:41 am
hobot, that was the most brilliant pickup line I've ever heard.

and I really want to use it, but it doesn't work coming from a guy.

I used it on #####*****, and he said "and on the desk." so.
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: Doc on March 13, 2006, 11:32:25 am
Hobo you glorious bastard, I've been wondering where that was for ages. The site I originally saw it on took it down or moved it or some such and I never found it again (google, what is this google you speak of?)
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: Bozack on March 13, 2006, 08:41:07 pm
My vote is definitely for "eating the world's largest pizza."
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: Hobot on March 13, 2006, 10:19:38 pm
hobot, that was the most brilliant pickup line I've ever heard.

and I really want to use it, but it doesn't work coming from a guy.

I used it on ******#####, and he said "and on the desk." so.


Option 2, for the Fellas: "I wish I were your homework, because then I'd be hard and you'd be doing me on your desk."

Now go, fly from your computer, and USE IT!
Title: Re: Holy crap, a fuzzy lobster
Post by: theinevitable on March 13, 2006, 10:41:29 pm
making it passive! brilliant!

I honestly had not thought of that. Wow.

but wait!! Isn't that implying that the mere presence of the girl doesn't make the male in question?

"I must be your homework, because I'm pretty hard... and I see myself being done on your desk in the future."

maybe?