The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Nabubrush on March 09, 2006, 09:18:46 pm

Title: The Velveteria
Post by: Nabubrush on March 09, 2006, 09:18:46 pm
So the wife and I went out to eat at our local Cuban restaurant (Pambiche) the other day, and we parked about a block away, right in front of The Velveteria (http://www.portlandmercury.com/portland/Content?oid=35664&category=22127). I don't know if we just have a dearth of good topics to write about locally, but here's another article (http://www.portlandtribune.com/archview.cgi?id=33796). This (http://www.flickr.com/photos/maisonbisson/102290788/) is the front window. Photos aren't allowed, but this guy (http://www.flickr.com/photos/maisonbisson/102290497/in/photostream/) isn't one for following rules. Unfortunately, there is no picture of the sign on the door that proudly proclaims "Esperanto spoken here" (this is for Asherdan).

Also, the citysearch review (http://portland.citysearch.com/review/11339489) of the restaurant in question, and, given that it's Portland, a review of the restrooms (http://www.restroomratings.com/reviews/restroom20.htm). "Dropping a yucca root", indeed.
Title: Re: The Velveteria
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 11, 2006, 03:46:28 am
I saw the title of this, and expected it to be about a restaurant that served dishes made with Velveeta.
Title: Re: The Velveteria
Post by: miles on March 11, 2006, 03:48:57 am
Dude, I totally read that subject and thought it was going to be a Velveeta owned cafeteria, which would be a good pairing with my future restaurant, Spam Cafe.
Title: Re: The Velveteria
Post by: AugustWest on March 11, 2006, 04:12:33 am
my future restaurant, Spam Cafe.

Will there be Vikings?
Title: Re: The Velveteria
Post by: miles on March 11, 2006, 04:32:32 am
No.  No, there will not be Vikings.  I'm not playing this for yuks.  I'm serious.
Title: Re: The Velveteria
Post by: AugustWest on March 11, 2006, 05:15:56 am
No.  No, there will not be Vikings.  I'm not playing this for yuks.  I'm serious.

So does that mean you won't be promoting your restaurant through the use of mass unsolicited e-mails?
Title: Re: The Velveteria
Post by: wombat on March 11, 2006, 11:26:02 am
So does that mean you won't be promoting your restaurant through the use of mass unsolicited e-mails?

Oh, say it ain't so.