The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: ferocious j on September 08, 2003, 07:44:55 pm

Title: an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
Post by: ferocious j on September 08, 2003, 07:44:55 pm
I dreamed that I was reading Achewood, and I saw this strip, which will have to be rendered in some kind of script form.  Also, I don't remember the exact wording of Lyle's lines, so those have been [bracketed].

-----------------------------------

--- PANEL ONE of THREE ---

Teodor and Lyle are hanging out.  It seems like Teodor is interviewing Lyle for us.

TEODOR: So Lyle, [something about Lyle's newly-acquired stolen gumball collection]?

--- PANEL TWO of THREE ---

TEODOR: Is there anything you'd like to say to whoever stole it in the first place?

LYLE: (faces the audience, flips the bird) Fuck you!

--- PANEL THREE of THREE ---

TEODOR: What are you going to do with it now?

LYLE: [something about chewing the gumballs and spitting them at passing cars]

-----------------------------------

I have zero explanation for this.  It just happened.  At least I remembered to write it down.
Title: an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
Post by: andalucia on September 08, 2003, 08:29:57 pm
Obligatory comment:

Better than Variety Hour, at least.

*apologies*
Title: an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
Post by: jough on September 08, 2003, 08:35:24 pm
Wow, you wrote an Achewood fan script based on a DREAM you had.

You've just raised the bar on board dorkiness.  Way to go.
Title: an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
Post by: ferocious j on September 08, 2003, 08:56:07 pm
No, you misunderstand.  I dreamed this strip in its entirety.  That is, whatever engine that runs while I'm asleep that creates my dreams also created this strip.  My conscious mind had absolutely nothing to do with it.  I, while dreaming, saw this strip, in the dream that I had.  While I was asleep.

Has everybody done this, or what?
Title: an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
Post by: andalucia on September 08, 2003, 09:12:31 pm
Not that exactly, but the geekiest kind of dream I have is one where I remix a song in my sleep, adding or taking away instruments etc, and then wake up and wonder where I heard that rad acoustic version of X Sonic Youth Song.
Title: an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
Post by: beverly on September 08, 2003, 09:25:23 pm
man, last night I had another lucid dream; that's 2 nights in a row.  I've been flying quite a bit.
Title: an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
Post by: jough on September 08, 2003, 09:27:17 pm
Precocious J:

I understood.  But you're still a dork. ;)
Title: an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
Post by: jay-ell on September 08, 2003, 10:28:13 pm
Quote from: "jough"
You've just raised the bar on board dorkiness.  Way to go.


How's this for raising the bar?  

(http://mywebpage.netscape.com/jldunston/dreamwood.jpg)
Title: an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
Post by: ferocious j on September 08, 2003, 11:05:12 pm
This made me laugh so hard.  The whiskey bottle!  Whiskey!
Title: an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
Post by: Paisley on September 08, 2003, 11:30:26 pm
Re: jl dunston's reimagining of ferocious j's dream:

The eyebrows are what makes it. The JD bottle, too, but it's all about the eyebrows.

Good job.
Title: an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
Post by: andalucia on September 08, 2003, 11:55:14 pm
Yes, I believe we can consider that particular bar officially raised.
Title: an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
Post by: AugustWest on September 09, 2003, 01:14:32 am
Quote from: "Paisley"
but it's all about the eyebrows.



Hey now, that's my line.
Title: an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
Post by: jough on September 09, 2003, 01:46:32 am
Wow.  JL, that's awesome.

Was that an actual strip that you just changed the words to (it would be better if you used the font Onstad uses for his strips - Blue Highway - want me to e-mail it to you?) but that's just wonderful.

It's still not funny, but you did the best you could.

You uber-geek you.
Title: an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 09, 2003, 01:50:18 am
I was thinking, cool, now we can find out something once and for all:

If a guy comes to your door, Jough, and hands you an envelope and says something like "Joe Dempsey, you are hereby served" then we will note that the legend himself saw his copyright desecrated.

Not that Onstad would care, I don't think, but it is kind of a funny scenario to think about.
Title: an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
Post by: jay-ell on September 09, 2003, 01:51:25 am
I pulled together two different strips.  I didn't have time to find the proper font (I didn't know the name) but if you e-mail it to me I'll touch up the .jpg sometime.  There are a few sloppy things I need to touch up anyway -- lines that didn't get erased properly, etc.  

I think it's funny.  It's amazing how Ferocious mangaed to capture Onstad's unique style in his sleep.  It's a testament to...well...something.
Title: an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
Post by: pmcd9 on September 09, 2003, 02:01:32 am
Say Ferocious, you think tonight you can dream up an alt text for that thing.

~Paul
Title: an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
Post by: V-Adore on September 09, 2003, 02:17:27 am
"and Pat will never know what happened to his prized antique gumballs"
Title: an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
Post by: jough on September 09, 2003, 02:36:52 am
"And Mr. Bear will never know what happened to his collections of Gumballs Shaped Like European Nations"

If the summons says "Joe Dempsey" I'll tell 'em they got the wrong guy, and break out some I.D.

My name isn't pronounced like "Jeff" either.  Nice try, though.
Title: an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 09, 2003, 03:54:47 am
At the risk of starting a long thread speculating on the speech patterns of non-existent process servers, I'll just say I was figuring what the process server would say. I don't actually know for real what your name is....or I would have served you alrea

never mind.

PS let's all thank Ferocious J (and the resident Hot Chick)  for the ONLY serving of Achewood we're going to get (since Thursday!!) before some time (hopefully) tomorrow.
Title: an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
Post by: AugustWest on September 09, 2003, 04:07:21 am
Quote from: "jough"
"And Mr. Bear will never know what happened to his collections of Gumballs Shaped Like European Nations"

If the summons says "Joe Dempsey" I'll tell 'em they got the wrong guy, and break out some I.D.

My name isn't pronounced like "Jeff" either.  Nice try, though.


Is it pronounced "Jimnoffski" or "Throat Warbler Mangrove"?

Meh.  It doesn't matter.  You'll always be "Jeff" to me.  As in "Burger Chough and Jough"
Title: an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
Post by: jough on September 09, 2003, 05:56:45 am
It's pronounced "Raymond Luxuryacht."
Title: an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
Post by: CortJstr on September 09, 2003, 06:10:34 pm
I could've sworn it was Rameses Niblick the Third, Kerplunk Kerplunk, Whoops, Where's My Thribble
Title: an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
Post by: ferocious j on September 09, 2003, 06:56:28 pm
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Say Ferocious, you think tonight you can dream up an alt text for that thing.

Sadly, the dreambrain did not furnish me with additional Achewood goodies.  My own personal conscious attempt would be something like:

"Halfway through the first batch, Lyle gets too drunk to care, and then passes out."

Sub-par, I know.  :?
Title: an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
Post by: side_show on September 09, 2003, 07:18:42 pm
wow it's achewood meets slow wave
Title: an Achewood strip I somehow dreamed
Post by: The Wonderous Me on September 11, 2003, 03:11:51 pm
ferocious j just hover your penis over your pillow ( I think) and the alt text will appear in a yellow window above!!