The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Gimpson on March 13, 2006, 04:48:46 pm

Title: Anybody watchin' that mob show? (spoilers)
Post by: Gimpson on March 13, 2006, 04:48:46 pm
My biggest complaint about last night's premiere of The Sopranos was that it was interrupted for about five minutes while the emergency alert system told us that we were (still) under tornado warning.  There was no way we could turn off the emergency alert.  Come on people, priorities. 

Anybody watching the show?  Personally, I think that people being hanged/hanging themselves is the thing I like to see in TV/film the very least.  Towards the end of last season, I was still convinced that Junior was faking his Alzheimers, but I guess tonight's episode pretty much laid that to rest.  Obviously Tony isn't going to die before tomorrow's episode, but how much is being laid up going to affect his hold on things?  From tonight's episode, it seems like he pretty much had the mutiny in the ranks under control before the shooting.  What precedent has there been for loss of influence while out of commission due to an injury?

Thoughts, anybody?
Title: Re: Anybody watchin' that mob show? (spoilers)
Post by: Limmo on March 13, 2006, 05:40:45 pm
What precedent has there been for loss of influence while out of commission due to an injury?

In the context of The Sopranos, none except for the first few episodes, when Jackie Aprile was dying of cancer.  His death resulted in a brief Tony / Junior turf war, but while he was alive people didn't fuck around.

In real life, I found myself thinking of Woodrow Wilson and "Mrs. Wilson's Stewardship."  (http://www.trivia-library.com/a/the-other-28th-president-edith-bolling-wilson-part-1.htm)

Title: Re: Anybody watchin' that mob show? (spoilers)
Post by: Nabubrush on March 13, 2006, 05:51:59 pm
Anybody watching the show?  Personally, I think that people being hanged/hanging themselves is the thing I like to see in TV/film the very least.

I used to watch that show (although I basically don't watch tv because the job and constant travel make it impossible to keep up). I stopped because personally, watching guys beat the shit out of women is the thing I like to see the least, and Christopher basically became a character I could not stand to watch.