The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: pmcd9 on March 14, 2006, 05:54:39 am

Title: GOF T-Shirts
Post by: pmcd9 on March 14, 2006, 05:54:39 am
I got mine...

We're standing by the fence inside the acres (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/GOF/DSCN11420-E-1024.jpg).  I like this shot (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/GOF/DSCN11419-E-1024.jpg) better, but you can't see the shirts so good. We weren't really fighting mad (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/GOF/DSCN11423-E-1024.jpg).

~Paul
Title: Re: GOF T-Shirts
Post by: lprkn on March 14, 2006, 06:47:43 am
It would appear that your ire is directed toward the bearer of the camera.

There should have been a progression: first, noticing the camera; then moving toward the camera, and finally, camera points to the sky as an out-of-focus man's face is ripped off.
Title: Re: GOF T-Shirts
Post by: jough on March 14, 2006, 06:47:56 am
Hey, looks good, Paul.

ANOTHER SATISFIED CUSTOMER (http://wordfront.com/wares/)
Title: Re: GOF T-Shirts
Post by: Nabubrush on March 14, 2006, 03:50:32 pm
Hey, looks good, Paul.

ANOTHER SATISFIED CUSTOMER (http://wordfront.com/wares/)

I sort of wish the golden shower one was a bumper sticker.
Title: Re: GOF T-Shirts
Post by: pmcd9 on March 14, 2006, 10:17:50 pm
Paul, I hope you're camera work shared here never becomes old hat. Thanks for sharing.

I'm not wearing a hat, but thanks.

(just warn me when folks go sans trou)

You'll be the first to know.  Actually, hasn't that already occured?

~Paul
Title: Re: GOF T-Shirts
Post by: Nabubrush on March 16, 2006, 03:26:20 am
You'll be the first to know.  Actually, hasn't that already occured?

~Paul

You know, I just re-read that thread recently. Those were crazy times.

WOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOO!
Title: Re: GOF T-Shirts
Post by: jough on March 16, 2006, 04:01:26 am
ALSO: I owe Jough an apology. I sent 'stad money for crap when I would feel better sending Jough money for crap.

Jough, you have good crap. It's damn near craptacular, even.

Man, I'll take the Pepsi challenge with Onstad's crap any day of the week, and twice on Thursday.

Plus, we have new mugs and penispads now (http://wordfront.spreadshirt.com) - does Onstad have those?  Hm?
Title: Re: GOF T-Shirts
Post by: hungoverdrawn on March 16, 2006, 01:27:05 pm
Can I just go OT and ask Paul what wax/product (if any) he uses on his 'tache - or do they just grow like that? ???

I'm growing mine at the moment and have one that goes up and one that goes down. So not a good look.
Title: Re: GOF T-Shirts
Post by: pmcd9 on March 20, 2006, 05:56:59 am
Can I just go OT and ask Paul what wax/product (if any) he uses on his 'tache - or do they just grow like that? ???

I'm growing mine at the moment and have one that goes up and one that goes down. So not a good look.

We don't allow off topic discussions on this board.

But we do allow pictures, you knew there would be pictures...

I use a product called Clubman (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/DSCN11559-E-1024.jpg).  I buy it at Sally Beauty Supply, but I don't know who else may carry it.

I see from yous sig you like The Thieves (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/DSCN7669-E-1024.jpg).  One really nice thing that came out of Hurricane Katrina is that I was able to discover The Theives (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/DSCN8991-E-1024.jpg).  You see, they were scheduled to perform in New Orleans the night the storm hit so they wisely stayed in Houston where they had performed the night before.  Since they were hanging around with nothing to do they came over and played at the Katrina Refief benefit I attended.  They really rock out old school and I enjoyed the shit out of watching them play.  Reminds me of Bends era Radiohead which i'm sure isn't a coincidence seeing as they share the same hometown.

~Paul


Title: Re: GOF T-Shirts
Post by: jough on March 20, 2006, 06:11:14 am
Oh man, I love the Bends era Radiohead.  I'll have to check out The Thieves.  Thanks guys.
Title: Re: GOF T-Shirts
Post by: hungoverdrawn on March 20, 2006, 11:40:37 am
Thanks Paul. That shit is insane! :o

Seems like Amazon UK sell it through a third party, just need to decide whether to go with 'neutral' or 'chestnut' for my CUNT blond (read: ginger) whiskers.

And The Thieves reminded me more of Deep Purple and early-Status Quo psych-rock than Radiohead, but it's good stuff. It's true about Oxford (along with Manchester, Glasgow and pretty much all of Northern Ireland) producing musical talent way out of proportion with population.
Title: Re: GOF T-Shirts
Post by: Nabubrush on March 20, 2006, 04:05:28 pm
I like that people from those two places are referred to as Mancunians and Glaswegians.
Title: Re: GOF T-Shirts
Post by: hungoverdrawn on March 20, 2006, 05:27:11 pm
Don't forget "Oxonians" (A native or inhabitant of Oxford).

My personal favourite isn't English though: Monégasque for someone from Monaco, anybody?
Title: Re: GOF T-Shirts
Post by: Drygioni on March 20, 2006, 08:04:22 pm
It's true about Oxford (along with Manchester, Glasgow and pretty much all of Northern Ireland) producing musical talent way out of proportion with population.

Manchester has got a pretty damn huge population, and Glasgow is the biggest city in Scotland so I guess it ties in with the whole 'famous bands relative to population' thing. Can't explain Northern Ireland, but STIFF LITTLE FINGERS came from there and so any population concerns is kind of superfluous.