The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Science & Nature => Topic started by: Carlos del Vaca on March 16, 2006, 05:16:06 pm

Title: Roomba Nation
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 16, 2006, 05:16:06 pm
Roomba cockfighting. (http://www.sfbg.com/40/24/x_techsploitation.html)

Roomba Frogger. (http://news.com.com/Roomba+takes+Frogger+to+the+asphalt+jungle/2100-1043_3-6049922.html)
Title: Re: Roomba Nation
Post by: Drygioni on March 16, 2006, 05:32:56 pm
That's just fantastic. A very expensive way to play Frogger with though. Damn, I want one so badly. Attach a knife to the top and you've got your own personal machine of ankle stabbage and death.
Title: Re: Roomba Nation
Post by: V-Adore on March 16, 2006, 09:51:13 pm
Quote from: the first article
Goddamn, who doesn't love a *****ic vacuum cleaner cockfight?

Damn straight, man. Daaamn straight.

Man, now I'm picturing The Great Indoor Roombafight. "THREE DAYS -- 900 SQUARE FEET -- AS MANY ROOMBAS AS WE CAN MANAGE"
Title: Re: Roomba Nation
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on March 17, 2006, 04:38:23 am
The best part is that the Roombas would clean up the dead ones as they sweep along. Sucking up dead Roomba parts like the cannibalistic warriors they are!

Another idea would be to have a racial fight. Roomba (http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/images/14243en_lgimage2.jpg) versus Scooba (http://www.makezine.com/blog/SCOOBA%20hi%20res-1.jpg)
Title: Re: Roomba Nation
Post by: Golfhaus on March 21, 2006, 12:50:32 pm
Quote
"Get pictures of it now because it's not going to look like this" for long, said Kyle Machulis, an expert in "teledildonics"--sex toys that are controlled remotely via the Internet.

THAT IS AWESOME.
Title: Re: Roomba Nation
Post by: CortJstr on March 21, 2006, 02:08:29 pm
THAT IS AWESOME.

Shit dude, there's a whole blog (http://blog.wired.com/sex/) in Wired that's all about the teledildonics.
Title: Re: Roomba Nation
Post by: Hobot on March 21, 2006, 02:58:53 pm
Not to kill the mood, but isn't Roomba Frogger kind of hazardous?  I'd hate to be the one to hit the damn thing.  I could foresee myself swerving out of the way to avoid hitting it, and getting into an accident.

Roomba cockfighting is, however, the Sport of Champions.  The shark fin detail is brilliant.

They should totally attach a board with a nail through it.
Title: Re: Roomba Nation
Post by: Drygioni on March 21, 2006, 05:30:07 pm
Not to kill the mood, but isn't Roomba Frogger kind of hazardous?  I'd hate to be the one to hit the damn thing.  I could foresee myself swerving out of the way to avoid hitting it, and getting into an accident.

The Frogoperators just have to be EXTRA careful. I admit though, if I could drive and I saw a real 'Frogger' competition, I would crash the car.. out of laughter.
Title: Re: Roomba Nation
Post by: jough on March 21, 2006, 09:43:14 pm
They should totally attach a board with a nail through it.

Ah, but if they do that, then their competitors will attach even bigger boards, with bigger nails, and soon the earth will destroy itself.
Title: Re: Roomba Nation
Post by: pmcd9 on March 21, 2006, 09:47:40 pm
They should totally attach a board with a nail through it.

Hobot, will you please hammer a nail through a board and take a picture of yourself weilding said weapon?  That would be nice.  Will you do that for us?

~Paul
Title: Re: Roomba Nation
Post by: jough on March 21, 2006, 10:02:32 pm
Paul, is WhoresWithBoards.com charging too much for a membership now?

Surely there are other ways for you to get off?

Although Hobot, if you're taking requests, you've got a PM... ;)
Title: Re: Roomba Nation
Post by: misterqueue on March 21, 2006, 10:12:50 pm
Paul, is WhoresWithBoards.com charging too much for a membership now?

Surely there are other ways for you to get off?

Although Hobot, if you're taking requests, you've got a PM... ;)


Is MisterQueue gonna have to choke a bitch?

I will climb water towers to defend Mme Hobot's honor if necessary, that is just the kind of time I have.
Title: Re: Roomba Nation
Post by: jough on March 21, 2006, 10:17:26 pm
I think you meant Mlle Hobot, unless she has children we're not aware of, or is married to Mr. Hobot or something.

Anyway, who said Hobot had honour, dude?  But yeah, go climb a water tower if you want.  Just don't jump up and down on it like Earl and his brother.
Title: Re: Roomba Nation
Post by: misterqueue on March 21, 2006, 10:19:20 pm
Actually I really just wanted an excuse to use the phrase "choke a bitch" and this seemed as good a time as any.

I have resolved to start saying it more this year and I like to meet my goals.


GO ME!
Title: Re: Roomba Nation
Post by: Hobot on March 21, 2006, 10:27:29 pm
I am neither married nor a mother, but I prefer the authoritative sound of "Madame."  I command respect, damnit – and I have hell of honour.

So, while I may just take up the request to photograph myself wielding a board with a nail through it, I will do so in a classy manner while fully-clad.  Sorry to disappoint.
Title: Re: Roomba Nation
Post by: wombat on March 21, 2006, 10:40:10 pm
So, while I may just take up the request to photograph myself wielding a board with a nail through it, I will do so in a classy manner while fully-clad. 

Don't encourage them, Madame.  It is a slippery slope.
Title: Re: Roomba Nation
Post by: jough on March 22, 2006, 03:47:28 am
Here's a maxim to live by, ladies: if you post it on the internet, and you look even reasonably female in the photo, someone, somewhere, will beat off to it.

If that's your thing, then vaya con queso.

Also, you are a bot that is a Ho'.  How much honour is there in automated ho'factoring?
Title: Re: Roomba Nation
Post by: pmcd9 on March 22, 2006, 04:44:02 am
So, while I may just take up the request to photograph myself wielding a board with a nail through it, I will do so in a classy manner while fully-clad.  Sorry to disappoint.

I had expected some type of bowery costume such as befits your handle.

~Paul
Title: Re: Roomba Nation
Post by: Hobot on March 22, 2006, 05:20:54 am
I had expected some type of bowery costume such as befits your handle.

~Paul

Oh, my response was mainly directed at jough; I know you're a gentleman, Paul.

As soon as I find the time and the necessary ingredients (hammer, board, and nail), this photographic session will come to pass.
Title: Re: Roomba Nation
Post by: Doc on March 22, 2006, 09:43:42 am
It's not even like you'll need to take the picture yourself, as soon as you pick up a board with a nail somewhere, somehow Paul will take a picture of it.
Title: Re: Roomba Nation
Post by: wombat on March 22, 2006, 12:53:27 pm
Here's a maxim to live by, ladies: if you post it on the internet, and you look even reasonably female in the photo, someone, somewhere, will beat off to it.

Maybe we should just think of this as, um, heartwarming?  Boys will be boys, and all. What would we do without them?
Title: Re: Roomba Nation
Post by: misterqueue on March 22, 2006, 01:11:54 pm
Boys will be boys, and all. What would we do without them?

My guess is vibrators and other ladies mostly.... mostly.
Title: Re: Roomba Nation
Post by: CortJstr on March 22, 2006, 02:13:34 pm
My guess is vibrators and other ladies mostly.... mostly.

Until the species died out, anyway.
Title: Re: Roomba Nation
Post by: Hobot on March 22, 2006, 03:02:17 pm
Until the species died out, anyway.

It's not much of a loss.
Title: Re: Roomba Nation
Post by: misterqueue on March 22, 2006, 03:20:37 pm
ZING!
Title: Re: Roomba Nation
Post by: Nabubrush on March 23, 2006, 09:19:08 pm
Until the species died out, anyway.

I'll wager there's enough sperm stored away that all males could be wiped out tomorrow and the species would do just fine.
Title: Re: Roomba Nation
Post by: V-Adore on March 23, 2006, 11:09:31 pm
I'll wager there's enough sperm stored away that all males could be wiped out tomorrow and the species would do just fine.

Well, why else do sperm banks exist? Lesbians -- pfah! Clearly it's all a failsafe in the event of the Amazon Apocalypse, which thousands of terrible movies assure me is right around the corner. That's also why we have those strategic Makeup and Bikini Reserves deep in the Southwestern desert.
Title: Re: Roomba Nation
Post by: Nabubrush on March 23, 2006, 11:15:37 pm
I'm all for the Amazon Apocalypse as long as they give up those bows.
Title: Re: Roomba Nation
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 23, 2006, 11:59:27 pm
Will it be death by Snoo-Snoo? (http://www.tv.com/amazon-women-in-the-mood/episode/15023/summary.html)

Well, why else do sperm banks exist? Lesbians -- pfah! Clearly it's all a failsafe in the event of the Amazon Apocalypse, which thousands of terrible movies assure me is right around the corner. That's also why we have those strategic Makeup and Bikini Reserves deep in the Southwestern desert.

So why don't they use the bikinis and makeup now?
Title: Re: Roomba Nation
Post by: Nabubrush on March 24, 2006, 12:19:28 am
The Amazon I'm with does.
Title: Re: Roomba Nation
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 24, 2006, 12:34:04 am
All I can say in terms of the Snoo-Snoo then is, what are you all waiting for?
Title: Re: Roomba Nation
Post by: V-Adore on March 24, 2006, 12:48:02 am
The stuff in the reserves is strategic makeup and bikinis for the post-apocalyptic future -- you know, so the bikinis are all metallic and spiked and stuff. Too dangerous for everyday use, these bikinis must be deployed only after the Amazon Apocalypse or other sexy emergencies!

(I think I'm gonna stop now. This is getting perilously close to being terrible Mad Max fanfiction, and I've been working so hard just to get beyond Thunderdome.)
Title: Re: Roomba Nation
Post by: theinevitable on March 26, 2006, 09:47:15 pm
damn, Hobot.
I always though it was more like "hobo-bot", not "whorebot".

I am shocked at you.

Also: the correct response was to get someone to post as "Mr Hobot". Or even, just make a post like this:

Quote
Hello, gentlemen. This is Hobot's husband, Mr Hobot. Please stop asking her to post pictures of herself, even naked ones. Only I get to look at her secret junk. Thanks. -- Mr Hobot

So you see guys, I am married. Please listen to him, he has anger management problems and schizophrenia. He once beat a man to death because he tried to buy me a cup of coffee

anyway...