The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: nuero on March 20, 2006, 08:28:43 am
-
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03202006
Ray's gonna try to overthrow the Fight?
-
At the least, he will earn a prominent place in Fight history for challenging the Jeeps.
-
It looks that way. To those of you who called a showdown with the tower yesterday: you guys called it.
Become the ruling body, dude!
-
The Son of Rodney will face down all comers! Savage!
Man, either ending at this point is awesome: Ray and Beef taking the Jeeps down, with battle-cries of "I... AM... RUUUUUDE!" all the while, or Ray and Beef in Heaven, joking over Stellas over the entire business. Rad.
-
Can.. can you tear a face off a Jeep?
-
Can.. can you tear a face off a Jeep?
You can certainly get all up on its grill.
-
Is that RLS grabbing a key in the last panel?
The dude so cold he ran over his son.
-edit- The dude so raw. Crap.
-
Is that RLS grabbing a key in the last panel?
Wouldn't be too surprised. Guy's a bit of a jerk. How do you figure it's him, though? The paws are indistinct to me.
edit: Oh snap, the wristband! Great call.
-
The black wristband/watch/whatever, I'd assume.
-
Oh man, this one made me LOL.
The keys being grabbed in the last panel just made me lose it. Also, notice the hand on the left is wearing a black wristband. Could it be FoSoRod?
Ninja edit: Damn you, oball. And two more people posted while I was editing that. Jesus H. Bartholemew Christ, people.
ALSO: Now Ray is starting sentences with "The Hell..."
-
ALSO: Now Ray is starting sentences with "The Hell..."
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02152006 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02152006)
-
Is that RLS grabbing a key in the last panel?
-edit- The dude so raw. Crap.
Well, he is tall and lean, sharp and clean*. Cold's not too far off. Plus you get leeway for being the first to point out RLS's potential Rayicide.
*ain't nobody dope as he.
-
Yeah, okay, nicely CJed, but I still think that syntax began only with the introduction of FoSoRod and the Fight.
Go ahead motherfucker, prove me wrong.
-
Yeah you guys called it, and looking at it it's the only way for it to go isn't it? Beef would be ready to go with the flow but once Ray decides he ain't taking Beef down there's no arguing with him. Also I know I over-referenced this in the lead up to GOF debate as to whether Ray would be man enough for the Fight but we know Ray has history when it comes to taking apart cars.
I get the feeling that if Ray and Beef win it is going to mark the end of the Fight, as in forever. Once someone has taken down the Jeeps what's the point? How can you ever better that?
edited silently in the night becuase my spelling was such as a three year old child writing on his bed sheets with a crayon
-
Arguably, Beef deserves to be cold ran down.
... Well, hmm, I guess the next strip will determine whether or not he karmically deserves it.
-
Gettin ready for some cold Mad Max style action here. This is what happens when you try to force rules between the tightest of friends.
Fuck
You
Rules
-
Arguably, Beef deserves to be cold ran down.
... Well, hmm, I guess the next strip will determine whether or not he karmically deserves it.
I don't think a childhood dream coming to life by means of helping one's best friend and excersizing one's developed gifts deserves karmic retribution. That part of the leg heals fast!
-
Maybe I'm the only one seeing the irony, of how beef entered the fight by mowing down somebody.....and it's possible they'll leave the same way. Interesting...
-
I like it. Beef gets run down, Ray engineers the 4 other Jeeps crashing/burning, and Rodney steps out of his ride to finish it Man-Style, and then...
-
The Schweitz triplets got nothing but wooden poles to mark their graves. This is what you get when you fight the Fight.
-
called it (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2622.msg58800.html#msg58800)
-
called it (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2622.msg58800.html#msg58800)
Just because you spray and pray the ending with numerous and varied claims doesn't mean you have called it.
...just sayin' is all. :P
-
Well I'm calling this: Roast Beef is behind this too, and collaborated with The Man With Blood On His Hands either before the fight or while Ray was in the tent. There's just something a little hinky about the way he's acting...or should I say overacting.
-
Gotta say, I am kind of surprised Ray would put his oldest friend in this position. The Jeeps kill people. He may think he's man enough to face them down, but Beef hasn't been in a single fight. He's going to spare him a vicious beat-down so he can get run down like a dog? I know he's all in the moment and such, but, damn.
-
RLS is a cold ass mother fucker. That's all I have to say about that. I'm gonna stop predicting what happens next and just enjoy the GOF however it pans out. Everyone that thought the actual fight portion of the story was lacking must now see that yes Onstad was wanting to get through with it, but becasue the real story is Ray taking on the tower and not simply a parade of beatings. He'll leave the Dragonball Z shit to lesser comics.
~Paul
-
Anyone else think Ray's mom might show up?
-
Ray's mom might indeed show up, if that's in Beef's plan. Everybody has taken his fascination with the fight as a love of it, but I say it was his goal all along to destroy it. And now he has masterminded the perfect storm: Hissing Ray Against the Jeeps.
-
shit.
I actually yelled out "YES!" when I saw those keys.
-
I am counting on there being some icky acrobatics where such as Ray takes control of one or more jeeps, smashing through the (reinforced plexiglass?) boundaries of the Acres.
-
I am counting on there being some icky acrobatics where such as Ray takes control of one or more jeeps, smashing through the (reinforced plexiglass?) boundaries of the Acres.
Remember, Ray took apart a Honda Civic with his bare hands. I am sure he can straddle between the rollbars of two jeeps and whip the drivers on, Ben-Hur style.
-
Ray was hoping for a tender moment with his father, and all he got was "I'll see one of you later." Brilliant.
I'm going on the record right now saying there won't be a Tuesday strip, though.
-
Ray was hoping for a tender moment with his father, and all he got was "I'll see one of you later." Brilliant.
I'm going on the record right now saying there won't be a Tuesday strip, though.
it is sad how predictable this is
-
I fully expect a "We return Wednesday!", followed possibly by another server-bombing.
BRING ON THE STRIPS, GOD DAMN YOU!
-
I fully expect a "We return Wednesday!", followed possibly by another server-bombing.
BRING ON THE STRIPS, GOD DAMN YOU!
I haven't had a server bomb since I was a kid. Do they still come tri-colored and with a vague sugary berry flavor?
What? Why is everyone looking at me like that?
What if we don't return until Thursday, what then? Choco Tacos? I DO NOT KNOW!
-
Chochacho Tacos.
-
oh my god
my family is going to the beach for spring break
and all I can think of is "how will I read achewood?"
AHHHHHHH
-
oh my god
my family is going to the beach for spring break
and all I can think of is "how will I read achewood?"
AHHHHHHH
I regret to say that last week, when I was in Europe, checking Achewood was a major driver in me deciding to pay 60 euros for a week of wireless access. This is my secret shame, made public by my own decree.
And thanks to Onstad's server catching fire and weird posting time, I still didn't get to read the strip before 3 pages of comments had already been made. What a useless trip. I mean, aside from Europe being awesome and all.
-
At this point I really don't think Beef is secretly in control.
He can act a character... his tough / sly / manipulative wheels-within-wheel GOF persona has been flawless. However the latest developments have him reacting as himself and himself only... I don't think he's faking his terror of the Jeeps.
Now I'm not ruling out the chance for a Beef win, but it isn't because he's the hand on the chess piece right now. I'd make other predictions, but we must remember here, we aren't prediction *logic* or *events* we are attempting to gaze into the future of the Mind Of Onstad, a future he himself is probably (so he has clamed in interviews) unaware.
I *AM* kind of hoping for the surprise return of Nightlife... but then, I hope for that with every arc. I'd also like to see Beef beat the living veganase out of Pat... maybe not now, you know, just... sometime...
In closing, a belated "Great Scott! But this kicks!" for today's strips. Here's hoping we won't be waiting until Wednesday.
-
I regret to say that last week, when I was in Europe, checking Achewood was a major driver in me deciding to pay 60 euros for a week of wireless access. This is my secret shame, made public by my own decree.
And thanks to Onstad's server catching fire and weird posting time, I still didn't get to read the strip before 3 pages of comments had already been made. What a useless trip. I mean, aside from Europe being awesome and all.
\
Yeah yeah, 60 euros, server fire, awesome Europe... Yada yada yada. Ok, I want to know what you've done with Sunny?
~Paul
-
\
Yeah yeah, 60 euros, server fire, awesome Europe... Yada yada yada. Ok, I want to know what you've done with Sunny?
~Paul
Shes...safe.
Actually, she's sitting right next to me, doing homework. Which is what she's been doing a lot of lately. She says "She will return very soon. Tomorrow." She said it kind of ominously, if you ask me, but take it for what it's worth.
-
Ray will all leap through a windshield and plant his feet in the driver's chest like Norris in Good Guys Wear Black
Or there will be five little posts out there on the corner.
-
Shit, this whole arc has just been an excuse for Onstad to draw another kind of car.
-
I guess Beef will have to get shot again :(
-
Remember, Ray took apart a Honda Civic with his bare hands. I am sure he can straddle between the rollbars of two jeeps and whip the drivers on, Ben-Hur style.
man now I only regret setting my expectations so low
-
Shit, this whole arc has just been an excuse for Onstad to draw another kind of car.
I very much fear you are right, sir. If you are, I will weep bitter tears.
And then go here and post "hey! That's a pretty good Jeep! I wonder if it comes in Aztec Gold?"
-
(http://touamb.com/images/AztecGold.jpg)
Featuring such Aztec Gold hits as:
"Nahua Life (Teotihuacán Club Mix)" by Tenochca
"Toltec the Bitch" by the Chichimecs
"Calpulli Your Macehualles" by the Wetbacks
"Viva Las Tenochtitlan" by Tenchiolictic Chimectecacola
"I Met Her By the Wall of Skulls" by Human Sacrifice
"Let Your Sun Stone Fly" by Flat Earth Society
"Cuauhxicalli In My Stone Hut" by Bob Xiuhpohualli
and the ever popular:
"Revenge" by the Montezumas
-
Any dance mixes by Technotitlan? That's where it's at.
-
"Calpulli Your Macehualles" by the Wetbacks
I would so go see a band with that name.
Carbonation ahoy.
-
Oh, man, I was hoping so bad for a repost of the Aztec Gold cover. A can and love to you, Jough!
-
All of the old images I'd uploaded were broken when I moved the board address, so it was nice to go back through the archives of all of the Faquewood comics and JL's fanfic and stuff.
To be REPOST'D SOON