The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: pmcd9 on March 22, 2006, 02:37:25 am

Title: The New Cars
Post by: pmcd9 on March 22, 2006, 02:37:25 am
The New Cars (http://www.thenewcars.com/index.cfm).  I suppose they could be called The New Utopia (http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&token=&sql=11:2e811vsjzzva) as there are as many members of that old band as there are members of The Cars.  Can't say this is a very good idea, but I love Todd Rundgren so i'll let it slide.  Ben Orr is dead so they get a pass there, but no Ric Ocasak, hmm...  Shades of The Heads (http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:t7se4j870wau) if you ask me.

~Paul

Title: Re: The New Cars
Post by: AugustWest on March 22, 2006, 03:59:40 am
I'm not a big Todd-head, but I did get to see him in about 1987 in a bar in Cincy.  Excellent show!
Title: Re: The New Cars
Post by: Nabubrush on March 22, 2006, 04:41:11 am
Wow, that's fucked. Wow. That's like 20 years from now there being a band called U2 too, and Edge and Bono not being there.

And I like the Cars and all, but any given popular song of theirs is on, say, five of their 11 official releases. What does that say? I'm not sure.
Title: Re: The New Cars
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 22, 2006, 06:53:37 pm
It would probably be called U3, no Edge or Bono, just the original drummer joined by Aaron Carter and Clay Aiken.
Title: Re: The New Cars
Post by: pmcd9 on March 22, 2006, 07:31:27 pm
Us2
Title: Re: The New Cars
Post by: Nabubrush on March 22, 2006, 09:30:24 pm
Us2

That's fine work, sir.
Title: Re: The New Cars
Post by: miles on March 23, 2006, 04:13:44 pm
Shades of The Heads (http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:t7se4j870wau) if you ask me.

At least their album is cleverly titled.