The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: side_show on March 22, 2006, 05:39:09 pm

Title: A bad start to the day.
Post by: side_show on March 22, 2006, 05:39:09 pm
So I am awoken at 5 am by one of our cats, just yowling like he's being murdered.  Our bedroom is on the second floor, the cat is in the basement.  He is lowd.  This is not at all unusual.  He yowels every damn morning, but usually only starts up at 6 am. 

Anyway, later, after lying in bed trying to ignore the yowels, I get up and get ready for my day.  I leave the house walk to the bus stop.  The bus stop is littered with garbage and wreaks the wreak that only comes from hobo pee, so I wait outside the shelter.  in the road directly in front of the bus stop amid  all the other garbage is a Gatorade bottle, mysteriously filled with what looks like Coke, laying there half full all frozen.  It think little of it.  There's a lot of garbage around.  Also according the the graffiti, "Priscilla is a slut," and also "Fuck Niggers."

My bus comes, I step to the curb.  As the bus pulls up, it's wheel drives over the Gatoraid bottle, causing it to explode and violently shower my face and hair with frozen shrapnel shards of what I can only hope is cola.  I stagger on to the bus - the driver asks half-heartedly if I'm okay, and I spend the entire ride to the theatre cleaning the mysterious and (now that I am in the warmth of a bus) decidedly sticky liquid off of myself.

I am still sticky.

Also I have a horrible headache.

Gah!
Title: Re: A bad start to the day.
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 22, 2006, 05:41:40 pm
I think providence gives you these little surprises because they're fuel for your writing.

But that doesn't make them <not> suck. At least it wasn't a bottle full of homeless guy pee. I've found what I'm pretty sure are those in bus stops around here.
Title: Re: A bad start to the day.
Post by: jough on March 22, 2006, 05:43:26 pm
At least your awful morning is fodder for good writing here.  Or elsewhere... <ominous music plays>

Anyway, sorry to hear that you were splashed with frozen something that didn't belong in a Gatorade bottle.
Title: Re: A bad start to the day.
Post by: misterqueue on March 22, 2006, 05:52:32 pm
He is load.

Heh, this is a very Zen-like statement you have created with a typo, I love it.  Your cat is the very essence of the idea of "load"...  whatever that is.

I am sorry your day is being persnickety Smells, but just remember that sometimes being sticky reminds us we are still alive which is a good thing; just, not in this case.


Chin up buck-o.
Title: Re: A bad start to the day.
Post by: pmcd9 on March 22, 2006, 05:54:26 pm
Oh god, i'm sorry.  Yuck.  Boo to getting sprayed with brown gatorade.

~Paul
Title: Re: A bad start to the day.
Post by: Drygioni on March 22, 2006, 06:13:45 pm
That is awful! I hope your day balances itself out with a surprise lottery win and the hot celebrity of your choice being delivered to your door.

Animal related story: I once 'accidentally' locked my bloody cat into the bathroom, and kind of forgot about him for a little bit. The next morning, the most TERRIBLE yowling emanated from the direction of the toilet, and it turns out Jasper had managed to fall in the toilet, while pulling the lid down on himself.

I didn't see him for a while after that incident.

Moral of the story: Get a dog instead.
Title: Re: A bad start to the day.
Post by: V-Adore on March 22, 2006, 09:36:36 pm
Man, and here I thought the site of dear wee Camellia making multiple attempts to capture and kill an anole in the middle of the living-room floor was a Bad Cat Story.

Anyway, my hopes for good mojo and a lack of Coke-inna-Gatorate-bottle for the rest of the day.
Title: Re: A bad start to the day.
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 22, 2006, 10:23:29 pm
I've probably rescued 20 geckos from our Bad Cat Felix and cleaned up the tortured carcasses of 50 more. The best thing is to hit him on the head just like in a Tom and Jerry Cartoon and he spits out a live gecko that runs away.
Title: Re: A bad start to the day.
Post by: Doc on March 23, 2006, 01:57:51 am
That is a sucky start to the day, nothign worse than getting splashed with something gross and knowing you won't be able to clean it off properly for the entire day.
Also, why do hobo's pee in the bus shelter? Thats got to be some of the best shelter they have available and they go pee in it, why not pee at least around the back or something?
Title: Re: A bad start to the day.
Post by: AugustWest on March 23, 2006, 03:39:52 am
If they were able to think clearly, perhaps they wouldn't be hobos.
Title: Re: A bad start to the day.
Post by: side_show on March 23, 2006, 04:07:55 am
... and a better end to the day:

After work I met with my director for the first time face to face and to my absolute wonderment, she hopes to fully produce it in their 07/08 season!  Also, even better news it it now 90% confirmed that I will be a Canadian Delegate for the International Women's Playwrighting convention in Bali and Jakarta this November!  Hoorah!

I still have a headache though.
Title: Re: A bad start to the day.
Post by: pmcd9 on March 23, 2006, 04:13:17 am
... and a better end to the day:

After work I met with my director for the first time face to face and to my absolute wonderment, she hopes to fully produce it in their 07/08 season!  Also, even better news it it now 90% confirmed that I will be a Canadian Delegate for the International Women's Playwrighting convention in Bali and Jakarta this November!  Hoorah!

I still have a headache though.

Bali?  Jakarta?  Fuck that shit, bring it to Houston.  Er, I mean Congratulations, that is awesome.

~Paul
Title: Re: A bad start to the day.
Post by: V-Adore on March 23, 2006, 05:18:53 am
Hooray! The only thing I know about Bali is the ritual where Rangda kills Barong and then there's a bunch of mock suicide, but hey, have a good time anyway. Don't commit any mock suicide or nothin'.
Title: Re: A bad start to the day.
Post by: Nabubrush on March 23, 2006, 08:07:50 pm
Well, if you must, mock suicide is really the better way to go.
Title: Re: A bad start to the day.
Post by: side_show on March 23, 2006, 10:26:19 pm
And I am slitting my wrists with a rubber chicken.... now!  This could take a while.