The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: mudokon on March 23, 2006, 09:58:54 am

Title: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: mudokon on March 23, 2006, 09:58:54 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03232006

What a show-stopper! A+++ &c
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: Tangle on March 23, 2006, 10:14:22 am
Man, I want a Jeep.
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: LCB on March 23, 2006, 10:20:41 am
They did it.

They beat up the Fight.

Will they be reviled as despoilers of an institution, or spoken of in awe as the dudes so Raw they'd  rather face the Jeeps and bring down the Tower.
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: oball on March 23, 2006, 11:51:53 am
So now we know where the No-Doz (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03022006) went.
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: dejavroom on March 23, 2006, 12:18:15 pm
I love the mean face Ray is making as he pours the fuel out. Dude so rude...
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: misterqueue on March 23, 2006, 12:18:33 pm
Instead of the Man with Blood on his Hands, it will be talked about, The Friends Who Would Not Fight Each Other. 

Man, I don't even know anymore.  Is this Achewood?  Is Philippe standing on it?  Are we afraid of the fuck*ng police here or not?


I... just... don't... know.
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: sensate on March 23, 2006, 12:55:17 pm
Did they just burn the tower with all those cats up ins?
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: wombat on March 23, 2006, 12:57:54 pm

Man, I don't even know anymore.  Is this Achewood?  Is Philippe standing on it?  Are we afraid of the fuck*ng police here or not?


Now that the Great Outdoor Fight crashed the server and overwhelmed the tshirt fulfillment process, will everything change?
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: Doc on March 23, 2006, 01:07:18 pm
I take back every filthy word I said about Beef not coming real when it's man time, dude represents.
That said I am glad we see the bike in the last panel, this is the sign that we are heading home now and everything will be back to normal. I don't expect lasting changes from this, sure this was big news but what happened here that was fundamentally out of character? Ray expecting good stuff to be easy and it was, that ain't no thing. Beef has insane amounts of knowledge but is afraid of violating the rules of society but then goes nuts when he does, never seen that before!

I'm not shitting on the GOF, I love this damn arc to death, but I don't think we are seeing huge sweeping changes here, this is exactly what these two knuckleheads from small times would always do, it's just a more extreme situation than usual.
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 23, 2006, 01:09:31 pm
Now that the Great Outdoor Fight crashed the server and overwhelmed the tshirt fulfillment process, will everything change?

Being telephoned by a web hosting service must have pissed off Onstad. "I WAS TRYING TO PLAY WITH MY BABY DAUGHTER AND THEY CALLED ME. CLEARLY I WILL DO WHATEVER IS REQUIRED TO FINISH THIS THREAD SO I CAN GO BACK TO THIS SCINTILLATING GAME OF PEEKABOO. EVEN IF IT MEANS WORKING AN UNPARALLELED THREE DAYS IN A ROW AND KICKING SOME MAJOR ASS."
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: JorgeFabregas on March 23, 2006, 01:32:30 pm
Is Rodney dead?
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: Doc on March 23, 2006, 01:41:26 pm
Nah, his flannel was just slightly charred.

He's got to be able to stare at them driving away though.

Everyone else is dead though, he just survived by being tall and lean, sharp and clean.
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: robot_god on March 23, 2006, 01:42:31 pm
Is Rodney dead?

Nope.
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: Turbo Ninja on March 23, 2006, 02:37:15 pm
The Great Outdoor Fight delenda est.

I will wait patiently for a new GOF shirt design, this one featuring a burning Jeep doing a wheelie.

Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: LCB on March 23, 2006, 02:51:14 pm
gee guys i don't know if things can back to the way they were now that ray and beef are murderers and what effect will this have on phillipe and A BLOO BLOO BLOO
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: Lark on March 23, 2006, 02:57:48 pm
So now we know where the No-Doz (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03022006) went.

Onstad has totally outdone himself in this story arc.  G E N I U S. 
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: jcreed on March 23, 2006, 03:01:55 pm
gee guys i don't know if things can back to the way they were now that ray and beef are murderers and what effect will this have on phillipe and A BLOO BLOO BLOO

Yeah already panel two of
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02272006
says "scarred for life" to me, and that's not even counting the stories Them Knuckleheads will be bringin' back with 'em.

Some excellent copy and paste action on panels 4 and 13 of today's.

I am strangely pleased that FLUP is the noise of rolling on flat tires as well as heavy canvas tents being entered.

Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: FlipConstantine on March 23, 2006, 03:32:25 pm
Quote
gee guys i don't know if things can back to the way they were now that ray and beef are murderers and what effect will this have on phillipe and A BLOO BLOO BLOO

The Saddest Thing is RIPPING A MAN'S FACE OFF AND GOING ON A THREE DAY DUTCH FUGUE.
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: vagittarius on March 23, 2006, 03:40:08 pm
What I have to say about this is, the hell of yes! Cats kicking the ass of everything. They went down there to fight the fight, and when they finished everyone off they destroyed the arena, mad rabid danger pig style, lightning raining from a gun and dudes with families cascading like mike 'n ikes out the box onto a fiery massacre of a legend that is over for eternity. They bought the ticket, took the ride, and then burned it to the ground like true heroes!
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: miles on March 23, 2006, 03:53:09 pm
Second panel:  "I got Vivarin and a pistol!  Let's go!" (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11292001)
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: littlefox on March 23, 2006, 04:00:53 pm
I'm not shitting on the GOF, I love this damn arc to death, but I don't think we are seeing huge sweeping changes here, this is exactly what these two knuckleheads from small times would always do, it's just a more extreme situation than usual.

I feel the same way. The pair will come back and everybody will be awed by them for a few days and then Ray will eat half a piece of paper completely on accident. Or Molly will break up with Beef and he will do something sad rather than noble.

If Phillippe isn't "scarred for life" by Lyle and his craziness, he won't be now. Plus Phillippe's probably seen fights before in the neighborhood, too, and may not realize the GOF is as big a deal as it is ... besides, for all we know he watches bloody stuff on TV (not that that's the same, I just can't think of something comparable). In general the gang is pretty negligent of Phillippe but in an adorable way; Phillippe should be way more rude and corrupted than he actually is, but he's fine. It would break Achewood if Phillippe really DID come out bad, since he's the one Good Soul. I trust Onstad.
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: wombat on March 23, 2006, 04:16:13 pm
I trust Onstad.

Yes, there is a reason he is the Artiste and we are the mumbling muttering rabble posting on a messageboard.  He will not let a deluge of tshirt orders change his Artistic Vision. Right? Right? Please?
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: MSC on March 23, 2006, 04:26:32 pm
Bad.  Ass. 

Nothing more to it.
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: cellardoor on March 23, 2006, 04:37:26 pm
JESUS YES!
This is the sort of thing that makes me want to play a trumpet with my cock!
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: keef on March 23, 2006, 04:48:54 pm
gee guys i don't know if things can back to the way they were now that ray and beef are murderers and what effect will this have on phillipe and A BLOO BLOO BLOO

I think I love you.
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: jough on March 23, 2006, 04:49:11 pm
Clearly the motorcycle is a TOOL for laying waste to the stragglers who are still alive in the fight grounds.  They have to go back and mow them all down, because if any single one of them survives it will mean future trouble for Raymoo Smuckles and Mr. Roasted Beef.

I sold my trumpet on ebay a few years ago, but I have been moving furniture with my cock all morning.
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: Turbo Ninja on March 23, 2006, 05:03:52 pm
So now we know where the No-Doz (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03022006) went.

I feel like there's No-Doz everywhere at an extravaganza like the GOF, just like there are ephedrine-type stuff such as Stackers/Yellowjackets/AllAlert/etc all over the place at truck stops.  SOMETHING MUST FUEL THE FURY.

The jittery, nervous, twitchy fury that makes it feel like your knees are about to fly off of your legs and that your heart will burst out of your chest to chase after them.
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: theinevitable on March 23, 2006, 05:05:16 pm
wombat-- I read that as "Onstad is the Aristide", and I was imagining us as the rabble around his huge dictatorial palace. we think we know what we need, but he knows.
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: bonaparte on March 23, 2006, 07:05:58 pm
As Ray and Beef drive off back to Achewood, Rodney arises from the ashes and, amid the broken bodies and terrible destruction, he sheds but a single tear of pride for the man that his son has become.
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: pmcd9 on March 23, 2006, 07:20:52 pm
Re:  Ray and Beef taking on the fight itself.

Basically Ray and Beef will become known as the baddest mother fuckers that ever lived.  Even the OMG Rodney Leonard Stubbs (basically the Muhommad Ali of the GOF) never said that could be done.

~Paul
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 23, 2006, 07:29:08 pm
Methinks Ramses will chase Ray and Beef in the motorcycle.
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: FlipConstantine on March 23, 2006, 07:44:35 pm
Quote
As Ray and Beef drive off back to Achewood, Rodney arises from the ashes and, amid the broken bodies and terrible destruction, he sheds but a single tear of pride for the man that his son has become.

I don't think Rodney is the sort of dude to cry many tears, prideful or not.  I see something similar, but it's Rodney in sillhouette against a sunset with his arms crossed and he nods his head as Ray and Beef drive off.
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: Hobot on March 23, 2006, 07:47:35 pm
Panel 6 reminded me of Truckosaurus (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a5/Truckosaurus.jpg).
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: V-Adore on March 23, 2006, 08:11:19 pm
Bravo. Bravo.

This is a strip so solid that I will not be a mite depressed if the next strip is Lie Bot and Vlad drinking hella beers and talking about the Subway business. Ray and Beef have not only destroyed the Fight, they've destroyed the storyline, and at this point it's earned its rest. Godspeed, Raymond and Cassandra. Godspeed.
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: mkilly on March 23, 2006, 08:42:01 pm
Basically Ray and Beef will become known as the baddest mother fuckers that ever lived.  Even the OMG Rodney Leonard Stubbs (basically the Muhommad Ali of the GOF) never said that could be done.

Geez, not to be contrary for its own sake, but I didn't get the feeling Rodney Leonard would be proud. Ray has fucked with tradition and that is not something a dude ought. It's kind of pussy to have friends, and to save them instead of killing them.
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: FlipConstantine on March 23, 2006, 09:52:53 pm
Geez, not to be contrary for its own sake, but I didn't get the feeling Rodney Leonard would be proud. Ray has fucked with tradition and that is not something a dude ought. It's kind of pussy to have friends, and to save them instead of killing them.

But he did it in service of badassery, that should count for something right?  I'm interested to see how this turns out, and I'm hoping we get to see a Ray/Beef v. Rodney final showdown.  Possibly conducted in a hall of mirrors of some sort.
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 23, 2006, 10:02:12 pm
But he did it in service of badassery, that should count for something right?  I'm interested to see how this turns out, and I'm hoping we get to see a Ray/Beef v. Rodney final showdown.  Possibly conducted in a hall of mirrors of some sort.

But let it be more like Enter the Dragon and less like Krull.

For God's sake, please.
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: wombat on March 24, 2006, 12:34:43 am
Clearly the motorcycle is a TOOL for laying waste to the stragglers who are still alive in the fight grounds.

Um, maybe this is the notion of a girly girl who doesn't want to see any more hitting, but isn't the motorcycle just a tool for going home in, seeing as that's how they got there in the first place?
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 24, 2006, 03:21:31 am
On Mythbusters the other week, they proved you can't actually start a fire by shooting flammable stuff.


Ramses is so going to lay a whoopin' on his boy when he catches up to him.
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: pmcd9 on March 24, 2006, 03:30:51 am
I'm with the lets get this thread over with crowd.  Because I think Onstad planned this one out in advance and he's been spending the past several weeks executing it.  But all the while he's been thinking about what he's going to do next.  Oh it's going to be good.  Yes true believer, Achewood is going to get even better.

~Paul
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: Nabubrush on March 24, 2006, 03:38:09 am
On Mythbusters the other week, they proved you can't actually start a fire by shooting flammable stuff.

Unless you are shooting flammable stuff with an RPG.
Title: Re: March 23, 2006 - Burning Down the Acres
Post by: Doc on March 24, 2006, 03:48:39 am
Or a flamethrower.

People who think RLS would be proud are missing the point: He doesn't stand for being badass, he stands for doing things the Right Way, the status quo as it were. Killing your friend to win the Fight = the Right Way. Killing the Fight to save your friend = the Wrong Way.
Kids these days ain't got no respect for the Fight.