The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: pmcd9 on March 25, 2006, 01:03:41 am

Title: Ski Trip (Get it?)
Post by: pmcd9 on March 25, 2006, 01:03:41 am
Speaking of the boy (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2654.msg60045.html#msg60045), Kevin is his name btw, He was visiting here with the folks last week.  That's us standing astride the wedge overlook (http://protophoto.com/subject.html?subject_id=316) which is part of the San Rafael Swell (http://www.americansouthwest.net/utah/san_rafael_swell/index.html).  He tagged along with my folks because he wanted to go skiing (http://www.paulmcrae.com/FEATURES/SKI_TRIP/IMAGES/1024/DSCF1414-E-1024.jpg).  He did pretty good until the second day.  I guess his confidence outstripped his talent which led to a crack up.  He cut his face pretty bad (8 stitches) (http://www.paulmcrae.com/FEATURES/SKI_TRIP/IMAGES/1024/DSCN11704-E-1024.jpg) and gave himself a nasty shiner (http://www.paulmcrae.com/FEATURES/SKI_TRIP/IMAGES/1024/DSCN11530-E-1024.jpg).  Mom examines the wound in horror (http://www.paulmcrae.com/FEATURES/SKI_TRIP/IMAGES/1024/DSCN11702-E-1024.jpg).  It looks pretty good actually (all things considered).  My Dad made a wonderful (http://www.paulmcrae.com/FEATURES/SKI_TRIP/IMAGES/1024/DSCN11698_9_70_1_3_4-E-S.jpg) nurse (http://www.paulmcrae.com/FEATURES/SKI_TRIP/IMAGES/1024/DSCN11787_91_2_3-E-S-1024.jpg).  Kevin wants everyone to know that he's Ok (http://www.paulmcrae.com/FEATURES/SKI_TRIP/IMAGES/1024/DSCN11795-E-1024.jpg).

~Paul


Title: Re: Ski Trip (Get it?)
Post by: Drygioni on March 25, 2006, 01:09:24 am
I find that such a sweet (short?) story. What nice people you are over there. Unfortunately, I have yet to experience the joy of skiing, and that shiner really isn't all that encouraging. Though I guess you haven't properly lived without doing some crazy sport and getting 'hero's wounds'.
Title: Re: Ski Trip (Get it?)
Post by: side_show on March 25, 2006, 02:50:09 pm
Wow, you're mom looks so deeply concerned in that picture - with her posture and the way she's holding her hands.  Moms are just moms, and they worry, even after the fact.  You can tell that your mom is worried, even though the boy is fine. 

I knew your influence would lead the boy astray, but I was hoping it would be off the path of good and true, not off the ski path and down pain gorge.
Title: Re: Ski Trip (Get it?)
Post by: pmcd9 on March 25, 2006, 05:04:43 pm
Wow, you're mom looks so deeply concerned in that picture - with her posture and the way she's holding her hands.  Moms are just moms, and they worry, even after the fact.  You can tell that your mom is worried, even though the boy is fine. 

I knew your influence would lead the boy astray, but I was hoping it would be off the path of good and true, not off the ski path and down pain gorge.

I can't really take any credit for that as I was at work when it happened.  The plan was to ski on Wednesday, Thursday and I was going to join in on Friday.  The accident occured on Thursday.  There was no skiing on Friday.  So the boy probably did me a service by getting hurt on Thursday.  Otherwise it would have been me in ICU on Friday instead (after attempting to ski for the very first time).

I am pissed off at my Dad for not getting a single picture of the boy covered in blood.  He's all like we had to get him to safety and see about his wounds and whatnot.  Nonsense.  The man does not have his priorities straight.

~Paul
Title: Re: Ski Trip (Get it?)
Post by: jough on March 25, 2006, 10:24:21 pm
You could always re-bloody him just to take the photo.

I'm just saying.
Title: Re: Ski Trip (Get it?)
Post by: pmcd9 on March 26, 2006, 05:12:08 pm
You could always re-bloody him just to take the photo.

I'm just saying.

He's back in Houston now so it's too late for that.

~Paul
Title: Re: Ski Trip (Get it?)
Post by: jough on March 26, 2006, 06:48:32 pm
Mail bomb with a camera attached?

There are always options, Paul.
Title: Re: Ski Trip (Get it?)
Post by: Drygioni on March 26, 2006, 06:59:40 pm
Hired goons and a professional photographer, if you could afford 'em.
Title: Re: Ski Trip (Get it?)
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 27, 2006, 02:58:58 pm
Now that he's more or less OK, you know he's going "This bruise an' shit is soooooooo coooooooooooool."
Title: Re: Ski Trip (Get it?)
Post by: pmcd9 on March 27, 2006, 03:04:43 pm
Now that he's more or less OK, you know he's going "This bruise an' shit is soooooooo coooooooooooool."

He was like that the next day.  Callin' all his friends.  He was like I hope it leaves a scar, the ladies will like that.  I was like not on the face they won't.

~Paul
Title: Re: Ski Trip (Get it?)
Post by: Hobot on March 27, 2006, 05:48:57 pm
He was like that the next day.  Callin' all his friends.  He was like I hope it leaves a scar, the ladies will like that.  I was like not on the face they won't.

~Paul

Unless it caused him to lose an eye, thereby obligating him to wear an eyepatch.  Mysterious, eyepatch-covered disfigurements are, of course, quite popular with the ladies.
Title: Re: Ski Trip (Get it?)
Post by: misterqueue on March 27, 2006, 05:53:31 pm
Unless it caused him to lose an eye, thereby obligating him to wear an eyepatch.  Mysterious, eyepatch-covered disfigurements are, of course, quite popular with the ladies.

Strangely enough though, peglegs and hookhands are not.  Attraction is illogical.
Title: Re: Ski Trip (Get it?)
Post by: Doc on March 29, 2006, 11:30:01 am
An eyepatch is like a corset: Sexy right up to the point where they come off.

I would totally go for a guy with a hook, that shit is hardcore.