The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: littlefallsmets on March 28, 2006, 05:02:55 am

Title: Where else could the GOF happen?
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 28, 2006, 05:02:55 am
In terms of... under what other sets of story logic could something this Awesome exist?

Could this strange mix of Epic and Weird exist in a Sincere and Non-Ironically Good fashion?

I mean, like, of course this could happen in Walker Texas Ranger but... it would be in a bad way.

So far, I've only come up with:

The Highlander television series.

The Cowboy Bebop anime series.

The Preacher comic book series.

...a Hunter S. Thompson book doesn't count because Hunter wouldn't have followed through on this long a thread.

Where else could the luck-blessed brawn and the neurotically-crippled brains go into an insane deathmatch and come out the other end God-damned Men?
Title: Re: Where else could the GOF happen?
Post by: Simms on March 28, 2006, 11:45:22 am
...a Hunter S. Thompson book doesn't count because Hunter wouldn't have followed through on this long a thread.

If Hunter could spend a year with the Hell's Angels, I think he could handle three days with the Fight.
Title: Re: Where else could the GOF happen?
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 28, 2006, 09:52:05 pm
Oh... Hunter the GUY, sure. He might win one, if he were to fuge at the right time.

I'm just saying in terms of the length of one of his books. I'd think that after a while, Hunter would branch off into the analogues and analogies, metaphors and themes, of the events rather quickly, instead of being able to stick with the story of Two Friends From Small Times becoming the ruling party. K-Mart Country Music would become a symbol for Nixon, somehow.