The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: umbra_moses on March 28, 2006, 06:17:54 am

Title: Teodor's Tabs from Feb 3rd and 7th, 2005 in MIDI
Post by: umbra_moses on March 28, 2006, 06:17:54 am
Hey guys, I don't know if anyone has done this before, but I put some of the songs Teodor wrote the guitar tabs fot into midi format in case anyone wants to hear what they sound like.

This is from the February 3rd, 2005 strip

www.freewebs.com/teodorssongs/achewood2305.mid (http://www.freewebs.com/teodorssongs/achewood2305.mid)

This is from the February 7th, 2005 strip

www.freewebs.com/teodorssongs/achewood2705.mid (http://www.freewebs.com/teodorssongs/achewood2705.mid)
Title: Re: Teodor's Tabs from Feb 3rd and 7th, 2005 in MIDI
Post by: umbra_moses on March 28, 2006, 06:22:24 am
Whoops!  I originally did a search and couldn't find these on the boards before, but I just did another and apparently someone has already done this.  I apologize guys.  Apparently I can't delete this post, so I guess just ignore it till the moderators do their job.
Title: Re: Teodor's Tabs from Feb 3rd and 7th, 2005 in MIDI
Post by: jough on March 28, 2006, 06:23:27 am
It's all good, chief.  We can never have too many Teodor midis.
Title: Re: Teodor's Tabs from Feb 3rd and 7th, 2005 in MIDI
Post by: Doc on March 28, 2006, 10:12:37 am
Never
Title: Re: Teodor's Tabs from Feb 3rd and 7th, 2005 in MIDI
Post by: pmcd9 on March 28, 2006, 06:15:30 pm
Chief?  Sport?  Damn you post a coupla midis and people get real friendly all fast like.

Good job Ace.

~Paul
Title: Re: Teodor's Tabs from Feb 3rd and 7th, 2005 in MIDI
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on March 28, 2006, 07:34:28 pm
I'm really liking the faggotstyle one. That is indeed a quick tempo and by listening a madness stirs in my heart! Nice going buddy!!


I'd also like to add that there have been MANY new members on here lately so I'm sure most of them (myself included) have never seen the old post that you found with the tabs. So this is all new to me.
Title: Re: Teodor's Tabs from Feb 3rd and 7th, 2005 in MIDI
Post by: Drygioni on March 28, 2006, 07:42:41 pm
Daaaamn! That's awesome. While I have played these non-too successfully for my own enjoyment on a crappy acoustic, I did not think of making them available to anyone else. And that attitude is why you have the high can-to-post ratio I do not possess. It's all about giving something back to the community. Good stuff!



Title: Re: Teodor's Tabs from Feb 3rd and 7th, 2005 in MIDI
Post by: V-Adore on March 28, 2006, 09:08:46 pm
Hint to newbies: repeating interesting, cool content is better than repeating stupid content as the first post. Posting tablature MIDIs when such already exist is still awesome, but asking whether Ray and Beef are cats or dogs again will get you mad scorn. Scorn, I tell you!
Title: Re: Teodor's Tabs from Feb 3rd and 7th, 2005 in MIDI
Post by: Drygioni on March 28, 2006, 09:13:56 pm
asking whether Ray and Beef are cats or dogs again will get you mad scorn. Scorn, I tell you!

I've seen this referenced in so many places. Did someone actually post this, or is it just an overly used example? Onstad's art isn't THAT bad. Then again, my incredibly intelligent friend thinks Ray is a bear.
Title: Re: Teodor's Tabs from Feb 3rd and 7th, 2005 in MIDI
Post by: CortJstr on March 28, 2006, 09:19:39 pm
I've seen this referenced in so many places. Did someone actually post this, or is it just an overly used example? Onstad's art isn't THAT bad. Then again, my incredibly intelligent friend thinks Ray is a bear.

I would estimate this came up once a week on the Dumbrella board. Every once in a while we'd get a "how do you pronounce Philippe?" but it was mainly all about the dirtiest dudes being dogs.
Title: Re: Teodor's Tabs from Feb 3rd and 7th, 2005 in MIDI
Post by: Ben-San on March 28, 2006, 09:24:11 pm
I remember the Wikipedia article at one point said that Teodor was possibly a dog.
Title: Re: Teodor's Tabs from Feb 3rd and 7th, 2005 in MIDI
Post by: V-Adore on March 28, 2006, 09:38:45 pm
Yeah, it was a little before my time and really hasn't been an issue on this board per se, but I remember from my Dumbrella-lurker days that species confusion was frequent and usually stupid. The big offender was a dude named Ponce De Leon, who seemed so perennially confused about this that I think he may have actually been a troll.
Title: Re: Teodor's Tabs from Feb 3rd and 7th, 2005 in MIDI
Post by: pmcd9 on March 28, 2006, 10:32:24 pm
I thought it was made clear that everyone should use a friendly nickname to refer to U_M.  Pal is still available.

~Paul
Title: Re: Teodor's Tabs from Feb 3rd and 7th, 2005 in MIDI
Post by: Hobot on March 28, 2006, 10:36:57 pm
I thought it was made clear that everyone should use a friendly nickname to refer to U_M.  Pal is still available.

~Paul

Also: Tiger, and possibly Son.
Title: Re: Teodor's Tabs from Feb 3rd and 7th, 2005 in MIDI
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on March 28, 2006, 10:51:42 pm
I'd say "Dude" and variations of "Dude" are also legitimate. As well as variations of the names already used like "Bud".
Title: Re: Teodor's Tabs from Feb 3rd and 7th, 2005 in MIDI
Post by: robot_god on March 29, 2006, 02:25:33 am
Yo, b, I gotta admit, I'm a little dissapointed.  The midis opened with the default Windows Media Player which has a tendancy to misread the length of a midi.  Since I do not hear midis often anymore, this information had slipped my mind and I expected the King's son song to actually be 10 and a half minutes.  I was thinking, DAAAAAAAMNN, playa, lets see this motha develop!  But it was just 10 minutes of silence. =(

I think you should reconstruct one into a full piece.  But I am only saying this because I am very tempted to do so myself.
Title: Re: Teodor's Tabs from Feb 3rd and 7th, 2005 in MIDI
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on March 29, 2006, 03:05:02 am
There will be MAD CANS for the one to expand on this. [New Orleans Accent] I guarantee! [/New Orleans Accent]
Title: Re: Teodor's Tabs from Feb 3rd and 7th, 2005 in MIDI
Post by: umbra_moses on March 31, 2006, 11:11:07 pm
I might actually consider that.  It sounds like fun.  Or maybe just straight up remix the tabs.
Title: Re: Teodor's Tabs from Feb 3rd and 7th, 2005 in MIDI
Post by: Drygioni on April 10, 2006, 10:28:38 pm
After literally minutes of hard work, I've constructed a 'King Burying His Baby Son' midi, with added instruments and voice harmonies. In reality I haven't done much over the original, but I hope you like it. It's pretty loud.

http://download.yousendit.com/46FDE0A607B9E67B (http://download.yousendit.com/46FDE0A607B9E67B)

If it needs refreshing or you can find me better hosting, give the word.
Title: Re: Teodor's Tabs from Feb 3rd and 7th, 2005 in MIDI
Post by: Drygioni on April 13, 2006, 05:16:00 pm
I promise not to resurrect this thread again.

I've done an updated, final version of the 'King Buring His Baby Son'.

Part 1 - The coffin is carried to the grave site by four stout men, lead by a regal, weeping king.
Part 2 - As the baby is lowered into the grave, a chorus of angels cry out and the sobs of all present are heard.
Part 3 - All is quiet as the grave is slowly filled in and congregation depart. The King stands alone, head bowed.

Enjoy! http://s55.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1181GY7AK8XH622CBAIXV3MGXB (http://s55.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1181GY7AK8XH622CBAIXV3MGXB)
Title: Re: Teodor's Tabs from Feb 3rd and 7th, 2005 in MIDI
Post by: doomglobe on April 13, 2006, 05:27:53 pm
If I was a newbie today my first post would be "Is there an FAQ somewhere, I am too lazy to look. Could you put a link to it in this thread?" It would be so cool everyone would post a link to an faq for me.
Title: Re: Teodor's Tabs from Feb 3rd and 7th, 2005 in MIDI
Post by: wombat on April 13, 2006, 05:52:28 pm
Hi Doomie!  Don't be such a stranger!
Title: Re: Teodor's Tabs from Feb 3rd and 7th, 2005 in MIDI
Post by: robot_god on April 13, 2006, 09:54:17 pm
Ok, I got a day off from school, so I put together my version.  I don't mean to one-up anybody, I hope this fills no one with angst.

The Lament of Prince Carl (http://www.filefactory.com/?403528)

I am very sorry, I have used a very crappy hosting site.