The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: pmcd9 on March 28, 2006, 05:05:05 pm

Title: Happy Birthday BS
Post by: pmcd9 on March 28, 2006, 05:05:05 pm
That's right, it's another birthday thread.  Happy Happy Birthday Ben...  May all of your wishes be fullfilled.

~Paul
Title: Re: Happy Birthday BS
Post by: Drygioni on March 28, 2006, 05:22:32 pm
Not meaning to cast a shadow over Ben-San's day of joy, but would a monthly or possibly permanent birthday thread be better than lots of little ones? Just a thought, I have no idea on how to efficiently run a messageboard.

Happy Birthday Ben-San! Make it your day.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday BS
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 28, 2006, 05:27:30 pm
Agreed, but it would need to be a sticky topic or something. The threads so far have been specific to members - a mod could change the name of the topiuc whenever a birthday rolls around. Which, among 523 members is going to be every few days or so if everyone registered a birthday.

Title: Re: Happy Birthday BS
Post by: pmcd9 on March 28, 2006, 05:32:13 pm
This ain't about efficiency, it's about wishing Ben San a happy birthday.

~Paul
Title: Re: Happy Birthday BS
Post by: misterqueue on March 28, 2006, 05:33:39 pm
Yeah, these threads are going to get a bit old.  But Ben deserves his own, most definitely.

Happy Birthday you distributor of wisdom on things such as KoL and Old Comics.  You have truly enriched us all.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday BS
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 28, 2006, 06:06:29 pm
Which, among 523 members is going to be every few days or so if everyone registered a birthday.

But we actively loathe something like 500 of those members, don't we?  No threads for them.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday BS
Post by: Hobot on March 28, 2006, 06:44:28 pm
Happy Birthday, Ben!  You are an ever-looming presence on #touamb who contributes only when necessary and when you have something intelligent to say, which is more than I can say for myself.  Hooray for Ben-San!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday BS
Post by: Ben-San on March 28, 2006, 07:16:15 pm
Thank you. It is nice to know that I actually have a presence on this board other than "that guy" and that this image is basically positive. It is difficult to be sure. I accidentally inaugurated this birthday with a tiny and depressing bag of Fritos because I was hungry and didn't notice it was my birthday. I don't even like Fritos. The only reason they are not the MD 20/20 of snack crisps is that they aren't really very cheap, either. For the rest of my birthday event, I will probably write a list of citations in MLA format, edit an essay, and eat Chinese food. Also, I will say something either clever or not-so-clever in the IRC channel.

Once again, thank you for being an essentially positive element of my birthday and of my day-to-day life.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday BS
Post by: wombat on March 28, 2006, 07:20:49 pm
AND LIKE THE MARY ELLEN CARTER RISE AGAIN!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday BS
Post by: jough on March 28, 2006, 07:24:08 pm
Yeah, we ain't gonna have a new thread for EVERYONE, just everyone that Paul likes.

Anyway, Happy Birthday, Ben-San.  You are indeed an uncrap dude.  Maybe even a really delicious dim sum dude (I was trying to think of what the opposite of "crap" was, and it has to be some really tasty food).
Title: Re: Happy Birthday BS
Post by: Doc on March 29, 2006, 11:10:14 am
Personally I've had some pretty crappy dim sims, but thats a whole other story.

Personally I like Ben San for constantly reminding of tin tin with his avatar. Not that it is a tin tin avatar, I just think jumping blue blazes is something captain haddock would say.

Yeah and I'm a day late, well joke's on you guys, I'm a day ahead of you so I'm TWO days late!

EDIT: In related news: Blistering Barnacles! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_exclamations_used_by_Captain_Haddock) That's way more oganisation for that sort of list than I woudl expect.