The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Science & Nature => Topic started by: Lister on March 28, 2006, 10:21:03 pm

Title: Adorableness
Post by: Lister on March 28, 2006, 10:21:03 pm
So I was browsing one of those LiveJournal image aggregators, and I came across this entry (http://xabietxebarria.livejournal.com/46146.html).

As near as I can tell, the author is saying she's sorry for not updating, but the baby sloth will make up for it.  It sure did for me.
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: misterqueue on March 28, 2006, 10:24:15 pm
Oh it's going to be one of THOSE battles then is it? (http://www.exoticnutrition.com/images/Sugar%20Glider%20Baby%20pix.jpg)
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: Ben-San on March 28, 2006, 10:28:45 pm
Lemur (http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c241/interplanetblob/goodmans-penis-lemur.jpg)
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on March 28, 2006, 10:41:44 pm
My two (http://static.flickr.com/10/16346725_7011de3812_b.jpg) cents. (http://www.thebestlittlecathouseinpa.com/images/Possum.jpg)


HOLY SHIT THIS IS AN AWESOME POSSUM!! (http://www.sweetspotgallery.com/possum.jpg)
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: misterqueue on March 28, 2006, 10:42:20 pm
Lemur (http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c241/interplanetblob/goodmans-penis-lemur.jpg)

You brought out the lemur already?  Man that's dirty.

EAT BABY SQUIRREL CUTENESS YOU PIGDOG SON OF A WHORE!! (http://www.svcn.com/archives/sunnyvalesun/08.18.99/gifs/wildlife2-9933.jpg)



man, I cannot be even jokingly rude to a non-crap dude on his birthday.  I'll just let you have this one.
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: Drygioni on March 28, 2006, 10:49:52 pm
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/Davelestoner/wombat.jpg)
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: wombat on March 28, 2006, 10:53:24 pm
OMFG.  I have nothing, nothing that could come close to beating that baby sloth.

But this (http://mfrost.typepad.com/cute_overload/images/r1092319780.jpg) you oughta see.

And you can't have too many baby sloths. (http://mfrost.typepad.com/cute_overload/images/brianna_w.jpg)
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: Hobot on March 28, 2006, 10:53:39 pm
I see your lemur, and raise you a chinchilla (http://www.hard.dst.ca.us/images/chinchilla.gif).
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on March 28, 2006, 10:54:16 pm
Where the hell did you find that one DickSlap? And what the fuck is it? Is that another sloth? I don't think you can submit animals that have already been used, it's against the rules or something.
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: Ben-San on March 28, 2006, 11:05:47 pm
I see your lemur, and raise you a chinchilla (http://www.hard.dst.ca.us/images/chinchilla.gif).

Then how about viscacha (http://www.hedweb.com/animimag/rabvisc.jpg)?
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: jough on March 28, 2006, 11:08:14 pm
No one can defeat my box full of puppies (http://www.goatsrus.com/photos/puppies_in_a_box.jpg).

NO ONE
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: jough on March 28, 2006, 11:13:32 pm
It was before grinding their bones to makes me soup.
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: Ben-San on March 28, 2006, 11:17:01 pm
No one can defeat my box full of puppies (http://www.goatsrus.com/photos/puppies_in_a_box.jpg).

I dunno, I think the cups full of bunny (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/bensanaz/cupofbunny.jpg) can take a decent go at it.

Also, from the text those puppies are clearly in the Mirror Universe. How cute will they be when they grow evil goatees?
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: theinevitable on March 28, 2006, 11:26:05 pm
damn damn damn.
I know the cutest animal in existance. (other than the duck and kitten pair. IMAGINE: the kitten thinks the duck is it's mother, and the kitten is following the mother duck along with the ducklings. IMAGINE: The duck shows affection by lightly biting the kitten with its beak.)

The cutest animal in existance is the Sun Bear. I cannot find a picture of a sun bear cub that looks like the one I saw. This is like a bear that is sleek, and has dark fur with a light patch. The pictures I can find are fat, possessing claws which are terrifying on such a small, baby animal. I do not want to believe that the reason the one I saw was so cute was that it was stuffed (in a museum. I want to say it was a nature museum? it was part of the smithsonians.)
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: misterqueue on March 28, 2006, 11:28:44 pm
I have said it before and I will say it again.

The cutest animal in existence is the Fennec Fox (http://sybilsden.com/gc/imagegc/fennec.jpg).
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: V-Adore on March 28, 2006, 11:29:59 pm
I know this one has been making the rounds, but... otters! (http://mfrost.typepad.com/cute_overload/images/bill_h.jpg) They can't be denied!
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: Hobot on March 29, 2006, 12:19:32 am
Could this (http://www.liquidgeneration.com/blog/uploaded_images/Kitten-Duck-754333.jpg) be theinevitable's new avatar?  Or this (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-blueberry-comments/2002Mar/att-0172/002_Kitten_And_Duckling_.jpg)?  Or even this (http://www.geocities.com/funnycatz/duck_kitten.jpg)?
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: wombat on March 29, 2006, 12:47:48 am
I dunno, I guess a fennec fox (http://www.rebsig.com/kogepan/radar2.jpg) is OK.  But it still can't beat another sloth in a box (http://mfrost.typepad.com/cute_overload/images/brianna_w_2_1.jpg).
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: theinevitable on March 29, 2006, 01:14:19 am
Hobot-- I considered those options only a few days ago. I was thinking it was time to switch out to a new kitten/duck combination.

I think this one is the best though, because they're just... looking ahead. Into the future.

I wrote a song about the duck and kitten going on the road, because their love was forbidden. It had many verses, all of which I forgot.
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on March 29, 2006, 01:25:03 am
Could this (http://www.liquidgeneration.com/blog/uploaded_images/Kitten-Duck-754333.jpg) be theinevitable's new avatar?  Or this (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-blueberry-comments/2002Mar/att-0172/002_Kitten_And_Duckling_.jpg)?  Or even this (http://www.geocities.com/funnycatz/duck_kitten.jpg)?

That duck in the second one looks so pissed. I love it!

This (http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b386/SkinnyWookie/mia1.jpg) is a picture of me, my dog and my girlfriend. I blurred the non important (me) stuff because my little puppy Mia is soooo adorable and should be the focal point.
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: Hobot on March 29, 2006, 01:30:21 am
That duck in the second one looks so pissed. I love it!

This (http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b386/SkinnyWookie/mia1.jpg) is a picture of me, my dog and my girlfriend. I blurred the non important (me) stuff because my little puppy Mia is soooo adorable and should be the focal point.

This was bound to happen.  Here (http://img445.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bronwyncopy5mv.jpg) is my ridiculously cute cat, Bronwyn.
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: wombat on March 29, 2006, 01:46:14 am
my little puppy Mia is soooo adorable


Oh AWWWW.

And here (http://www.rebsig.com/kogepan/portrait.html) are similar pictures of me and my adorable dog, for those of you who have never bothered to stalk me on the internet using the handy dandy link to my web page right over there on the left.
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: misterqueue on March 29, 2006, 01:49:36 am
Oh AWWWW.

And here (http://www.rebsig.com/kogepan/portrait.html) are similar pictures of me and my adorable dog, for those of you who have never bothered to stalk me on the internet using the handy dandy link to my web page right over there on the left.

For the record.. that is not you.. that is various parts of your sweater collection and your dog.

I just want the record to be clear on this matter.
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: wombat on March 29, 2006, 02:27:37 am
Well, that's why they are similar to Hobo's picture of just his blurry eyeglasses and ears.  You can't say I led anyone on.
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: lprkn on March 29, 2006, 02:38:28 am
Penguin! (http://www.aad.gov.au/asset/images/826_ul-cms_emperor_chick_on_feet_(Rooke).jpg)
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: Hobot on March 29, 2006, 02:56:01 am
Penguin! (http://www.aad.gov.au/asset/images/826_ul-cms_emperor_chick_on_feet_(Rooke).jpg)

You mean "zeppelin."
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: misterqueue on March 29, 2006, 03:02:38 am
You mean "zeppelin."

Do I really have to swoon again or can we just assume?
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: pmcd9 on March 29, 2006, 03:21:57 am
Once I bought a baby chicken at the hardware store.  When I got it home I took it out of the paper bag and showed to my cat Rae.  Rae's instant reaction to being shown this baby chick was to slap the shit out of it and break it's neck.

~Paul
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: V-Adore on March 29, 2006, 03:23:42 am
Well, if animals we own are allowed, I will have to submit Camellia. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Eiviiaru/cammycrop.jpg) It's a long picture, but Camellia is a cat of uncommon length.
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: miles on March 29, 2006, 05:34:51 am
Oh AWWWW.

And here (http://www.rebsig.com/kogepan/portrait.html) are similar pictures of me and my adorable dog, for those of you who have never bothered to stalk me on the internet using the handy dandy link to my web page right over there on the left.

Awww, Raymond Chandler.
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: Ben-San on March 29, 2006, 05:49:12 am
Curses! I have no pictures of my pet guinea pigs. Which would, of course, certainly conquer all your pets, as the guinea pig is the cutest of animals.
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: wombat on March 29, 2006, 01:07:33 pm
Awww, Raymond Chandler.

Miles is either very clever or has an uncommonly fine monitor on his computer. (No, I don't mean a cute baby monitor like this, (http://www.aqualandpetsplus.com/Lizard422.jpg) I mean one with a clear picture letting him read tiny photographed words.)
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 29, 2006, 03:48:26 pm
I gotcher adorable right here. (http://www.bigfool.com/catherine/kccate.jpg)
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: jough on March 29, 2006, 04:00:43 pm
I gotcher adorable right here. (http://www.bigfool.com/catherine/kccate.jpg)

WINNER
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: pmcd9 on March 29, 2006, 04:10:45 pm
I gotcher adorable right here. (http://www.bigfool.com/catherine/kccate.jpg)

You are stepping outside the clearly defined parameters of this competition.

Way to be the ruling body carlos.  You win of course.

~Paul
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on March 29, 2006, 04:26:20 pm
I mean no disrespect towards that baby or another baby owned by a board member or non board member for that matter. But I find little furry critters to be FAR superior to human fleshies when it comes to cuteness/adorableness. So you get no vote from me Carlos.
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 29, 2006, 04:31:14 pm
I know, too easy.
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: swinehund on March 29, 2006, 06:25:18 pm
But I find little furry critters to be FAR superior to human fleshies when it comes to cuteness/adorableness.

I agree. Of course, this means I fail as a human, but hey, baby sloths!
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: Ben-San on March 29, 2006, 07:49:46 pm
I mean no disrespect towards that baby or another baby owned by a board member or non board member for that matter. But I find little furry critters to be FAR superior to human fleshies when it comes to cuteness/adorableness. So you get no vote from me Carlos.

On the other hand, if that baby were accompanied by a baby guinea pig or kitten or similarly adorable fuzzy mammal, it would be an extremely potent combination.
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: miles on March 30, 2006, 12:41:01 am
Miles is either very clever or has an uncommonly fine monitor on his computer. (No, I don't mean a cute baby monitor like this, (http://www.aqualandpetsplus.com/Lizard422.jpg) I mean one with a clear picture letting him read tiny photographed words.)

Or I own a couple Raymond Chandler books from the same publishing company.

But I vote for very clever.
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on March 30, 2006, 01:23:21 am
This may be cheating because I'm not posting one single picture of adorableness. But this has to be posted. It is a website of (as the title reads) Cute Overload! (http://www.cuteoverload.com/) Maybe this is old news to you guys but I nearly exploded from too many "awwws" in one sitting. Please explore this site. Note the "Unusual animals" section. There are some incredibly cute creatures in this world. Thank you internet.
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: wombat on March 30, 2006, 02:23:10 am
Oh, I forgot: a few more pug pictures. (http://www.flickr.com/photos/38817438@N00/)

Also V: We have exactly your model of cat but in grey. 
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: V-Adore on March 30, 2006, 11:18:54 pm
Also V: We have exactly your model of cat but in grey. 

Awww! We thought we were getting the same model when we got the second cat, but then it grew up and somehow became a brown-and-black clouded tabby and also morbidly afraid of all human beings other than my mother. We think the goblins may have exchanged the kitten with a lynx while we were out.
Title: Re: Adorableness
Post by: Jeepers on April 21, 2006, 06:06:29 pm
the guy I work with let out a little squeal when I found this (http://mfrost.typepad.com/cute_overload/images/monkey_and_stuff_duck_2.jpg)




once you get over the initial cuteness, it's funny to think of it as a monkey that is being trained to wrestle ducks.