The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: pmcd9 on March 29, 2006, 04:28:07 pm

Title: Tom Jones Knighted
Post by: pmcd9 on March 29, 2006, 04:28:07 pm
Story (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060329/ap_on_en_mu/tom_jones)

What exactly are the criteria for this?  I can remember when being a knight meant something.

~Paul
Title: Re: Tom Jones Knighted
Post by: AugustWest on March 29, 2006, 04:32:59 pm
eh, It's not unusual...
Title: Re: Tom Jones Knighted
Post by: pmcd9 on March 29, 2006, 04:35:38 pm
I purposely refrained from making that comment.  I wanted to see how many post it would take before it got posted.  One post, that's all it took.

~Paul
Title: Re: Tom Jones Knighted
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on March 29, 2006, 04:50:50 pm
I tried looking it up on Google but I found very little. I guess the requirements for being a knight are secret, non existent, or just the decision of the queen. I can see the queen thinking, "Hmm, I like this fellow. We had lunch a couple times and he had some good hits. Plus I used his stuff on a mix tape, I owe it to him."
Title: Re: Tom Jones Knighted
Post by: Drygioni on March 29, 2006, 05:33:30 pm
Singers being knighted? fuck*ng FOOTBALL MANAGERS have been knighted. I hear John Lydon's been nominated for next year.
Title: Re: Tom Jones Knighted
Post by: AugustWest on March 29, 2006, 07:05:12 pm
I purposely refrained from making that comment.  I wanted to see how many post it would take before it got posted.  One post, that's all it took.

~Paul

Self-restraint is not my strong point.