The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: robot_god on March 30, 2006, 05:50:16 pm

Title: House
Post by: robot_god on March 30, 2006, 05:50:16 pm
Any fans of Fox's House?

It is the only drama on network or cable TV that I have watched in the past many years.

Last episode was so much of good.  I just finished watching it.
Title: Re: House
Post by: Drygioni on March 30, 2006, 06:50:53 pm
How did Hugh Laurie transform 'thicky' Prince George to the elegant, moody and suave Dr House? It beggars belief. But yeah, it's quite popular in the UK and definitely the best thing Channel Five have shown in a long time. I likes it.
Title: Re: House
Post by: theinevitable on March 30, 2006, 09:03:08 pm
all I know is, I was watching my dvd of The Young Ones, and he was in one episode. he played Lord Monty, a horrible rich twit with an obnoxious accent.

this was the episode that Motorhead was on. It was brilliant. The cameraman, either through ineptitude or because he was trying to be funny, always zoomed in on the wrong guitarist during the solos.

They played Ace of Spades.
Title: Re: House
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 30, 2006, 09:04:45 pm
all I know is, I was watching my dvd of The Young Ones, and he was in one episode. he played Lord Monty, a horrible rich twit with an obnoxious accent.

On "University Challenge," with his teammates Lord Snot, Miss Moneysterling (who has a Porsche), and Mr. Kendall-Mintkick.
Title: Re: House
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 30, 2006, 09:18:08 pm
How did Hugh Laurie transform 'thicky' Prince George to the elegant, moody and suave Dr House? It beggars belief. But yeah, it's quite popular in the UK and definitely the best thing Channel Five have shown in a long time. I likes it.

Being a dad of a seven year old, I'm mostly amazed that this is the same guy as Stuart Little's dad.

It's a good show and one of only two we never miss (24 being the other). The one with the TB guy was pretty silly, only because I lived in that world and it doesn't go that way. The gonorrhea one with Howard Hesseman was interesting but also a little unbelievable. I'd be interested in the opinion of real ID Docs as two whether it plays as a drama or a comedy to them...I do like the show, though.
Title: Re: House
Post by: pmcd9 on March 30, 2006, 09:35:21 pm
I'm always left scratching my head whenever I find people I consider more intelligent than I enjoying entertainment of a low order.

~Paul
Title: Re: House
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 30, 2006, 09:37:32 pm
I'm always left scratching my head whenever I find people I consider more intelligent than I enjoying entertainment of a low order.

~Paul

I like strippers and blowjobs too.

Sue me.
Title: Re: House
Post by: pmcd9 on March 30, 2006, 10:10:03 pm
I like breathing.

Sue me.

Well Duh...

~Paul
Title: Re: House
Post by: wombat on March 30, 2006, 10:54:39 pm
and blowjobs too.


This is entertainment of a low order?  Why do I never get the memo!
Title: Re: House
Post by: pmcd9 on March 30, 2006, 11:15:12 pm
I like blowjobs

This is entertainment of a low order?

Yeah, I don't know what the fuck he's talking about.

~Paul
Title: Re: House
Post by: AlohaDawg on March 30, 2006, 11:18:06 pm
I'm not complaining about blowjobs I'm just saying that the appeal is not to the highest or grandest portion of our nature. Not mine, anyway. 10 years together, though, and still getting them so I count myself lucky.

I can't call this high art and it wasn't even intended to be entertaining. But damn if it isn't the best (and most amusing) use of Flash I've ever seen (http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk/bounceometer/shock.html).
Title: Re: House
Post by: lprkn on March 30, 2006, 11:34:40 pm
/\
||
||
||
Not safe for work!
Title: Re: House
Post by: misterqueue on March 30, 2006, 11:35:44 pm
That's not an arrow, that's like a... that's a rocket... or a c*ck.



Or a c*ck rocket. 


Hell...
Title: Re: House
Post by: lprkn on March 30, 2006, 11:43:35 pm
If my pitiful attempt at an arrow can serve as your own personal Rorschach, so be it.
Title: Re: House
Post by: misterqueue on March 30, 2006, 11:46:20 pm
If my pitiful attempt at an arrow can serve as your own personal Rorschach, so be it.

(http://simplemission.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/rorschach.jpg)

Someone to hear your prayers
Someone who cares
Title: Re: House
Post by: lprkn on March 31, 2006, 12:09:03 am
To paraphrase: Who watches Q?
Title: Re: House
Post by: V-Adore on March 31, 2006, 03:28:24 am
(http://simplemission.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/rorschach.jpg)

Someone to hear your prayers
Someone who cares

Okay, you win. Forever. You sick, beautiful fuck.
Title: Re: House
Post by: jough on March 31, 2006, 04:15:29 am
Remember that fateful first weekend on IRC when everyone was making ASCII cocks? 

Good times.
Title: Re: House
Post by: misterqueue on March 31, 2006, 04:17:43 am
Remember that fateful first weekend on IRC when everyone was making ASCII cocks? 

Good times.

We were just talking about that the other day.  Also, testin.


Thanks V, I am glad that made someone laugh as hard as it does to me.