The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Mantonio on March 31, 2006, 06:32:58 am

Title: Total Eclipse of the Heart
Post by: Mantonio on March 31, 2006, 06:32:58 am
Ladies and gents, I direct your attention to this bit of folk craft. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=HNrh9SMwLiI&search=total%20eclipse%20of%20the%20heart) I don't think this creation was meant to be ironic, people.

Full disclosure: Total Eclipse of the Heart is one of those songs I secretly like. Well, not secretly anymore. Anyway, I admit this lest you think I was on YouTube.com searching for - gag - Dr***nB***Z.
Title: Re: Total Eclipse of the Heart
Post by: jough on March 31, 2006, 06:40:36 am
Yeah, Total Eclipse of the Heart is a good song.  Ain't no reason to be embarrassed about liking quality music, friend.
Title: Re: Total Eclipse of the Heart
Post by: Mantonio on March 31, 2006, 08:06:33 am
Yeah, Total Eclipse of the Heart is a good song.

Indeed it is. What's your favorite version? I myself get a kick out of the Hurra Torpedo rendition.
Title: Re: Total Eclipse of the Heart
Post by: jough on March 31, 2006, 09:43:43 am
There is only the Bonnie Tyler version for me, man.  I'm a traditionalist.

I was amused by that other version, though, seen here (http://www.devilducky.com/media/27260/).  Why Chuckie Circle hasn't posted that link before is beyond me.
Title: Re: Total Eclipse of the Heart
Post by: miles on March 31, 2006, 02:15:00 pm
Wait, so you were on YouTube.com searching for videos of Total Eclipse of the Heart?
Title: Re: Total Eclipse of the Heart
Post by: Roger on March 31, 2006, 04:27:28 pm
If you close your eyes and listen intently to this song after the 3:05 mark, you can clearly see Santa Claus' sleigh bombing the city.
Title: Re: Total Eclipse of the Heart
Post by: pmcd9 on March 31, 2006, 04:33:20 pm
If you close your eyes and listen intently to this song after the 3:05 mark, you can clearly see Santa Claus' sleigh bombing the city.

That sounds about right.

~Paul
Title: Re: Total Eclipse of the Heart
Post by: Mantonio on March 31, 2006, 05:50:41 pm
Wait, so you were on YouTube.com searching for videos of Total Eclipse of the Heart?

Yea, basically. Here's how it worked - I went to YouTube in search of early episodes of Beavis and Butthead. After finding a few of those, I thought, "why not look for some of the music videos B&B used to watch?" Thus I was lead to the Safety Dance video. From there, I tought, "hmmm, there are a lot of 80's songs I have not seen the video for - say, Total Eclipse of the Heart." And that is how I learned that there is a subset of our population that remixes old Dragon Ball Z and Final Fantasy episodes and sets them to that particular song.
Title: Re: Total Eclipse of the Heart
Post by: pmcd9 on March 31, 2006, 05:57:40 pm
Yea, basically. Here's how it worked - I went to YouTube in search of early episodes of Beavis and Butthead. After finding a few of those, I thought, "why not look for some of the music videos B&B used to watch?" Thus I was lead to the Safety Dance video. From there, I tought, "hmmm, there are a lot of 80's songs I have not seen the video for - say, Total Eclipse of the Heart." And that is how I learned that there is a subset of our population that remixes old Dragon Ball Z and Final Fantasy episodes and sets them to that particular song.

I think that's a textbook definition of a slippery slope.

~Paul
Title: Re: Total Eclipse of the Heart
Post by: Mantonio on March 31, 2006, 08:36:21 pm
I think that's a textbook definition of a slippery slope.

~Paul

Now now, I didn' say I actually enjoy that mashup. At least, not yet.

Oh God, who am I kidding. Next thing you know I'll be making my own similar videos, only the song will be Heaven by Bryan Adams and the Dragonball Z will be replaced by hentai tentacle porn. From there, it's only a hop, skip and a jump to thinking I'm Otherkin. Crapcrapcrapcrap!
Title: Re: Total Eclipse of the Heart
Post by: miles on April 01, 2006, 03:47:45 am
Heaven by Bryan Adams

Funny you mention this, because when you mentioned you secretly love Total Eclipse of the Heart, first thought to my mind was that I secretly love Heaven.  And yes, only the original for me.

Hmm, wonder if I still have it on my ipod...?  Shit yes I do.
Title: Re: Total Eclipse of the Heart
Post by: Doc on April 03, 2006, 08:05:28 am
All this talk of 80s music is just re-inforcing in my head that I need to find me a Meatloaf cd. Can't decide between a generic greatest hits or an actual album like bat out of hell though.
Not like I really care so long as it has 'jumpstart my heart' though, that song is a thing of beauty.

EDIT: 'Kickstart my heart' DAMNIT
Title: Re: Total Eclipse of the Heart
Post by: jough on April 03, 2006, 03:40:38 pm
Jumpstart is funnier, though, implying that it has stopped.