The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: FlipConstantine on April 04, 2006, 09:35:44 pm

Title: Interesting date, Noted, Thank You Wired News.
Post by: FlipConstantine on April 04, 2006, 09:35:44 pm
I found this article (http://"http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,70587-0.html?tw=rss.index"), and I thought, damn, why wasn't this more of a special occasion?  These are the things we should be having holidays for people, not turkeys and indians.

From the article:

"Pogue writes: Late tonight -- specifically, 123 seconds after 1:00 a.m. -- the time and date, for the first time in all of humanity, will be 01:02:03 04/05/06."

Of course this is all predicated on living in the States and buying into these newfangled "solar" measurments of time.
Title: Re: Interesting date, Noted, Thank You Wired News.
Post by: misterqueue on April 04, 2006, 09:44:34 pm
Well if you have to celebrate some representative system for mankind to track what is essentially "change" then this seems a good reason as any.

Bottoms up.
Title: Re: Interesting date, Noted, Thank You Wired News.
Post by: CortJstr on April 04, 2006, 09:48:48 pm
Dammit, and to think I missed 01/02/03 04:05:06
Title: Re: Interesting date, Noted, Thank You Wired News.
Post by: robot_god on April 04, 2006, 10:43:49 pm
Fine.  I guess I'll party if I have to.
Title: Re: Interesting date, Noted, Thank You Wired News.
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 04, 2006, 10:45:15 pm
And noone said a damn thing on June 5, 2004 when it was at 3:02:01.

Or January 2 2003 at 4:05:06.

Someone tell pogue it happens every 100 years, also.
Title: Re: Interesting date, Noted, Thank You Wired News.
Post by: FlipConstantine on April 04, 2006, 10:48:54 pm
Yeah but it only happened once that day right?
Title: Re: Interesting date, Noted, Thank You Wired News.
Post by: Hobot on April 05, 2006, 12:18:25 am
I'm a fan of the Ultimate Pi Moment (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi_day#_ref-0).
Title: Re: Interesting date, Noted, Thank You Wired News.
Post by: miles on April 05, 2006, 12:21:50 am
So tragic that it went unnoticed.  This could work in another 'Bill & Ted's' sequel, though.  Their sons are failing math, so Bill, Ted, and George Carlin take them on a mathematical journey through history.
Title: Re: Interesting date, Noted, Thank You Wired News.
Post by: jough on April 05, 2006, 04:32:44 am
Oh, and on June 6th at 6:06:06AM it'll be 060606 060606

GASPO!
Title: Re: Interesting date, Noted, Thank You Wired News.
Post by: Lister on April 05, 2006, 01:08:39 pm
I remember making a note of the fact that it was 11:59:59 on November 31, 1999, because that was the last time every digit would be odd until the year 3111.  That was pretty cool.

Okay, maybe not.
Title: Re: Interesting date, Noted, Thank You Wired News.
Post by: Mantonio on April 05, 2006, 04:28:21 pm
I liked the palindrome year of 2002 but am sad I won't live to see the year 2222.
Title: Re: Interesting date, Noted, Thank You Wired News.
Post by: theinevitable on April 05, 2006, 08:27:18 pm
mann.
we kind of observed it in my latin class.

also, my math teacher mentioned it.