The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: miles on April 12, 2006, 01:00:58 pm
-
So the other day I saw some kind of piece in the paper on Cleary, and I swear it read like she had just died. Then I thought, that wouldn't slip by the members of TOUAMB, would it? Turns out she's turning 90 (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5333267).
Happy 90th! One of the few authors from my earlier days in elementary school that I can still read with nearly the same amount of pleasure that I found in her works then.
-
Holy crap, didn't know she was still kicking. I look forward to reading her books to my imaginary future children someday.
-
wow, this is exciting.
she is a great lady. I liked her books. they are fun to read. And about animals!
I would recommend to read her books. I liked them all alot.
-
Happy Birthday, Ramona's mom!
I didn't read her books as a kid, but read them to my kids. They are wonderful, although sometimes I wonder why Beezus doesn't just haul off and smack Ramona.
-
wow, this is exciting.
she is a great lady. I liked her books. they are fun to read. And about animals!
I would recommend to read her books. I liked them all alot.
That was the most adorable book review ever. When I write my autobiography (tentatively titled Hobot: No, It's Not About Gardening), will you write an equally wonderful review for me?
-
Hey look at those pictures - it's like Ramona at 90 and Ramona as a kid. Cool.
Also, the hardwiring in my brain, upon seeing that picture of Beverly Cleary, makes me want to hug a grandma. All three of mine are long gone, but my SO's grandma is totally due for a hugging over Easter. She will be hugged.
Have you hugged a grandma lately?
-
Have you hugged a grandma lately?
Yeah, but not quite the way you are suggesting.
~Paul
-
Happy Birthday, Ramona's mom!
I didn't read her books as a kid, but read them to my kids. They are wonderful, although sometimes I wonder why Beezus doesn't just haul off and smack Ramona.
You have kids, Aug.
You know not everything makes the book!
-
Sadly, the only grandma I know at the moment is my Psychology professor/grad school recommender, and I think it may actually be against the rules to hug her. I'll just have to hug my own grandmas more when I do see them again.
I remember almost nothing about the Ramona books, but nonetheless, awwww.
-
When I was a kid there were books about Henry Huggins and his dog, Ribsy. I think those are harder to find now because it's way more profitable to market books to girls than boys. I read the Henry Huggins books.
Does anyone here remember Alvin Fernald?
-
I was a big fan of Henry Reed.
-
I'm a big fan of Lou Reed.
-
I'm a big fan of Lou Reed.
I'm a big fan of Lou Marini.
~Paul
-
I'm a big fan of Lou Grant.
-
I'm a big fan of Richard E. Grant.
-
I'm a big fan of Richard III
-
I'm a big fan of Richard Nixon.
-
I'm a big fan of Cynthia Nixon.
-
I'm a big fan of Julie Nixon Eisenhower.
-
I'm a big fan of Julie Andrews
~Paul
-
I'm a big fan of Julie Newmar.
-
I'm a big fan of Isaac Newton, myself.
-
I'm a big fan of Wally Cox.
-
I'm a fan of Marcellus Wallace.
-
I'm a big fan of locking this thread*.
Happy Birthday Beverly Cleary.
~Paul
*It's my fora so there.
-
Yeah, this ran its course.
Still a big fan, though.
-
I'm a big fan of Paul.
-
I'm a fan of posting the last word to locked threads.