The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Drygioni on April 12, 2006, 09:00:22 pm

Title: Collaborative TOUAMB song/theme tune
Post by: Drygioni on April 12, 2006, 09:00:22 pm
This is probably going to work better in theory than in practice, but I think a collaborative music piece done by the board is an idea too awesome not to try and follow through. It could perhaps take the form of one person providing a chord structure, someone else adding a bassline, then a melody, until we have our own song. Does this idea suck?

How it might work:

There is the music and a recording of the song in it's current form, so for example we start with a chord structure. This is then recorded and wrote down and sent to the next contributor. They then update recording and music. Using something like Guitar Pro or Sibelius I could write the whole thing up if there's problems with people recording.

Anyway, that's just a basic idea of how it might work. Christ, this thing is destined to fail.   
Title: Re: Collaborative TOUAMB song/theme tune
Post by: wombat on April 12, 2006, 09:24:03 pm
Does it have lyrics?
Title: Re: Collaborative TOUAMB song/theme tune
Post by: Drygioni on April 12, 2006, 09:25:46 pm
Does it have lyrics?

Hell, it can have didgeredoo. If you reckon you could live up to the greatness of TOUAMB and write some great lyrics about it, that'd be fantastic. Maybe a certain poetry expert who has been here since the babysteps of the board.
Title: Re: Collaborative TOUAMB song/theme tune
Post by: AugustWest on April 12, 2006, 09:27:29 pm
Last time I wrote lyrics on this board I was promised a recorded song, but I never heard it.

I'm looking at you Limmo...
Title: Re: Collaborative TOUAMB song/theme tune
Post by: Simms on April 12, 2006, 11:34:54 pm
Honestly, I think we should just get it done right now and steal 'We Are the World.'

It's quick, it's easy, it's star-studded.
Title: Re: Collaborative TOUAMB song/theme tune
Post by: robot_god on April 13, 2006, 12:08:22 am
TOUAMB band?  Playing the blues the government doesn't want to be heard?

I always translate "touamb" to "tomb" in my mind (because it sounds cool, not because I come here to die).  How about the "Touambstones"?
Title: Re: Collaborative TOUAMB song/theme tune
Post by: Drygioni on April 13, 2006, 12:15:21 am
TOUAMB band?  Playing the blues the government doesn't want to be heard?

I always translate "touamb" to "tomb" in my mind (because it sounds cool, not because I come here to die).  How about the "Touambstones"?

Yes! Good! A band name is always the first step. The Touambies might work, but confusion with awards and all. I can't believe I'm taking this seriously.
Title: Re: Collaborative TOUAMB song/theme tune
Post by: V-Adore on April 13, 2006, 01:52:13 am
I approve of this project but have no way of contributing. So... y'know. Carry on.
Title: Re: Collaborative TOUAMB song/theme tune
Post by: misterqueue on April 13, 2006, 01:56:12 am
If you need words or a melody to a singing line I'm the guy... beyond that.. uhh.. I will watch.  Hello.
Title: Re: Collaborative TOUAMB song/theme tune
Post by: Drygioni on April 13, 2006, 02:05:43 am
If you need words or a melody to a singing line I'm the guy... beyond that.. uhh.. I will watch.  Hello.

As long as you do not sing about torture, stalking, or sexual deviancy. Unless you can do it in a Jarvis Cocker kind of way. Scratch that, DO sing about these things. If it's going to be a TOUAMB song, then it's going to have some misterqueue personality in it.

I apologise for that crankiness.
Title: Re: Collaborative TOUAMB song/theme tune
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 13, 2006, 08:30:26 pm
As long as you do not sing about torture, stalking, or sexual deviancy. Unless you can do it in a Jarvis Cocker kind of way. Scratch that, DO sing about these things. If it's going to be a TOUAMB song, then it's going to have some misterqueue personality in it.

I apologise for that crankiness.

If we don't sing about those things, all that's left is giraffe placenta.
Title: Re: Collaborative TOUAMB song/theme tune
Post by: AugustWest on April 13, 2006, 08:45:10 pm
If we don't sing about those things, all that's left is giraffe placenta.
And prescriptive grammar.
Title: Re: Collaborative TOUAMB song/theme tune
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on April 13, 2006, 09:35:30 pm
Will the song be Educational?
Title: Re: Collaborative TOUAMB song/theme tune
Post by: misterqueue on April 13, 2006, 09:59:42 pm
Mostly I am hoping it is basically like treasure.
Title: Re: Collaborative TOUAMB song/theme tune
Post by: Doc on May 01, 2006, 10:08:32 am
'Basically like treasure' would be a good title, though it sounds more like an album title than a song.